IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Show and Championship:
NADAC 3 day Agility Trial

milooh

May 27, 2003, 6:23 PM

Post #1 of 8 (1493 views)
Shortcut
NADAC 3 day Agility Trial Can't Post

Hi Arthur and all members. I copied and pasted this message from Jef's post on the lab board with some modifications:

Here are our final results from the Mega-Dogs trial. 17 runs for each dog.

Milo... Placed first in 15 runs and second in 2 runs 10 qualifying runs 4 new titles (Novice Agility Jumpers, Novice Tunnelers, Open Agility Certificate, Open Gamblers Certificate)

IRiS.... Placed first in 10 runs, second in 2, third in 1, 4th in 2 and 2 she didn't place 13 qualifying runs 3 new titles in her first trial (Novice Jumpers, Novice Agility Certificate, Novice Gamblers Certificate) 5 for 5 in Standard runs More points in the gamblers opening (51) than any dog in all classes except Blaze and Mary Gutenecht (52).

The biggest highlight was when Milo got his Novice Jumpers title this morning. Apparently everyone watching was told that Milo was going to get his Jumpers title and when Milo and Jef were finished, they all cheered really loud like it was a NATCH. I guess they deserved the applause since we went 16 months in between Novice Jumpers Q's.

The Lowlights were when I played fetch with Gael and she ran off to visit a tunnelers run. Jef was right there and he heard someone say whose dog is this in the ring and he turned and it was Gael Staring down Xena as she was about to start her tunnelers run. Also During Milo's tunnelers run Jef was leading out and backing up and he fell backwards over a tunnel. Milo held his stay just fine as everyone laughed hysterically and then Milo took first place in tunnelers. Everybody told me that Jef must not edit the video. Laugh

One other funny thing was that the judges asked that Milo always go last so they don't have to rebuild the course every time he runs. So Milo and IRiS might have a chance to go to Nationals depending how they do in the other NADAC trials. So how was everybody's weekend?

Milooh
Rossie
www.jef-b.com/Dogs

(This post was edited by milooh on May 27, 2003, 6:31 PM)

arthur
ALPHA

May 27, 2003, 6:43 PM

Post #2 of 8 (1485 views)
Shortcut
Re: [milooh] NADAC 3 day Agility Trial [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Milo!

Seems like you guys had a fantastic weekend. Congrats to Jef and Milo, Iris for a super performance. Way to go guys.. It'll be great if you guys can make it all the way to the nationals!

How many entries were there? Did you guys have to beat off the Bordie Collies challenges? With the titles, are there ribbons to go along with it? Any chance we can get to see the unedited video at Jef's website?

Rdgs Arthur

milooh

May 27, 2003, 6:47 PM

Post #3 of 8 (1484 views)
Shortcut

Arthur, you are right. At the trial, there was a barbecue for the volunteers and the rest had to pay for lunch. On Saturday, we had burgers (garden, turkey and regular beef) and hot dogs. There was pasta salad and fried chicken on Saturday and back to burgers again on monday. This is the first trial that we have gone to that served burgers. I guess the trial was held at one of the club member's own backyard, 1 1/2 acres of it. Lots of grass to play on, on saturday and sun, some of the runs were on sand. Plenty of soft drinks, doughnuts, bagels and croissants for everyone. Sly

Milooh
Rossie
www.jef-b.com/Dogs

milooh

May 27, 2003, 6:52 PM

Post #4 of 8 (1483 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] NADAC 3 day Agility Trial [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Arthur, the trial was limited to 380 runs per day, so take that number X 3 days. He is going to edit it when he posts it on the website but I could probably send you the unedited version Wink. Its going to be huge though.

milooh
Rossie
www.jef-b.com/Dogs

milooh

May 27, 2003, 7:05 PM

Post #5 of 8 (1478 views)
Shortcut

Hi Arthur, the video of Jef falling backwards over the tunnel is under video, misc. Cool

Milooh
Rossie
www.jef-b.com/Dogs

(This post was edited by milooh on May 27, 2003, 7:26 PM)

milooh

May 28, 2003, 8:25 PM

Post #6 of 8 (1460 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] NADAC 3 day Agility Trial [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Arthur, yes, Milo beat some of the border collies when he placed first in some of the classes. There are placement ribbons even if you dont qualify but it depends on the number of entries for each height division. Milo still placed first even when he didnt qualify because he was the only dog jumping in 24". Sly Of course, he didnt get a qualifying ribbon because of a knocked bar or due to some other reasons.

Anyway, I welcome feedback and questions from all members who are interested in agility trials. Smile

Milooh
Rossie
www.jef-b.com/Dogs

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 10, 2003, 7:39 PM

Post #7 of 8 (1374 views)
Shortcut

are there any non-pedigree dog take part in the agility trials?

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

milooh

Nov 11, 2003, 3:18 PM

Post #8 of 8 (1360 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] NADAC 3 day Agility Trial [In reply to] Can't Post

Dog of all breeds and mixed breeds are allowed to compete in NADAC trials.

Rossie
Rossie
www.jef-b.com/Dogs

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my