Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
po wiv blood!!

laikh79
Novice

Sep 26, 2007, 12:38 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1526 views)
Shortcut
po wiv blood!! Can't Post

I'm new here and i have a 6 weeks old puppy (golden retriever). Last night when i coming back from work, i found out got some blood in his poo. Maybe it eat too much of dog food. Somemore, it don't like to drink water even i feed it with a bowl. So, can somebody tell me what should i do and what else should i feed it?

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Sep 26, 2007, 1:08 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1523 views)
Shortcut
Re: [laikh79] po wiv blood!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe you need to deworm the pup. Blood in stool is very likely time for you to deworm cause the worms can be passed on thru their mothers thru milk. Consult your vet for a dosage of deworming.

laikh79
Novice

Sep 26, 2007, 1:41 AM

Post #3 of 7 (1520 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dowk2301] po wiv blood!! [In reply to] Can't Post

thank you from you advice. I got an idea, can i feed him to drink glucose water? it's good for people, maybe it good for puppy too...

laikh79
Novice

Sep 26, 2007, 1:44 AM

Post #4 of 7 (1520 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dowk2301] po wiv blood!! [In reply to] Can't Post

thank you from you advice. I got an idea, can i feed him to drink glucose water? it's good for people, maybe it good for puppy too...

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Sep 26, 2007, 5:01 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1513 views)
Shortcut

Yes, you can but try not to make it habit for them. Actually, we do feed glucost water to dogs who suffer from hypoglycemia. This is a symptom where the blood sugar in a dog drops to very low. This is mostly prevalent in toys breeds like Chi, Min Pin and the sort. The signs of hypoglycemia is unbalance body where the pup seesm wobbly, lifeless and fainting and this can lead to fits and probable death. But I think your dog is not suffering from that. My pup at one time also poo with blood and was advised by my vet to deworm. Once I did that, oh my, a long hookworm was passed out when my pup poo. Watch for that if you deworm your pup. Please do not give an overdose of the deworm. Since your pup is still young, maybe you should give the liquid deworming instead of the pill form.

chrisong
Doggyman

Sep 29, 2007, 8:57 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1474 views)
Shortcut

Where you get a 6 weeks old pup from? Who is this irresponsible GR breeder???

The pup shouldn't leave his mother so young!!!

Please bring the pup to a vet. Pup at such a young age got blood in poo it can be alot of thing. ASAP!!!

sirwin81
Enthusiast

Oct 6, 2007, 4:33 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1433 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] po wiv blood!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Agree with bro Chrisong. The pup should not leave the bitch at such a young age. earliest is 7 - 8 weeks.

Anyway my dog had blood in his stool 2 last week. i took him to the vet n the vet confirmed that it is due to the worms in the stomach. gave me some deworming medicine and ever since took the medicine there is no more blood.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my