Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
I REALLY NEED HELP AND ADVICES!

kyels_k
Dog Kichi

Oct 6, 2007, 9:27 AM

Post #1 of 24 (4793 views)
Shortcut
I REALLY NEED HELP AND ADVICES! Can't Post

Look, I know how to housebreak a puppy and I am doing it so. Sometimes my pup will eliminate at her designated area on the newspaper but then whenever I leave her un-supervised especially when I go for classes, she will eliminate other places rather than her "area". It pisses me off even though I have been so patient with her.

Any ways I can curb her from eliminating every single where?!

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring -- it was peace. (Milan Kundera)

(This post was edited by kyels_k on Oct 6, 2007, 9:29 AM)

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 6, 2007, 4:53 PM

Post #2 of 24 (4786 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kyels_k] I REALLY NEED HELP AND ADVICES! [In reply to] Can't Post

Your patient are put to the test This is the most important stage many dog owner can't pass thru and when the pup grow up and ended up in adoption. Just be patient

Your pup only 7 weeks old. It take time about 7-8 month old he will not make a mistake this also depend on your consistant training him.

Good Luck

(This post was edited by chrisong on Oct 6, 2007, 4:54 PM)

kyels_k
Dog Kichi

Oct 6, 2007, 7:00 PM

Post #3 of 24 (4780 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] I REALLY NEED HELP AND ADVICES! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm patient Chris, and I am training her not to eliminate everywhere. It's just that at night when we are sleeping, she'd housebreak somewhere else rather than the designated area. The worst thing is my tiles are very dark blue, so can't really see the pee and stools. So, gotta scan everywhere. LOL.

Hmm ... When will they really stop all these and listen to commands?

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring -- it was peace. (Milan Kundera)

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Oct 7, 2007, 6:32 AM

Post #4 of 24 (4765 views)
Shortcut

hahahahaahah be patient, be consistent.... ur pup 7 weeks only wor... my pup 8 months old already also sometimes will pee/poo at wrong place wor....but rare lah...maybe once a month....... so u can imagine lah...... 6 more months of joyful nightmares.... hahahaahahah Tongue at 8 months, I can safely say he is house-trained but definitely not 90% yet also..... my other dog 18months old, that one I can safely say 100% house-trained..... at 18months old ok.... hahahahaha

But things are harder because u only got 1 dog. When I first had my first dog, berbulan I tak tidur soundly ok. Berbulan i was like an eagle eyeing on him. Hear any weird sound only wake up and start looking. I think easliy for 4months i jaga him like eagle eyeing on a prey....... 4 months of nightmares and paranoia......hahahahaha Sly so 8 months to be close to 90% house-trained consider very good liao lor....and I didnt eye on this second pup like an eagle. So i wasnt consistent with him. I was pretty much relying on the older dog to guide him! Tongue

If u're doing everything correctly, then u just have to be consistent. We can only advice u this much. The rest, time will tell. So till then, GAMBATEH neh! Dont give up. If I can survive 1 year of joyful nightmares, picking poo, absorbing urine and puke, i'm sure u can do it too.....and best of all, I don even lay a finger on a single house chore my whole 24 years of life. Tongue

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

kyels_k
Dog Kichi

Oct 7, 2007, 6:28 PM

Post #5 of 24 (4753 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] I REALLY NEED HELP AND ADVICES! [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't mind picking up feces and wiping urine but I have to go to university in the morning because I travel everyday for around 2 hours. Sounds crazy, I know but I have to since I rely on public transportation. Plus, I am doing my final year now, got a lot of assessments so feeling lethargic everyday won't help.

She's 50% when it comes to elimination but at night, she will do naughty things because she knows no one will catch her. I guess I will have to eye on her. That's the only way. Hopefully when she is a few months older, she'd understand that the paper is for her to housebreak on.

mickey123
Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2007, 1:59 AM

Post #6 of 24 (4547 views)
Shortcut

hi,

why don't you put her in the crate at night? my dog (Billion) is about 11 weeks old.. she'll pee and poo everywhere except the crate and Toilet Crazy we'll put her in the crate at night. At first (she came here when she's 6 weeks old), she'll pee and poo in the crate too.. but, since a few weeks back, she won't do that any more. I found out that she won't poo in the place that she likes. I feed her in the crate, and let her sleep in the crate.. so, she won't do that in the crate.. She'll wait until we come back to let her out.

By the way, I still can't train her to pee and poo at the certain place. I didn't put the newspaper cause she loves to tear newspaper Frown So, I try to train her to do her business in the Toilet.. But, she likes to play water in the toilet.. so, she just don't want to do her business in the toilet. Anyway, now I found out that she likes to go upstairs to poo.. Pirate so, whenever she goes up, I'll get ready with newspaper and a dirty cloth .. when she poo, I'll put the newspaper under her and after that, I clean her and she'll go downstairs ...

The peeing problem still can't predict where she'll pee.. still looking for ways to train her at a certain place.

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Nov 12, 2007, 8:46 PM

Post #7 of 24 (4534 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mickey123] I REALLY NEED HELP AND ADVICES! [In reply to] Can't Post

u're staying in a landed property or apts?

Why don u train her to do it outdoors instead? Let her out once in the morning and evening and maybe at night. If u got someone at home all the time, afternoon also. Everytime she does it outdoor, reward her kau kau. Everytime she does it indoor, catch her in the act, and whack and tell her NO! BAD GIRL! Dont lah get prepared with the newspaper. It gives her the idea that "Ok, I can do it here because they'll clean up after me". Crazy

Same thing for toilet lah. If she plays water, scold her. Tell her NO! If she sleeps in the toilet, take her out. If u crate her, the minute u take her out of the crate, bring straight to toilet and reward her if she does it in there. If not, don reward her. If she is doing it anywhere else, whack.

If she bites newspaper, catch her in the act, get that newspaper and whack. Tell her no. For me, I'll grab them, stuff that newspaper into their mouth and whack. You'll noticed how tight they will close their mouth and wont let u open them. Hahahahaha my younger pup knows he cannot bite papers and yet he still does it when no one is watching. But getting rare liao. He cant stand papers flipping in the wind. Guarantee he will bite. Crazy

Well thats my way of teaching them. Yes I do whack them and they learn very fast what they can do and what they cant. My dogs have become pro in telling at what angle I hold my hand up, they will get a smack and at what angle I hold my hand up, they will get a good rub. Tongue Me holding rolled newspaper guarantee whack. When I go "OOIIIIII", they stop. When I say "HAAAH", they run cos they know they did something wrong and I will go to inspect and if got proof, they sure kena whack liao.

It takes a lot of patience and time to housebreak your dog. I literally eyed on my older dog 24/7 like an eagle for at least a month. Literally watch his every step and motive. I take him out when things dont seem right. Every time he does it outdoor, I reward with treats.

Anyway just be persistent and consistent. It will take time and they will be housebroken soon. That time, no need to lock up in cage. They sendiri know how to go and hide in the cage when you wanna whack them. Wink

Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

mike9my
Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2007, 10:50 PM

Post #8 of 24 (4532 views)
Shortcut

wah lau!!! i thought i was bad whacking my doggie but u more chan yan ah. ha ha ha if my doggie run n hide in cage, me lagi teruk made her stand up instead of hiding under the cushion then whack her, u noe mah her ear pointed towards her tail then stop whacking with newspaper.dun lah use hand afterwards she afraid when u want 2 sayang her.
but your doggie ok lah big breed not like mine small breed onli afraid i use hand she will planting somewhere ke ke ke

mickey123
Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2007, 6:11 AM

Post #9 of 24 (4519 views)
Shortcut

Hi, I'm staying in a landed property in Ipoh. My dad did let her out (house compound) to pee every morning (5 something in the morning) and every evening (when my dad come back from work). I didn't do that because there's lots of leaves around the house, and the breeder told us that there's a 4 months old black labrador died because of eating leaves that're poison to them. Since I don't know what leaves are poison to them, I don't dare to let her out until she's bigger. Besides that I have another older dog outside the house and she's about 11 years old. My older dog (Lady) doesn't like Billion, she'll run away when she sees Billion. But, Billions likes her very much, she'll stick to Lady. Lady will stay under the car, and Billion will go under the car and look for her, just that Lady will bark and show her teeth to Billion. Then, Billion will go away and won't disturb her that time. So, I'm afraid that if I let her out, she might be hurt by Lady and she might eat some poison leaves when I don't notice.

By the way, I'll let her out when she grows older, may be 3 more months... now she's only 11 weeks old, too young..

Actually, I whack her with my hand and sometimes her tower. But, she'll revenge later, not straight after I whack her. Later she'll try to bite me When I whack her, she'll even try harder to bite me back

But, when she did something wrong, and we scold her, (e.g. break something), she'll show her pity face to use, knowing that she's wrong. But, when she bites me and I whack her, she thinks that I'm playing with her, that's why she bites me back later. What can I do?

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 13, 2007, 3:28 PM

Post #10 of 24 (4514 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mike9my] I REALLY NEED HELP AND ADVICES! [In reply to] Can't Post

Where got bad.. I use news paper roll to beat them wan. They so notty and some more i have 15. You haven't seen some cheeky ones trying to catch the newspaper that i'm holding. And if i forget to take the newspaper in then they will take revenge on the paper.. When i remember i can see thousands of pieces only.. haha..

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

mike9my
Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2007, 4:49 PM

Post #11 of 24 (4510 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] I REALLY NEED HELP AND ADVICES! [In reply to] Can't Post

amber is worse lah, if newspaper put on floor n when i walk away, she will tear to pieces n eat it??? at least urs got see the pieces.
u have so many doggies if 1 bising all the rest bising or not, especially makan time, i can just imagine the din they r giving u !!! ha ha

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 13, 2007, 5:26 PM

Post #12 of 24 (4507 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mike9my] I REALLY NEED HELP AND ADVICES! [In reply to] Can't Post

Y dogs are not too noisy except when got cat/strangers walk past lo.. Eating time has to be monitored with the newspaper. They wun bark when it comes to eating time but they will jump a lot. And the afghan hound likes to jump on me asking me to give him special attention.. Very notty boy la he.. Mike i will snap some pictures and will email you ok.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

mike9my
Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2007, 5:33 PM

Post #13 of 24 (4505 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] I REALLY NEED HELP AND ADVICES! [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks, luv 2 see ur doggies

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Nov 13, 2007, 8:59 PM

Post #14 of 24 (4496 views)
Shortcut

hahahahah when she bites u back, grab her mouth, hold it close in a firm grip and say NO......

I know what u mean liao.... last time my dog also like that. So when we whack him and he thinks it play time, so he would bite back. We give him our hands somemore. The minute he bite down, we grab his mouth, hold it tight and never let go. So he struggle like mad lah.....do it a few times and soon enough he learnt not to bite when she is angry. Hahahahaha Tongue

If he jumps, lagi teruk. I will catch all his legs, hold him super tight and hug him kau kau giving him no space to even turn. Then he struggle until tired liao then he will start to call for help. When he stop all nonsense only I let him go.

You can let go on the grass. Put a leash on them so that they dont wander far. Then watch them like an eagle lah. They will pick everything and anything from the ground. So u gotta monitor. 11weeks can already lah....

My dog 8 weeks old already go Yam cha at mamak and hawker centre. Can lah....u just have to monitor them like an eagle lah. Watch their every step and every movement. Tongue

mike: I know ppl say don whack with hands cos scared later they get confuse. Hahaha told you, my dogs can tell when I'm going whack them and when they will get a good belly rub. Aiya nowadays no need to whack so much liao. I just go "WOOOOIIIIIIIIII", they all stop and run to hide. One run, the other will follow. Tongue

goofydip
Veteran

Nov 13, 2007, 9:07 PM

Post #15 of 24 (4493 views)
Shortcut

yayaLaugh...i use the same WOOOOIIIIIII... and Goofy sure gonna lay down and he know he had done something wrong... or he will go and hide...Laugh

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

kyels_k
Dog Kichi

Nov 14, 2007, 12:37 AM

Post #16 of 24 (4473 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] I REALLY NEED HELP AND ADVICES! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey guys, I just read all the stories. Right now Shay is housebreaking properly already. She knows where her favorite places are; around the house so she will only weepoop on the paper beside her pen. I managed to make her do it right when she was around 8 weeks and a half --- with constant hawking and scolding, she finally learned. However, sometimes there could be odd mistakes but very rare. I still pen her at night (she now lives with my parents; for the time being) and from my parents I heard that she is very obedient and the biting has stopped. My dad loves her so much but my mom is stern with her.

Usually when I am home and she starts nibbling at something, I will smack her with a roll of newspaper or Tesco catalogue (cause it's not that heavy). I will hold down her snout and beat her gently (not so hard, not so soft) if she bites my toes or fingers.

I guess perseverance is everything. I nearly went insane training here but the results were awesome. I am totally satisfied. Now, she knows how to sit, stay and sleep. I don't really reward that much though. Only sometimes.

(:

(This post was edited by kyels_k on Nov 14, 2007, 12:39 AM)

mickey123
Enthusiast

Nov 22, 2007, 8:06 PM

Post #17 of 24 (4405 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
hahahahah when she bites u back, grab her mouth, hold it close in a firm grip and say NO......

I know what u mean liao.... last time my dog also like that. So when we whack him and he thinks it play time, so he would bite back. We give him our hands somemore. The minute he bite down, we grab his mouth, hold it tight and never let go. So he struggle like mad lah.....do it a few times and soon enough he learnt not to bite when she is angry. Hahahahaha Tongue

If he jumps, lagi teruk. I will catch all his legs, hold him super tight and hug him kau kau giving him no space to even turn. Then he struggle until tired liao then he will start to call for help. When he stop all nonsense only I let him go.

You can let go on the grass. Put a leash on them so that they dont wander far. Then watch them like an eagle lah. They will pick everything and anything from the ground. So u gotta monitor. 11weeks can already lah....

My dog 8 weeks old already go Yam cha at mamak and hawker centre. Can lah....u just have to monitor them like an eagle lah. Watch their every step and every movement. Tongue

mike: I know ppl say don whack with hands cos scared later they get confuse. Hahaha told you, my dogs can tell when I'm going whack them and when they will get a good belly rub. Aiya nowadays no need to whack so much liao. I just go "WOOOOIIIIIIIIII", they all stop and run to hide. One run, the other will follow. Tongue

ahhahahahah... good idea.. I'll try and see whether it works or not... thanks... I have to find a way to stop this bad behaviour cause now 3 of us (my parents and I)'s hands are all scratches of her teeth.. by the way, she's very intelligent.. one day, when my mom wanted to move her things to the car, she put Billion with me in a room. Then, you know what Billion do?? She jumped and tried to open the door out !!! so, I'm sure that when she grows older, she'll know how to open the door.. Pirate

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Nov 28, 2007, 8:57 PM

Post #18 of 24 (4310 views)
Shortcut

You gotta be stern and don so lembut hati lah. The minute u got the 'kesian' feeling, habis lah....sure habis punya. Kesian also got limit. Sometimes, have to wallop also. Hahahahaha Tongue

U got a LR right? If u wanna grab the mouth, make sure u hold it tight. Dont until he struggle struggle, he can terlepas. Once he terlepas, sure the fella will think it's playtime again. U gotta hold tight but donlah too tight until u can break the fella's bones. Tight enough to create discomfort for the fella. The point is u wana them to feel totally uncomfortable and to some extent I would say feel threaten too. Then they will learn when is play and when is business. Wink

Another method is u have to find out what annoys ur dog. What he totally doesnt like or afraid off if u don wan to use brutal force like mua. My dog Rascal used to hate having water jet-squirt at his face. I don use the spray kind, must be the jet stream like. Whenever I don wan him to do something, squirt squirt squirt. That gets him totally mad. Once he got older, he tak takut liao, so moved on to newspaper. Newspaper still works today cos I rarely use it.

Because he is a medium sized dog, so I wallop lah. Now wallop until he knows how to minimise impact upon collision. Hahahahahahahaha he sees me raising hand to whack, and he cant escape, automatically as the hand inches in closer to his butt, he will automatically lower himself to the ground. That term, my housemate bagi punya. Hahahaha

If got toy breed, please don whack ok! Use newspaper and scare can liao. aiyooo soo fragile, wait whack whack, and u hear a crack pulak. Lagi cialat. Tongue And of cos, if u think u are short tempered, please don use brutal force also. If u can control ur anger/temper well, then I'm sure u know when to stop and how hard to hit. I know some ppl just go mental when they are angry.

mickey123
Enthusiast

Nov 29, 2007, 7:56 AM

Post #19 of 24 (4293 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
You gotta be stern and don so lembut hati lah. The minute u got the 'kesian' feeling, habis lah....sure habis punya. Kesian also got limit. Sometimes, have to wallop also. Hahahahaha Tongue

U got a LR right? If u wanna grab the mouth, make sure u hold it tight. Dont until he struggle struggle, he can terlepas. Once he terlepas, sure the fella will think it's playtime again. U gotta hold tight but donlah too tight until u can break the fella's bones. Tight enough to create discomfort for the fella. The point is u wana them to feel totally uncomfortable and to some extent I would say feel threaten too. Then they will learn when is play and when is business. Wink

Another method is u have to find out what annoys ur dog. What he totally doesnt like or afraid off if u don wan to use brutal force like mua. My dog Rascal used to hate having water jet-squirt at his face. I don use the spray kind, must be the jet stream like. Whenever I don wan him to do something, squirt squirt squirt. That gets him totally mad. Once he got older, he tak takut liao, so moved on to newspaper. Newspaper still works today cos I rarely use it.

Because he is a medium sized dog, so I wallop lah. Now wallop until he knows how to minimise impact upon collision. Hahahahahahahaha he sees me raising hand to whack, and he cant escape, automatically as the hand inches in closer to his butt, he will automatically lower himself to the ground. That term, my housemate bagi punya. Hahahaha

If got toy breed, please don whack ok! Use newspaper and scare can liao. aiyooo soo fragile, wait whack whack, and u hear a crack pulak. Lagi cialat. Tongue And of cos, if u think u are short tempered, please don use brutal force also. If u can control ur anger/temper well, then I'm sure u know when to stop and how hard to hit. I know some ppl just go mental when they are angry.

hi,

I tried your method.. but, she struggled and I "terlepas".. I'll try to grab harder next time.. Pirate

well, she loves water!!! like just now, I went to take a shower, she was blocked outside the toilet.. she barked like hell ...ahhahah.. like scolding me not letting her to play water.. ahhaha.. so, no water jet-squirt for her..

but, now I found out that she'll only going crazy (trying to bite us ) when she got excited !!! we played football with her, after some time, she got too excited, she would run here and there and then suddenly jumped on me and bite !Pirate other time, I can stop her .. but, this unexpected bite, very hard to stop.. I got scratched again Crazy

then, today when I was at the back, she felt so bored and tore the newspaper.. I heard the sound and went out.. she knew I was very angry.. I cleaned up the mess with black face, and rolled up the newspaper.. I planned to whack her if she continued to tear the newspaper.. she ran away and went in the crate.. hahahhaha.. I kept cleaning up the mess, and she only ran near me and went away for 2 times.. She didn't dare to tear again.. hahah.. afrer cleaning up everything, she just slided down (sit and slide down), showed her pitty face.. She could feel my anger I'm sure.. hahaha... She stayed there for quite some time, didn't dare to move.. ahahah.. then, my dad came out from the room, she liked looking for help.. cause I kept staring at her.. hahaha... she didn't dare to move until my dad came.. hahah.. I felt so good at that time.. cause before that, I don't think she scared of me.. Blush

(This post was edited by mickey123 on Nov 29, 2007, 8:01 AM)

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Nov 30, 2007, 12:04 AM

Post #20 of 24 (4266 views)
Shortcut

hahaha...if u caught her red handed, that was ur golden opportunity to correct her liao. No point correcting them when it's already done and they left u a mess which u discovered 1hr later. That's why experts say lah. I still catch the culprit and bring the fella to crime scene and whack. My dogs dont have short term memory. They might forget if they dont see their evidence. Once they see it, the one who did it will run for cover. That's the one i grab and whack. Haha Tongue

If she gets a bit too rough only when she gets too excited, then dont get her too excited. Teach her to control her excitement. When she gets too excited, tell her NO. Ignore her, turn away, let her gila by herself. They'll learn soon enough that it is not fun playing alone. Hahahahahaha Tongue

Slowly, with time, she'll learn all ur family's do's and dont's liao lah. For now, u guys just need to be consistent. It's a tiring job. Not denying that. But once ur 1st dog is totally housebroken, when u do take in the 2nd dog, it will be easier liao. But make sure u're 99% satisfied with ur current dog's discipline first. If not, headache times two when u bring in the second one. Dah lah first dog separuh masak, u go and take another one langsung tak masak. Si lorr...... Crazy

mickey123
Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2007, 6:33 AM

Post #21 of 24 (4253 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
hahaha...if u caught her red handed, that was ur golden opportunity to correct her liao. No point correcting them when it's already done and they left u a mess which u discovered 1hr later. That's why experts say lah. I still catch the culprit and bring the fella to crime scene and whack. My dogs dont have short term memory. They might forget if they dont see their evidence. Once they see it, the one who did it will run for cover. That's the one i grab and whack. Haha Tongue

If she gets a bit too rough only when she gets too excited, then dont get her too excited. Teach her to control her excitement. When she gets too excited, tell her NO. Ignore her, turn away, let her gila by herself. They'll learn soon enough that it is not fun playing alone. Hahahahahaha Tongue

Slowly, with time, she'll learn all ur family's do's and dont's liao lah. For now, u guys just need to be consistent. It's a tiring job. Not denying that. But once ur 1st dog is totally housebroken, when u do take in the 2nd dog, it will be easier liao. But make sure u're 99% satisfied with ur current dog's discipline first. If not, headache times two when u bring in the second one. Dah lah first dog separuh masak, u go and take another one langsung tak masak. Si lorr...... Crazy

hi,

I think like you say, she learn all my family's do's and don'ts now.. and starts to behave these 2 days.. like last night, when it's time for us to go to bed, I asked her to go in the crate, she just walked in without any question.. hahaha.. cause before that, she would try to sit far away from the crate, and wait for us to grab her in.. and when we want to go out to buy things, we will let her go in the crate too.. and when she sees us changing our clothes and getting car keys, she'll go in the crate when we ask her to... we are so happy to find this .. ahahha.. cause before that, it's a very hard time to get her in.. now, very easy.. she's quite understanding.. hahahaha...Laugh

then, just now when I was ironing my clothes, she just sat there, looked bored.. and did nothing.. she's very good girl today.. :) but, when she saw my pants / skirts hanging there, she'll try to grab them down.. so, before she did that, I said "hey" to her.. and she just stopped.. so behave today !!! what we think is that she's already 14 weeks old, and has grown up a bit.. so, know what can do and what cannot do.. now, she'll just do the "don't's" things to get attention.. and sometimes, she's naughty.. like she couldn't stand my mom lying on the sofa.. if my mom lies there, she'll just jump on the sofa and kiss her.. hahaha... and my mom hates that.. hahaha.. so, she'll scream and say no to her.. ahahha.. and know what she did today?? when my mom lied down on the sofa, reading story book.. she was playing her toy near me (I'm at in the room), then suddenly she ran out and jumped on my mom.. hahaha... after jumping on her, she just ran away, knowing that my mom would scold her.. hahaha... so naughty.. Laugh

but, I found out that she's very cute.. when I took out the camera that day, I said "sit, I want to take photo".. she just sat there nicely and slided down later.. let me take photo.. so cute.. hahaha...

well, yeah.. we're planning to get another dog when this one grow up.. not so soon.. cause one puppy is already driven us crazy.. ahhaha.. if get another one at the same time, we'll have to go for phyco session already.. kkakaka..

niq
Novice

Jan 15, 2008, 5:58 PM

Post #22 of 24 (3857 views)
Shortcut

Hi all,

I've a 4 1/2 month old min. schauzer. Managed to train her to pee and poo outside in the balcony (i stay in a condo) and she was doing fine until recently. My hubby and I were on leave during the Christmas break and now that we are back at work, everything we go out to go to work etc, she would wee or poo at least once in the condo and not outside in the balcony. But when we are home she knows exactly where to go to wee and poo.

My hubby always scold her and whack her too when we come back and find wee or po in the condo... but she does not seem to want to change. This has been going on for 2 1/2 weeks now and we don't know what to do. Cause her wee tends to flow along the groove of the tiles in the condo, we end up having to mop the whole condo living room every day.

Please advise.

Rgds,

niq

rodlooi
New User

Jan 30, 2008, 12:26 AM

Post #23 of 24 (3568 views)
Shortcut
Re: [niq] I REALLY NEED HELP AND ADVICES! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi

You seemed to have the same problem like the min. schauzer that my sister has. She is closed to 5 years now and one of the most well behaved companion I have seen. BUT, she will consistently leave one pee and one poo in the house when she goes to work or when she goes out without her. We have come to accept that as a sign of rebellion from her and no amount of scolding or whacking have managed to change that. Otherwise, she is fine. And when shee peed, she likes to do it on floor mats or rugs and she would wrapped them up, somehow, to hide the deed.

I just got a toy poodle which is 6 months old. Have the same problem of her peeing and pooing every where when she came back when she was 4 months old. Tried to train her to pee and poo in the toilet and she would only do it when I'm inside watching over her and waiting for her to get her business done (sometimes, up to 25 minutes). If I leave her there alone, she would happily sleep. She doesn't pee or poo in her crate after a month which is good. So, when I goes to work, we will put her in her crate and let her out when we come back. Recently, since she is larger, we have allowed her to roam the car porch and she is now starting to pee and poo outside though `accidents' still happen especially her pee. But at least it's an improvement. For the last one month, she is sleeping with us on the bed and she has somehow learnt that that will be her bed too. So, no pee and poo the whole night long but she will definitely wakes up at 7 to 7:30am in the morning and gives us a good lick on our face to wake us up to bring her out for her morning pee and poo. It's a joy to have her but it's a nightmare cleaning up (especially after a frustrating day in the office). They are little angels. I guess patience is all that is needed.

shapeshifter

Jan 30, 2008, 6:06 AM

Post #24 of 24 (3555 views)
Shortcut

I'll be honest with you:

The last time I had to properly toilet train my dog was 14 years ago.

When she was a tiny lil pup of 8 weeks old.

Now, the other 2 dogs I have?

Guess who toilet trained them for me?

MY OLD DOG.

Ofcourse the toilet training including a wee bit of smacking n showing them where to go pee & such.

But my old dog saved me a whole heap of trouble.

It was kinda cute & funny watching her scold the other 2 from doing the stuff in the wrong places.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my