IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
how to train 2 yrs old pug???

JustineBiBi

Sep 29, 2007, 12:07 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1252 views)
Shortcut
how to train 2 yrs old pug??? Can't Post

my friend is going to give up his pug, 2 yrs old. but i m not sure whether the pug is toilet/ newpaper train.... how to toilet/ newspaper train him in the 1st place?

currently, i got 2 dogs with me, 1 shih tzu (2 yrs 10 mths), 1 m.schnauzer (1 yr 10 mths). they are newspaper trained. sometimes, will also missed!!! now, i plan to use pee tray or wee wee pad for them as it looks more hygien n not wetting their feet after peeing...

Lady Eloise
Dog Kichi

Oct 1, 2007, 5:54 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1237 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JustineBiBi] how to train 2 yrs old pug??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Aiyah,

2 years still no proper potty training meh?

Right after his meals (morning or evening), confine your new dog in a small area for 10-15 minutes with with a newspaper inside the area. Crate is good for that. Say 'go potty' and wait till he does his business. It takes time but he has to learn to do his potty training 1st. After he goes potty, reward him with a treat then release him. Dont expect him to be precise for the 1st few times. Be persistent and eventually he will learn the way to do his business the way you like it.
Dog behaviorist.

JustineBiBi

Oct 1, 2007, 6:32 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1236 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lady Eloise] how to train 2 yrs old pug??? [In reply to] Can't Post

i did not meet the pug before as the owner is my cousin's friend. so, not sure whether he is well trained for his toilet train. heard from the pet groomer, pug is a bit hard to keep and take care... pug will easily has skin problem and will be smelly... is it true?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my