my_carven
New User

Sep 20, 2007, 12:02 AM

Post #1 of 2 (986 views)
Shortcut
Is Shih Tzu suitable for me?? Can't Post

Dear all,

Pls allow me to introduce myself Wink.

I am married with 2 kids... my wife is dog lover... very dedicated and caring towards dog... she has experienced with a few mix breed that she took care of since puppy until they part... but that was few years back... all the while we does not have the opportunity to get any new born dog for adoption and I got to admit that initially I am not a dog lover as I do not have the opportunity to own any dog as my family does not permit me to have one when I was growing upUnsure....

Last month, someone actually gv a all black new born mixed breed to us Shocked(yes, it's puppy just abt 2 weeks old when we got it and the eye still close :D) well... my wife was very happy and i am so excited to help in taking care of the puppy... and only then i started to realize that I do actually like dog... we have gone thru a lot of thing with the puppy as it was not healthy when we got him, we even bring the puppy to visit the vet when he stop to eat for 1 whole day...... all the other puppies from the same litters have die... except our's... we are now the proud owner of a healthy 2 months old puppy...taking care of puppy is tiredCrazy... but it's also a fun experience for us and our kids as they also help to take care of the puppy and they like it very much....

few days ago, when we are purchasing some food and snack from pet shop.. i notice there are 2 shih tzu puppies, 5 months old with cert on sales @ the pet shop asking for RM 1280 each... from the moment we saw the shih tzu, beautiful fur and super cute face... we immediate attract by it... and come across the idea of actually getting one for our elder daughter as her companion while growing up.... and getting one more for younger daughter when she is comfortable to take care of dog...

I am not sure whether shih tzu is suitable for us... we are absolutely blank on the behavior and other aspect of it... if we are looking for a quiet, obedient companion... will shih tzu suitable? or should we look for other breed? And what abt the spending per month... I should be able to spend about RM 100 ~ RM 200 on the maintenance...

anyway.. are there any reputable breeder in JB area?? I have request Shih Tzu breeder list in JB from MKA but no reply...

Pls advise. thanks.

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Sep 20, 2007, 7:48 AM

Post #2 of 2 (976 views)
Shortcut
Re: [my_carven] Is Shih Tzu suitable for me?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi...,

Long coat breeds need lots of maintainence. Anyway, u may check this out for more informations.

http://www.akc.org/...s/shih_tzu/index.cfm

RM100 to RM200 to be spending on a toy breed monthly should be more than enought. Smile

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my