Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog's Rights and Protection:
Inconsiderate neighbour

myHIRO
New User

Nov 2, 2007, 1:06 AM

Post #1 of 8 (2526 views)
Shortcut
Inconsiderate neighbour Can't Post

One of the resident around my neighbourhood lets his dog out and runs around freely every morning for pee poo. Wat pisses me off is that the dog will just come to my front gate and just lepak there for a minute or two. Naturally my golden retriever will bark at him so the barking noise wakes me up almost everyday around 6am!

Who can i turn to regarding this kind of matter?

shekel
Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2007, 2:08 AM

Post #2 of 8 (2520 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myHIRO] Inconsiderate neighbour [In reply to] Can't Post

write a note and put in thier letter box. or go up to the owner. still the same thing happen culik the dog and see if the owner care or not. if they claim that is thier dog just let them know how you feel but tell them in the polite way.
Shekel

myzanordin
ALPHA

Nov 2, 2007, 2:09 AM

Post #3 of 8 (2520 views)
Shortcut

Talk to your neighbour? or eventually, u will get use to the bark and will sleep off. My dogs sleep with us in the room, they (3 of them) will bark at anything that moves in the hall. Especially with the arrival of my new kitten who is very playful...I told them its alright, its only the kitten...then they will settle down...

Maybe, u can approach your dog and tell him its alright, its only the neighbours dog...I dont know it works for me !Sly..I guess, after a while, your GR will learn that the dog is 'no harm' to him or the household...

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Nov 10, 2007, 12:21 AM

Post #4 of 8 (2456 views)
Shortcut

Hi there!

Oh, same problem here. Luckily there's only one dog lepaking outside your house. Here got THREE sometimes FOUR! All males, all dominant, all fighting all the time, peeing & pooping EVERYWHERE! Neighbors cars, outside my house & others, disturbing other female dogs especially those on heat & the worst thing is, going into people's homes through the drains & gaps! This really pisses me off! It's very difficult when my dogs are on heat you know especially Amber my Golden coz her smell is very strong unlike Faith's, my Dalmatian. It attracts alot of male dogs. It's so difficult that we can't even bring her out for walks.

I suggest you not to talk to your neighbor personally & tell them not to let hie/her dog run loose everywhere coz we did that last year & you know what happened after that, they threatened us & they threatened to hurt our dogs. They were so dangerous that we made a police report. They're just opposite us, just few doors down & they are Indians. They had a male pariah & they let it loose almost all day. It will so its business at everybody's houses including ours & our cars. And what makes me sick is, they are watching their dog doing it & they laugh about it & they don't stop their dog from doing it! Can you imagine that? So anyway, we talked to them politely & they got real mad! We are now enemies you know...So I suggest you don't. I suggest you call SPCA or anyone else who can help this prob. We called the SPCA last time & they talked to the owners of that male dog. They stopped letting him loose for about one month & after that, they did it again...They never learn.

Owners who let their dogs loose, don't like other people telling them what to do. Last time another male dog belonged to some chinese owners always let him & another dog loose everyday. He kept on coming to our house disturbing my dogs & doing business outside our house. One day we got fedup, walked to their house & told them politely. They were playing Mah Jong at that time coz it was Chinese New Year. And guess what they told us? They blamed us for having female dogs! My gosh...They said, "You have female dogs mah, what do you expect?" But that's not the point! The point is, why are you letting your dogs loose & let it do business at everybody's houses in the neighborhood, right? "Oh, becoz no time to bring them out!" Excuses, excuses, excuses... And it's not the dogs' fault. It's the dumb irresponsible owners' fault! And no matter how many times you tell them, they will not listen. They are stubborn & not bothered & just basically don't care whether they dog gets run over or die coz afterall, heck! They can get a new one after that, right? This is typical Malaysian mentality...

That's why there's so many cases of dog abuse nowadays. People get angry & will purposely hurt the dog or sometimes cut its leg to stop its mobility. It's wrong to do that to an innocent dog but people get so angry that they will do this. And it's all the owners' fault...Sometimes, we also get very angry that we feel like hurting the dog but we don't want to. I don't know about you but maybe you are also feeling the same way right now becoz of that dog.

So I rather you leave a very polite note in his/her mailbox. Don't write your name or where you live. Just tell the owner, please stop letting your dog loose all the time coz everybody in your area are not happy & so on, so on. If I still see your dog loose again, I will have no choice but to take action.

Believe me, 90% owners with pariah dogs don't care! Only pedigrees are not let loose...Some pariahs are not let loose too but majority, all are allowed to roam around freely & do their own thing. Do you know they chinese owners of the two male dogs already kena warning by the dog catchers? But still, not bothered to learn... I don't understand these owners at all. Why have a dog in the 1st place? Just to jaga house I guess...

So many of the dogs here already kena tangkap by the dog catchers including the male pariah dog who belonged to the Indian owners. But now, they have a new puppy & I'm very sure, once it's all grown up, the WHOLE thing is going to start again! What can we do now...We totally give up. No pount telling them again coz they will just get mad.

Regards,
Melissa

(This post was edited by Amber.Faith on Nov 10, 2007, 12:54 AM)

lilfunky
Canine Addict

Nov 10, 2007, 12:34 AM

Post #5 of 8 (2453 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] Inconsiderate neighbour [In reply to] Can't Post

such neighbour. bad location lol
Love them, they will love you
They Don't Talk Don't Meant They Wrong.

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Nov 10, 2007, 12:46 AM

Post #6 of 8 (2451 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lilfunky] Inconsiderate neighbour [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey! Actually the whole Puncak Jalil like this lah...Infact, everywhere also same lah & in your area also I'm sure have a few or one.

lilfunky
Canine Addict

Nov 10, 2007, 1:33 AM

Post #7 of 8 (2442 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] Inconsiderate neighbour [In reply to] Can't Post

my area got. buthen their doggies come not poo&pee front my house. just come when see me do the kesian sound i give them treat then ask them go back. they eat d go d. juz lidat lorh. but shifting soon la. ~O~
Love them, they will love you
They Don't Talk Don't Meant They Wrong.

voyagerlim2001
Novice

Dec 17, 2007, 9:06 AM

Post #8 of 8 (2373 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lilfunky] Inconsiderate neighbour [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah everywhere in Malaysia is the same lar. I'm staying in somewhere considered only the middle class and above can afford, but still those ppl care nothing about the welfare of the neighbourhood, their mongrels run here and there harassing people going and coming back to n from work every morning and evening.

They poo on your nice Taiwanese grass. They chase you car/motorcycle whenever they see our vehicle moving around.

One of the neighbour even more funny. Every morning, he walk his over-grown Shih Tzu around the neighborhood on leash. And another one of his mongrel off leash. The off leash part is already unacceptable to me, the worse thing is, he allow his dogs to pee and POO at people's doorstep and tyres.

There was this Indian lady told me she already warned that fuc*** up old man not to do that because it's very unethical and things. Guess what he told us? He said :"That was my dog pee'ing ma. Not my fault, I cant control it"

I said wtf? this kinda idiot words oso can tell people. If he's so lazy to educate the dog then better dont keep la. If i'm the government i will lock that old man up in the dog cage and let him live there for the rest of his life. Sometimes the previous generation old people, although educated but they care nothing about their neighbors. That pisses me off!!

My silky is also a territorial guy. But whenever he wanna do marking when i bring him out, when i told him not to he will stop. Only when give the signal he will do. That i oso i took some time to educate him about it. What's the problem about controlling your dog?

I can say 99.99% of the dog's misbehavior comes from the owner. It is our responsibility to educate all our dogs and it is our responsibility to keep them on leash when we walk them in the neighborhood, for the sake of being considerate to other races in the neighborhood.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." - Josh Billings

Please visit my website at http://voyagerlim2001.multiply.com/

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my