Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Can dogs sleep in the same room with the new born baby??? Advise pls...

JustineBiBi

Oct 25, 2007, 7:28 PM

Post #1 of 10 (2143 views)
Shortcut
Can dogs sleep in the same room with the new born baby??? Advise pls... Can't Post

I have read many different threads regarding the above mentioned... some says baby can sleep in the same room with the furkids, but some say cannot... so confusing!!!

I read a research from DR, they are not objecting a new born baby is put in the dogs existence environment as according to them, baby will get stronger and they can learn what is love. But, according to the older people, they object 100% that a baby can live together with the dogs as dogs will cause the baby sick or not healthy because of their fur...

For you guys, what do you think? Did this happen in your own environment? Have you experience this before? Hope you can share your experience with me and all the dog lovers here.... ThanksWink

supermutts
K9 Senior

Oct 28, 2007, 1:12 AM

Post #2 of 10 (2115 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JustineBiBi] Can dogs sleep in the same room with the new born baby??? Advise pls... [In reply to] Can't Post

a well kept and tidy dog without any illness won't harm the baby, but if the old folks feel uneasy.. then just move the dog out of the room lor... dog can stay anywhere comfy in the hse, dun wana argue too much with ol folks, they ol dy.....

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Oct 28, 2007, 7:15 PM

Post #3 of 10 (2094 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JustineBiBi] Can dogs sleep in the same room with the new born baby??? Advise pls... [In reply to] Can't Post

ya lor...agree with mutt though.....don provoke lau ah mah and lau ah pek lah ok......they are old liao. Wink

But undeniable lah that dog's fur is one of the most common allergens. So might trigger asthma lor......but very rare lah. Have to be allergic to it only can cause asthma. If not, nothing one lah.

Then again, the child is yours. You as the parent decide what's best for them. Having the dog indoor, might cause health problems which can be solved with medications. But building a child's character with the help of a dog indoor could be something that Fisher Price cant do for you. Tongue

When I have kids later on, I will have my dogs by them. When they get older, I will get them a dog and that dog will be theirs even though I will most probably do all shit work lah so that they will learn to be responsible over another helpless being. My parents/grandparents taught me that way. Neighbors used to talk talk talk behind our backs cos we let the dog stay in the room and they allow me to share my ice cream/food with the dog. Crazy Say dirty lah, bla bla bla, padahal, they pulak let their kids go catch fish in the longkang! I wonder which is dirtier. Wink

Sick...where got sick....still alive and kicking ah. I somemore remember, my grandparents deworm both of us together. The dog takes drontal, I took zentel liquid. Tongue

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

bakamono
Enthusiast

Oct 29, 2007, 3:54 PM

Post #4 of 10 (2073 views)
Shortcut

Pls don't forget, our old folks uses broom to sweep the floor n we use vacuum cleaner. During their time dogs not allowed to be kept inside the house and their understanding of the canine is very limited. To them dogs r dirty with ticks n they pee n poo around the place. How they wish their dogs to lick back the pee n poo to save them the trouble of cleaning. Personally feel that it's alright as long as we keep a tab on hygiene issues. A baby is not going to be a baby forever n as they grow along their immune system will get stronger. There's no 100% guarantee to all things but try it out and be extra careful is what I'll do.

Thanks

JustineBiBi

Nov 3, 2007, 5:37 AM

Post #5 of 10 (2024 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] Can dogs sleep in the same room with the new born baby??? Advise pls... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
a well kept and tidy dog without any illness won't harm the baby, but if the old folks feel uneasy.. then just move the dog out of the room lor... dog can stay anywhere comfy in the hse, dun wana argue too much with ol folks, they ol dy.....

not arguing with the old folks...

i have tried before to get a room for my dogs (different room with me). but, they refused to stay in the room themselves, they'll make a lot of noise when keep them in that room (asking us to let them out of that room). when we let them into our room (room that they used to sleep since puppy) they'll sleep quietly on the floor or on their beds. even if let them sleep outside, the living room, without my existence, they'll also feel unsecure and will look for all the way. that's why, i m worry... they'll not feel easy without my existence and they'll make a lot of noise (that'll scare the baby)

JustineBiBi

Nov 3, 2007, 6:16 AM

Post #6 of 10 (2022 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] Can dogs sleep in the same room with the new born baby??? Advise pls... [In reply to] Can't Post

as i m staying at flat, so need to keep them indoor instead of outdoor (no place to keep them outdoor la...) if not keeping them indoor... where to keep them?? if asking me to give them away... NO WAY!!! i wish my child later will like me and his dad also... we both like/ love dogs very much!!

i hope that my in laws will understand and accept my dogs...

supermutts
K9 Senior

Nov 3, 2007, 7:43 AM

Post #7 of 10 (2018 views)
Shortcut

i think there is a way to train your dog to accept being put in a new place, but it will take time n' depends on the dog, if u have time to train, maybe u can start feeding ur dog in the other room, and leave it there to makan by itself, and play with it there.,etc etc until he gets used to be left alone...

some dogs too manja, jadi very sticky... very susah wan..

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

JustineBiBi

Nov 4, 2007, 9:59 PM

Post #8 of 10 (2002 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] Can dogs sleep in the same room with the new born baby??? Advise pls... [In reply to] Can't Post

normally, when it is the time for their meal, i'll get them to go into their crate. coz, since puppy, they use to having their meal in the crate already. and, they do have toys... so many of them!! huh... i used to let them have their toys... they'll play with their toys their own. but, even though there are so many toys given to them, my MS used to grab all the toys for himself. he wont let my ST to have even one. sometimes, my ST will only let the MS to have the toys... and ignore him. but sometimes, when he gets angry, he'll fight with the MS but, not grab the toys.... Frown

when i back to my hometown, i'll also bring them back together. i've prepare a play pen for them. they'll only been put in the play pen when i m not at home or got visitors visit to my house. they'll given the chance freely roam in the house most of the time. when time for meal, MS will having his meal in the play pen while ST outside the play pen (in order not to fight for the food) when time for sleep... of coz, they'll keep following into my bedroom. tried before to let them sleep in the living room, but they knock my bedroom's door... in order not to disturb my other family members, i let them into my room lor...

now, it is almost time for me to give birth, just worry if i can let my furkids into the room... i've discuss with some of my friends who have dogs with them also... they told me, actually, dogs can put together with baby. but, the environment need to be very clean. she also put her baby to sleep together with her MS. maybe, the first month during the confinement (the baby born), dont let the dogs to go so near to the baby lor... luckily, my parents... accept my 2 furkids with me even though i pregnant or going to give birth...

Sashan
Enthusiast

Dec 24, 2008, 6:40 AM

Post #9 of 10 (1808 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] Can dogs sleep in the same room with the new born baby??? Advise pls... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
. I somemore remember, my grandparents deworm both of us together. The dog takes drontal, I took zentel liquid. Tongue

That cracked me up!

zephyros
Canine Addict

Jan 5, 2009, 6:18 PM

Post #10 of 10 (1751 views)
Shortcut

i grew up with a german shepard. so i'd say yes, babies and dogs go well together, ON THE ASSUMPTION that the baby has no allergies. I had asthma but i'm still good as my mom did a good job keeping me and my bed area cleaned.

but if u really wanna, try getting some dogs with more human like hair like maltese which usually will not cause allergies. just my 2cents

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my