Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
Advice required to toilet train 2 yrs old Beagle

fyne
New User

Sep 25, 2007, 1:01 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1250 views)
Shortcut
Advice required to toilet train 2 yrs old Beagle Can't Post

My friend gave me a 2 yrs old Beagle and i have tried training him since the day he move it. It have about 3 months and he still pee and poo everywhere. He will never POO or PEE (just does marking) when i walk him around my housing area. Even after standing in a location for more than 30 min, he still refuse to pee or poo. His favourite spots is my porch pillars and our car wheel. Today itself, after the maid let the door open, he run up to my sister's room and pee + poo every where (even on the bed)

Please tell me how i can make him pee and poo when i walk him outdoor ? Else i will have to end up giving him away cause my mom can no longer tolerate with all the cleanning.

J-J
Dog Kichi

Sep 28, 2007, 12:03 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1236 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fyne] Advice required to toilet train 2 yrs old Beagle [In reply to] Can't Post

hi fyne. i'm not, by any measure, an expert on toilet training dogs. my maltese have just recently 'got it', after 4 months of 'hard labour' cleaning up his mistakes. haha. and, my maltese is a fully indoors dog, so i hv no 1st hand experience with outdoor toilet training.

but from what i've read. outdoor shld generally be easier than indoor. UNLESS, your beagle has formed a habit going indoors for the past two years of his life with his previous owner. how was he trained previously? perhaps you could work around what the dog has already learnt, for example, if the previous owner taught it to pee in the bathroom, perhaps you could keep him in your bathroom and not let him out until he has peed to make it a habit in his new place - your home. otherwise, the other often mentioned method is crate training. you could google this and a dozen detailed explanation would pop up on d net. all da best! Smile

fyne
New User

Sep 29, 2007, 10:24 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1220 views)
Shortcut
Re: [J-J] Advice required to toilet train 2 yrs old Beagle [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the great advice. The previous owner told me that he did his pee and poo in his cage and all the while he is outdoor. Well cleaning the poo is still toleratable but the pee is really pissing my mom (whom will be the one cleaning it when i am away to work). I really don't wanna put cage him, feel sorry to do so but if things still doesn't change maybe i should really introduce the cage as his outdoor toilet as how the previous owner did. Finger cross hopes things will get better :)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my