Hiking and climbing

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

May 27, 2003, 4:36 PM

Post #1 of 16 (3648 views)
Shortcut
Hiking and climbing Can't Post

Hi guys,

CoolI am bringing odie for a trip of hiking and cimbing soon..summer is finally here!! I hope this helps his weight a little bit...he's still overweight and I hate the sight of his butt swinging to the left and right when he walks...god...

I'm into long trips...hiking and climbing definitely my pick...I hope odie loves it too..he's never been to one...last year during summer, we brought him to a hill for a short walk or hike..he was offleash..and the next day we found out that he sprained his leg (according to vet)..maybe he was too busy sniffing around..and that's why he din see the obstacles or whatever...

what you guys gonna do for this coming summer? I know Malaysia is SUMMER whole year long...but I do noe that some of the ones studying get a three month break if I'm not mistaken...planning on some trips maybe?with or without your doggie?or going for hunting?what about the "working group"?

hope to hear from you guys soon...Smile
Meme

odie moves MY world!

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

May 28, 2003, 1:20 AM

Post #2 of 16 (3638 views)
Shortcut
Re: [strawhoney] Hiking and climbing [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

fun la, fun la. get to go hikin' with ur pal. did u get him those cool looking doggie hikin' bags to fill up his food and water? i really like those la..

well, other than that, i have nothing to add. still a looooong way to go before semester break starts :| anyway, even if there is any hols, i can't quite think of anything fun to do with my dog other than takin' him for regular walks. in malaysia, it's not quite possible to take a dog for climbing and hiking...and hunting either.

regards,
hunter

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

May 28, 2003, 1:55 PM

Post #3 of 16 (3633 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Hiking and climbing [In reply to] Can't Post

hi hunter,

Yup, I am planning to get one for him..initially my bf and I wanted to get him one for his b'day but thinking that it's not appropriate to give him at that time...and since summer is about to arrive, I think I better get one for him now...Cool It's kind of pricey for his mama...heheheLaugh but anyways....it's my baby...dun care...kekekekeke...

yesterday I went to fisherman's wharf...and I saw this bichon..darn cute man!!hehe...i din dare to get closer cuz I might just snatch him away from his mama...hehehe....how pathetic!!Tongue

yeah,ppl are thronging the malls and leisure parks...cuz the weather is beautiful..and maybe more and more ppl got laid off recently...kekekeTongueahhh...life..now you are CEO of such such company,next you are just like any other person...unemployed...the economy is really bad...grrrr

ciao..
Meme

odie moves MY world!

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

May 28, 2003, 10:29 PM

Post #4 of 16 (3627 views)
Shortcut

hello

waa.. good le. as i said, they're really cool hikin' bags. how much does it cost there? i haven't seen one in malaysia before.

indeed - it's a bad, bad economy now. but hey, it also means you're free to have some fun and relax a little while. take a piece out of life. well, enjoy ur hiking + climbing trip (and hopefully your boy will shed of a couple of pounds after the experience ! :P)

boon
Doggyman

May 29, 2003, 6:30 AM

Post #5 of 16 (3625 views)
Shortcut

Hi Meme,

how much is that hiking bag cost ?

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

May 29, 2003, 10:38 PM

Post #6 of 16 (3617 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Hiking and climbing [In reply to] Can't Post

Hihi Boon,

The more reliable brandname is by mountainsmith..its dog packs come in several different sizes...for odie,he's size 111 (that means size 3) cuz he's over 65lbs...i think for your kiddo, it's the same size cuz yours is a lab right?Smile

hope that helps... ahh...the price...it's about 80 bucks for that size...

tata
Meme

odie moves MY world!

(This post was edited by strawhoney on May 29, 2003, 10:39 PM)

boon
Doggyman

May 30, 2003, 6:22 AM

Post #7 of 16 (3611 views)
Shortcut

Hi meme,

thanz for the info.

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

xyne
Doggyman

Jul 28, 2003, 9:21 PM

Post #8 of 16 (3574 views)
Shortcut

wahh.. 80 USD?? but it'll be soo cute larr.. how much stuff can they take? I'd like to get something for my dogs too.. let them carry their own stuff.. hahaaaa..... do they have cheaper brands???

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jul 30, 2003, 3:52 PM

Post #9 of 16 (3567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xyne] Hiking and climbing [In reply to] Can't Post

yes it's a little bit expensive but isn't it great..to have your baby carrying all the stuff..it's realli cute..they can carry their own water bottles and their toys too...usually it's for hiking and climbing..

as for other brands,i think yes...but this brand is the best lor...to me at least...it has pretty good compartments and it's not very huge...so your dog won't walk clumsily with the baggage and all...the design is quite kewl too...Smile
Meme

odie moves MY world!

boon
Doggyman

Jul 30, 2003, 5:58 PM

Post #10 of 16 (3562 views)
Shortcut

Hahahah,

Dr meme, do u think u can show us the pic and may be the link as well ?

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jul 31, 2003, 10:23 AM

Post #11 of 16 (3545 views)
Shortcut

oh sure sure...some of these bags with different brand names

http://www.greatoutdoorsdepot.com/canine-packs.html

I would say it's not too expensive...check it out!

i found it online...so you guys can also do a google search "dog packs"

have doggie fun!!Cool
Meme

odie moves MY world!

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jul 31, 2003, 10:32 AM

Post #12 of 16 (3544 views)
Shortcut

and another one which is more complete..

http://www.kyjen.com/pettravelgear/

Wink
Meme

odie moves MY world!

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 31, 2003, 11:22 AM

Post #13 of 16 (3543 views)
Shortcut

I saw a few design of the dogpacks in Discovery Store in shopping mall that similar to those showing in the website you linked. Nice and useful.

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

boon
Doggyman

Jul 31, 2003, 4:29 PM

Post #14 of 16 (3540 views)
Shortcut

Hi Dr Meme,

thanz for the links and info. any more goldie's pics to share with ?

xyne
Doggyman

Aug 1, 2003, 12:39 AM

Post #15 of 16 (3533 views)
Shortcut

hi amy...

wahh.. vely nice larrrrr.... i am thinking of getting one for my GR..

i made one for my MS though.. so cute ....
much cheaper la... if not sure i pokai....

Wink

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Aug 7, 2003, 6:12 PM

Post #16 of 16 (3518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xyne] Hiking and climbing [In reply to] Can't Post

kaka..i can help you guys find..if there's a place on sale,let you guys know..kay?so that it won't cause you an arm or leg...

making one yourself huh?wah..so ging la...hehe...two thumbs up!
Meme

odie moves MY world!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my