Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Fleas from outside my house..HELP!

yoko_zimi
Dog Kichi

Sep 24, 2007, 11:36 PM

Post #1 of 8 (2784 views)
Shortcut
Fleas from outside my house..HELP! Can't Post

Curently im moving house, and my 4 yrs old shit tzu is free from fleas all these while. And i notice there are few dog wandering the new house taman there, and my neighbour also have a puppy, they leave the puppy stay outside of the house.

Before i bring my bear bear to the new house, we found some fleas at the wall btw my house & my neighbour, and we cought few inside my house... Mad

Is there anyway i can prevent the fleas come into my house? else my bear bear will surely suffer from that. Is there any spray to spray outside my door or wat?

Pls help.

supermutts
K9 Senior

Sep 25, 2007, 7:24 AM

Post #2 of 8 (2772 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yoko_zimi] Fleas from outside my house..HELP! [In reply to] Can't Post

is it a flea or tick? fleas jump, is small, usually they are on cats, rarely on dogs, and it is very difficult to catch cos they are fast n' small.

u can try the eucalyptus method, as explain in the other thread. spray it all over your house.

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

yoko_zimi
Dog Kichi

Sep 25, 2007, 7:30 AM

Post #3 of 8 (2770 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] Fleas from outside my house..HELP! [In reply to] Can't Post

i think it's tick .. hee .. so what mean by eucalyptus method? from which thread i can read it ??? thanks

supermutts
K9 Senior

Sep 25, 2007, 5:22 PM

Post #4 of 8 (2762 views)
Shortcut

read the entire thread, you will find the suggestion midway....

http://www.puppy.com.my/...;;page=unread#unread

Don't Lost your dogs!!

(This post was edited by supermutts on Sep 25, 2007, 5:24 PM)

kien29
Enthusiast

Sep 25, 2007, 7:48 PM

Post #5 of 8 (2750 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] Fleas from outside my house..HELP! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Supermutts.. long time no 'talk'... hope u r doing great!.. oh yes.. i am very much interested on your suggestion on using eucalyptus oil... my dogs got no flea nor tick.. but just to make sure they dun get any and as a prevention.. i think i should do your method..

however, one question.. is it dangerous if my dogs consume it?.. from your explaination.. seem like nothing to worry about.. anyway, just making sure.. hehehe.. Frown...

** kien **

Frown Welcome to Rossi's blog Frown

supermutts
K9 Senior

Sep 25, 2007, 11:36 PM

Post #6 of 8 (2737 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kien29] Fleas from outside my house..HELP! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi kien, e'thing is well,
how is ur rossi? wht diet is he on now? i will go check out his blog..

that suggestion is not by me, haha..

i have mentioned that it is by a member " Gus gus "

it was posted in the local vet forum.

i've seen a gus gus here, but not sure if it is the same person,

so if you wana ask more questions regarding this, u can try to post it in the vet forum. i think gus gus is stil active there.

meanwhile, we can just search for any report , whether eucalyptus is toxic to dogs..

but i think if u spray it on the walls and floor, and let it dry for a few hours, before letting your dog out, it should be ok .

don't think the dog will go lick the floor and walls. since it smells funny.

i have not tried the method yet as, my place is also tick free at the moment...

ok, a search reveals that eucalyptus oil is very toxic. should not be ingested and should be kept away from children....

so , don't sapu the thing on dogs or animals haha...just to be safe...

use to spray outside, the corners along the walls n' let it dry complete...

Don't Lost your dogs!!

(This post was edited by supermutts on Sep 25, 2007, 11:55 PM)

AB
New User

Feb 24, 2008, 2:15 AM

Post #7 of 8 (2379 views)
Shortcut

Hi Yoko,

I'm also having the same prob as u. I just moved into my new house n there r lots of stray dogs and neighbourhood dogs ard my area. B4 i bring my 5 yrs old shih tzu back, I also found ticks inside my house....So what i did was to put front line spot-on on her body to make sure she's protected..but then hor...those horrible creatures have invaded my new house i guess and i do find a few tiny ones n some big ones on my shih tzu's body n on the floor of my house almost everyday....most were dead if they attacked my shih tzu...But this did not cure the prob...I still find new ticks everyday on her body as i do not know where these creatures came from...I'm so sad...

I just engaged Rentokil (pest control) to come n do treatment yesterday and i left the house overnight being closed-up...This morning when i got home, i found 6 horrible ticks on d floor...1 or 2 were still alive as their legs were still moving...so i kept all of them in a close up box and put outside under the sun while i check on other areas....When i came back to check on the box, all those creatures were walking inside d box...they were trying to crawl out from d box as the weather is too hot i guess.....So basically even the pest control's mist spray can't kill them..... .......

I'm so worried right now...I call them up n they said they'll come to spray d mist for the second time...I was thinking if the first time didn't work, will d second time work?

So have your problem solved Yoko? Mind to share with me how u get rid of those creatures?

I did try the eucalptus oil just to mop d floor but i dun think it works for my case...PLs help....

In Reply To
Curently im moving house, and my 4 yrs old shit tzu is free from fleas all these while. And i notice there are few dog wandering the new house taman there, and my neighbour also have a puppy, they leave the puppy stay outside of the house.

Before i bring my bear bear to the new house, we found some fleas at the wall btw my house & my neighbour, and we cought few inside my house... Mad

Is there anyway i can prevent the fleas come into my house? else my bear bear will surely suffer from that. Is there any spray to spray outside my door or wat?

Pls help.

mickey123
Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2008, 7:43 AM

Post #8 of 8 (2346 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AB] Fleas from outside my house..HELP! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

have you tried "Anistrike" (less than RM50 -- can't remember the exact price) or "Anidest" (RM 25) before? you can find both in Jusco pet section. It works for my dogs..

well, before I got my lab (last oct) my senior mongrel had serious problem on flea and tick and the surrounding of my house.. We caught the flea and tick daily for her, but still couldn't get rid of them.. then, after my lab came in, for sure there'll be flea and tick on her too.. we were so worried until my neighbour told us that after she sprayed the Anidest on her furkid, no more flea and tick on him.. So, we bought and tried (spray on my furkid's sleeping area and crate).. and it really true that the flea and tick just went disappear slowly.. now, barely see any flea and ticks on my furkid.. can't find any from my lab ! so, you can try any the insecticide and see whether it works for you or not.. hope that it works for you.. good luck..

(This post was edited by mickey123 on Feb 25, 2008, 7:44 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my