Home: Behavioral Problems: Digging, Bitting, Licking, Pulling and Chewing:
Bites everything

lilfunky
Canine Addict

Oct 26, 2007, 9:50 AM

Post #1 of 15 (7390 views)
Shortcut
Bites everything Can't Post

Well, i got my shihtzu that 2month3weeks . he keep on bites me, not only me he bites alot ppl like my grandpup and uncle. he loves to bite toe and fingers damn pain. and my leg are injured now keep on bite my leg sho pain Frown. i did read other threads that say using high tone say "NOO" will work. but my pup keep biting me. and end up i cant tahan d i roll up 3 pages newspaper smack his butt. of cause it dont hurts. cause i dun really can hurt him. if i hurt him my heart pain Pirate . well i noe he is teething now. i did buy few chewing stuff for him. in playpen. he dont really chew them but keep on come out tissue. alamak i also headache. very notty not fierce of spanking him. any ideaa ?
Love them, they will love you
They Don't Talk Don't Meant They Wrong.

(This post was edited by lilfunky on Oct 26, 2007, 9:51 AM)

bakamono
Enthusiast

Oct 26, 2007, 11:46 PM

Post #2 of 15 (7373 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lilfunky] Bites everything [In reply to] Can't Post

sometimes it's a way how little ones show they are geram. Prepare a small kong toy stuff wz treats n gv it to him whenever he starts on the fingers or toes. My little one always help me to untie my shoe strings when I step into the house everyday n she will only stop when I carry her in my arm. It's her way of saying " I lov u n I miss u and I can't reach yr face!" Don't smack his butt when he's bitting your fingers bcoz since it won't hurt him at all, he'll have the wrong intention that u r enjoying it so much that u r playing wz him. If me, I'll bite harder lah.

kyels_k
Dog Kichi

Nov 20, 2007, 6:43 PM

Post #3 of 15 (6993 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bakamono] Bites everything [In reply to] Can't Post

bakamono,

I'm facing the same problem as lilfunky too. My Silky does not bite fingers and toes when she was still 2 months; she did but very, very rare. But these days she's getting cheekier and naughtier and she loves to bite fingers and toes. The best for her are toes because when we walk, our toes move and she's zoom and attack our toes. She lives with my parents right now and my mom has been saying NO and smacking her butt with newspapers but she does not seem to understand and kept on biting and thinking that everyone is playing with her.

I have toys for her too but she is disinterested in those. For those chewy bites, she can get it done in 15 minutes. I was just wondering, will all these stop when the teeth are replaced by permanent ones?

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring -- it was peace. (Milan Kundera)

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 20, 2007, 6:54 PM

Post #4 of 15 (6990 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kyels_k] Bites everything [In reply to] Can't Post

Try kong toy maybe.. d type that can put food inside and dog will spend tiem to try take it out.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

kyels_k
Dog Kichi

Nov 20, 2007, 7:12 PM

Post #5 of 15 (6988 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Bites everything [In reply to] Can't Post

Gave her the KONG toys; still cannot. She will dump it after a while. Haha.

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring -- it was peace. (Milan Kundera)

bakamono
Enthusiast

Nov 20, 2007, 7:48 PM

Post #6 of 15 (6985 views)
Shortcut

she's only 2 months old n will get out of the habit eventually. My mix TS is oledi 1 yr + n wil still get into the mood sometimes but not that very often. Now she is in advance level. Whenver I play fetch wz my LR n ECS, knowing she's not fast enough every time, she'll goes for the LR's hind legs n clink onto it. Eventho the LR got the toy in her mouth n try to get it back to me, she has trouble walking wz her holding her teeth at the leg. She is a real cheaky one. Bear wz her for a few months as when she grows older all she wants is to climb onto u and sleep on yr tummy. Bet u when the time comes, u r going to miss all those biting from her.

kyels_k
Dog Kichi

Nov 20, 2007, 8:14 PM

Post #7 of 15 (6981 views)
Shortcut

bakamono,

She is entering her fourth month already. Haha! My mom kept asking me when is she going to stop biting. Strangely, she does not bite my father. Only my siblings and mom. We were patient with her but her bitings can puncture holes in our fingers ... Hee! Because she'd be so geram!

Laugh

bakamono
Enthusiast

Nov 20, 2007, 9:05 PM

Post #8 of 15 (6976 views)
Shortcut

they might be small but they r not stupid as they know who can bully 1. My mix TS will never go for my children's legs or else she'll b rolled like a bowling ball. As for her other 2 sisters, the ECS is the queen of the pack. Only the big LR will let her have her way without getting angry.

kyels_k
Dog Kichi

Nov 20, 2007, 9:20 PM

Post #9 of 15 (6973 views)
Shortcut

Yeah! Exactly, I told my mom to be strict with her. My brothers will not scold her; pamper her too much. When I am at home, I will whack her if she bites me. But I just want the biting issue to stop. Even the nylabones won't help.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 20, 2007, 10:27 PM

Post #10 of 15 (6970 views)
Shortcut

Try something like wasabi, minyak angin or even use your fingernails to pinch their ears when they bite.

kyels_k
Dog Kichi

Nov 21, 2007, 12:41 AM

Post #11 of 15 (6965 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Bites everything [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmm ... Okay. Used to scared of Vicks but for a while only.

Jacqueline
New User

Nov 24, 2007, 10:15 PM

Post #12 of 15 (6903 views)
Shortcut

hi.. im new to this forum but i knew bout this forum long time ago. i saw some of the posting, i also has the same problem wit my little notti boy i mean my dog, he juz reach 5 mth old, likes to bite my hand n shirt but not my leg o toe animore...i try the eucalyptus oil it works but also juz for a while, afta i wash away he starts to bite again..headache. ani suggestion on permanent stop bitting..?Frown

don dare to hit him coz he stil wil bite back coz mayb he thinks im playing wit him...

mickey123
Enthusiast

Nov 25, 2007, 6:35 AM

Post #13 of 15 (6897 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jacqueline] Bites everything [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

my girl just 3 months old.. and if you did read my post, you will know that she bite me when she refuses to do something.. but, these few days (don't know whether is the weather made her unactive or other reason), when she tried to bite me, I stand up and say no (firmly) to her. she would sit and look at me.. after a while, when I tried to touch her, she tried to bite (play with) me again, I did the same thing.. and she did stop at that moment and knew that I didn't like it.. so, I think if I continue to do this, she might stop biting me?? I'll let you know later.. :) or you can try and see.. :) good luck..

(This post was edited by mickey123 on Nov 25, 2007, 6:36 AM)

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 26, 2007, 10:09 PM

Post #14 of 15 (6857 views)
Shortcut

Heard they dun like the smell of oil of eucalyptus but think they must not lick it. Try do a search on it.

daniellechua02
Novice

May 19, 2008, 12:36 AM

Post #15 of 15 (5877 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lilfunky] Bites everything [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey guys, did you all provide dog socialization for the pup?

As i find dog socialization help with dog bitting problems. As when they are playing with their mates they can communicate, interact and they will control and inhibit bitting. This happened naturally.

I would recommend starting dog training from bitting around from the age of two months old. How to train him?

First, whenever you puppy bite you, you need to inform him let him know you are suffering. When he bites you, try to yield or making noise showing you are in pain. He will get shock and stop bitting immediately by looking at you innocently. Leave him alone for few seconds. The worse thing for puppies will be staying alone without companion. So they will realize, you don’t like them to do that. Remember to keep this action consistent and persistent when training your puppies.

If the above does not help, you can read the whole article here :
pinurl.com/dog_biting

You can give your pup dog toys to reduce the dog biting issue :
pinurl.com/dogbitingsolution
Danielle Chua
www.dogcareschool.com

Love and Understand your dog, pinurl.com/loveyourdog

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my