Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
Maltese

christyz
New User

Oct 29, 2007, 3:15 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2854 views)
Shortcut
Maltese Can't Post

Hi all! i'm a new member here and i'm now interested to have a puppy. i saw pictures of maltese in the websites and they are so cute!

i would like to ask how much is a maltese roughly?
how high is the maintenance? eg: the grooming

thanks for help Smile

bakamono
Enthusiast

Oct 29, 2007, 8:04 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2833 views)
Shortcut
Re: [christyz] Maltese [In reply to] Can't Post

All puppies are cute including human babies. The question is not how much to get one or how much for maintainance (for maybe 12 years), it's how much time you can sacrifice to spend wz the pup until maybe after 6 to 12 mths in order for him/her to get use to you and the new home. And how patient are u with the all the hygien issue inside the house. Suggest u go to MPH n get a book which introduce you to all type of breeds and their temprement n find a breed that really suits your life style b4 even bringing the pup home.

Regards

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Nov 1, 2007, 1:13 AM

Post #3 of 5 (2802 views)
Shortcut

yeah yeah agree with baka........hahahahah

Maltese....ahh....used to be my dream dog mannn... Tongue used to want a female maltese so I an tie ribbons. Hahaha now i got 2 ACS.....both I hardly bath them cos they seemed clean to me as always indoor. Looking at now that I hardly bath/comb my dogs, luckily I never get the Maltese. Hahahahaha and white fur can probably turn teh tarik color with me. Hahahaha Tongue

General info, dogs that require professional grooming few times a year are all HIGH maintanence dog! Unless u sendiri go attend some classes or trial and error urself till u get perfect lor. Unless and until u dont need the service of a pro-groomer anymore, those dogs are high maintanence financially and of cos TIME! Crazy

Don be fooled by the beauty ok! Better u sendiri go find some maltese breeders and sendiri go and see for urself the puppies. Touch them, feel them, hang out with them and ask those maltese pros how is it like. Then from there u can tell whether you can AFFORD the maltese or not. Wink

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 3, 2007, 11:50 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2765 views)
Shortcut

When we see doggies at books, magazines or websites, most of them are superbly nice & cute because these are the chosen ones maybe 1 out of hundreds. So, eventhough you may find numerous maltese with cert out there, but they might not grow up looks like the cute maltese u seen. My advice is, visit as many breeders as possible, ask to look at their adults, not puppies. ALL puppies are cute, so look at the adults then you will roughly know what size the puppy grow up to be and how it will looks like.

If you really love maltese & want to learn more about them, feel free to pay us a visit, i dont have any puppy for sale currently though, but i have adorable ones to play with if you like to know more about them.

Regards,

Yang

austinooi
New User

Feb 20, 2008, 7:54 AM

Post #5 of 5 (2494 views)
Shortcut

Any contacts for maltese puppies or not? thanks. Looking for one here.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my