Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
need some tips and help

bearltg
New User

Sep 21, 2007, 10:47 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1778 views)
Shortcut
need some tips and help Can't Post

I just bought a mini yorkie terrier who 2 and 1/2 month old been trying to train it as much as possible but it hasn't work out that great. I bought the wee pads and she thinks its a bed she lays in it and drags it like it was a blanket. just wondering if you guys have any tips at all that I could use. I'm so tired of cleaning her after her self all over my house. any ideas would be great.

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Sep 21, 2007, 7:17 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1763 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bearltg] need some tips and help [In reply to] Can't Post

2.5 month is still very, very young. You have to be more patient with the pup. When you take her to the wee pad, don't stay too long. Max - give it 5 mins. If the pup don't wee, take her away. Try bringing her back again 15 mins later. Sooner or later, you will find the right timing of your new pup's wee and poo. Be patient and I know how you feel cause I went thru it too. The bladder for the pup is not fully develop and they tend to go every hour - that is your clue. Every hour ...... bring the pup to the wee pad and leave max for 5 mins. Bring her back again if she doesn't do it then. Be consistent. The new pup will lie down cause it is bored and since there is no wee, the pup must be thinking why you make her/him stand there. so, the pup will play with the pad instead.

Also, when you bring the pup to the wee pad, don't play with it. Give firm commands like "poo" or "pee" and stand firm. Let the pup know that it is time for her/him to do their business and not play time. do not confuse the pup. don't keep talking - just give the command.

hope this helps. forget about buying the wee drop to lure the pup cause most of the time it won't work. just be patient and be consistent. the pup will learn. please remember - the pup is only 2.5 months old and you have many more years to go.

bearltg
New User

Sep 22, 2007, 2:37 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1755 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dowk2301] need some tips and help [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks I'll try to follow what you said. also do you no what a good age to start teaching her tricks.

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Sep 22, 2007, 4:17 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1751 views)
Shortcut

Now ....... our furkids absorbs best in training between 2 month - 7 months. They are like sponge now taking in all the training. the earlier you start, the better and easier it is to train. So, don't delay. they will learn but you need to be patient and pesevere.

Lady Eloise
Dog Kichi

Sep 24, 2007, 6:27 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1728 views)
Shortcut

Teach her not only tricks but discipline too. Before 6 months of age, your pup must know basic commands. Come, Sit, Say, Play, Quiet and Go Potty!
Get yourself a book at the shop. Train her follow what books says now because it is easy to train your pup than older dog.
Make sure before training, give give exercise then after train him with a lot of small treats. She will listen to you well and easy to teach your dog that way.
Dog behaviorist.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my