Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
food?

genxyx
Novice

Oct 24, 2007, 1:18 AM

Post #1 of 8 (1674 views)
Shortcut
food? Can't Post

hi everyone, im a first time owner. i hav a shitzu daughter around 3 months old. just like to check with u guys what do u feed your puppy? mine daughter a little picky. i follow the instruction of the pet shop and mix the biscuit with the canned meat but she will just spit out all the biscuit and only eat the meat. maybe i spoil her too much.Smile they said that canned food is not nutricient enough. so now i giving her steamed chicken and hot dog.

could anyone recommended some recipe that i can feed my daughter

thanks

supermutts
K9 Senior

Oct 24, 2007, 1:32 AM

Post #2 of 8 (1672 views)
Shortcut
Re: [genxyx] food? [In reply to] Can't Post

actually, 3 months is still very young, u should grind d dog food, and mix with milk or other liquid, then maybe ur pup will eat, d kibble is too hard and maybe too large for her, warm up d food nicely, dun serve cold, make it thick like porridge, not like soup.

wht brand of dog food r u feeding?

jz chicken and hot dog, nutritionally looks like its not enuff for a 3 mnth old pup.

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

supermutts
K9 Senior

Oct 24, 2007, 9:49 AM

Post #3 of 8 (1655 views)
Shortcut

forgot to add, u can soak the kibbles, mash it to become gruel, control the consistency by addin more liquid, to be like porridge, and warm it up nicely.

Don't Lost your dogs!!

genxyx
Novice

Oct 24, 2007, 5:20 PM

Post #4 of 8 (1647 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] food? [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for your advise but i tried soaking the kibbles before but she just dont like them soft. she sometime eat the kibbles if she was able to get the kibbles at the right spot in inside her mouth where she can bite it (u knowlah her teeth is not fully developed yet) sometime i just get frustrated and think dont feed her at all until she is really hungry. but then cannot tahan when she look at me sadly and i give her something to eat. then she eat a little and then stop. sometime i think she was trying her authority

supermutts
K9 Senior

Oct 25, 2007, 8:21 AM

Post #5 of 8 (1628 views)
Shortcut

not just soak the kibble n' giv it to him, of cos he won't wana eat it if he is fussy.

have u seen human infant eat the neslac baby food, try to make it like that with the kibble.

the puppy is used to drink milk, so u start with plain milk first, put some milk in a saucer, let it lick until habis,

then u put some soaked kibble, that u have mashed until like nestum, into the milk, mix it nicely n' warm add lil, let him get used to the taste, then slowly add more in each meal,

small puppies can eat many times a day.

this is all i could think of...

i remember when my mutts are pups, i used the grinder to grind kibbles into granules form, then bancuh it like nestum for them....

Don't Lost your dogs!!

(This post was edited by supermutts on Oct 25, 2007, 8:24 AM)

genxyx
Novice

Oct 25, 2007, 4:58 PM

Post #6 of 8 (1613 views)
Shortcut

thanks for your advice. no wonder she pick up all her liking and leave everything else behind. i try it tonite. yesterday also dont wan to eat. say want to her starve but then also cannot tahan and boil a drumstick for her. at least she finish that. my wife say if someday she ask for dragon meat, i might also go and find for her Sly

supermutts
K9 Senior

Oct 25, 2007, 5:53 PM

Post #7 of 8 (1609 views)
Shortcut

for how long she is with you ? few weeks? and since the day you brought her home, you have been feeding her like this?

Don't Lost your dogs!!

genxyx
Novice

Oct 25, 2007, 10:07 PM

Post #8 of 8 (1599 views)
Shortcut

she have been with me around 1 month plus. actually beginning i fed her the soak kibbles. then thought of want to pamper her then buy cesar. after that she start to pick her food. now i think since she is still small, i thought i try to give her proper meal. wich me luck

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my