Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
MS with fungal/ringworm infection

pico
Novice

Oct 4, 2007, 7:27 PM

Post #1 of 4 (4431 views)
Shortcut
MS with fungal/ringworm infection Can't Post

help! :( my MS got some fungal/ringworm infection. the skin dried out so I brought her to the vet and the vet removes/shave the fur, so that it can heal faster. Now my ms is on medication. hopefully she will recover soon...

can I ask normally for fungal/ringworm infection, how long it takes to heal? it's been 3 days...Frown

and now the vet gave antibiotics and vit C supplement ... what else I can do please advise... thank u very much

eddielim
Novice

Oct 12, 2007, 12:56 AM

Post #2 of 4 (4332 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pico] MS with fungal/ringworm infection [In reply to] Can't Post

My 2 MS also face the problems..... any pros out there can advise??

CEDRICSIN
Novice

Oct 13, 2007, 10:18 PM

Post #3 of 4 (4304 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eddielim] MS with fungal/ringworm infection [In reply to] Can't Post

at least 1 month gua if its on the right medications, u can ask for antifungal cream (if only small area involved) or antifungal shampoo (if big area) which sort of help to hasten the healing process........ask ur vet opinion lah if u do have any doubt

barbie
Novice

Jun 16, 2008, 9:11 PM

Post #4 of 4 (3585 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pico] MS with fungal/ringworm infection [In reply to] Can't Post

Keep your ms in puppy-cut or shaved-down coat to speed up in healing the infected skin. Fungus are breedable everywhere in hot-humid weather like Malaysia, and a dog's immune system decides whether it will be prone to fungal infection. Do complete the anti-biotic prescription in order to boost up ms's immune system, and do not feed ms with any food with chicken and mutton ingredients they are prohibited food for sensitive/infected skin type.

Hope this information helps, and wishing a speedy recovery for ms. =)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my