Home: General: Chit Chat:
They Test On Animals...

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Sep 17, 2007, 9:46 PM

Post #1 of 6 (685 views)
Shortcut
They Test On Animals... Can't Post

Just becareful on what you buy... I'm so surprised that Pringles test on animals too! I already knew along time already that Iams test on animals coz I've watched the video of them testing on Beagles... Very sad & disgusting!

supermutts
K9 Senior

Sep 18, 2007, 7:29 AM

Post #2 of 6 (657 views)
Shortcut
Re: [all] They Test On Animals... [In reply to] Can't Post

i am against animal testing....

but the fact is.. in order for the human race to thrive...
many many things that we use, eat, wear, are tested on animals...

from our medicine... vaccine..., make-up, food... etc etc....

would we refuse our life saving medication that has been tested extensively on mice, then beagles, then primates, then human before approved by the FDA???

the best way is, not to be a human... haha..

or help to reduce the human population...

not by killing people....

by voluntarily ceasing to breed.... human of course...

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

(This post was edited by supermutts on Sep 18, 2007, 7:53 AM)

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Sep 18, 2007, 6:49 PM

Post #3 of 6 (642 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] They Test On Animals... [In reply to] Can't Post

Aiyo....honestly I have a pretty neutral stand on this issue. I'm against animal-testing on some things and yet I will NEVER EVER use a new product that is release in the market that has NEVER EVER been tested before! NEVER mannn.......say what who ever wants, I'll NEVER EVER take anything that has never ever been tested before if it comes straight from the lab!

Ok things like household stuff, chlorox, dettol, Shieldtox, bla bla bla....aiya whatever that u don eat, drink, inhale, touch or apply to anywhere on ur body whether externally or internally, that of cos no need to animal testing lah! What da hell, u need to test ridsect on dogs or cats or even primates for? Dont make sense mah. So that, I'm totally against it.

But everything else, that u eat, inhale, drink, apply to ur skin, nails, hair and injected to ur body, it's better to go thru thorough testing. Meaning all levels of testing from small animals, to medium, primates and finally human testing. I thought there is this theory about sacrificing for the greater good? Ok, I know, I sucked at philosophy and I cant remember who said what and when. Donnu how I manage to survive a whole semester of that too. Wink

You definitely do not wan to put anything that comes straight from the lab onto anywhere on ur body. As long as anywhere on the list of ingredients have got some martian language looking phrases to you, u dare to use ah? Ok...if u're a chemist, then u probably can decipher those martian looking phrases and can probably figure out what are neutral compounds and stable. But if u'r not, how do know if something like Metformin HCl is safe to be consumed if it has not been tested on any living beings before? Ok it's safe, it's an active ingredient in diabetic drugs used to lower blood sugar. So how do scientist know that HCl in this combination is safe? TEST lah..... if the hundreds of thousands of white mice didnt become our initial sacrificial goats, then how can such compound be used so widely today in probably all the medications to treat diabetes and probably many more medications out there?

I've seen with my own eyes before how this drug company came out with a new formula. New medication for disease X that is suppose to be better than the current one as it's suppose to have a milder side effect. Actually not really new, the took the old formula and made some new changes to it. The drug came in little vials, probably about 50 vials, each vial about 20micrograms. Each vial has different concentration of active ingredient if I remember correctly. Each concentration was suppose to be mixed with a buffer and then injected to a group of white mice. Probably about 20 mice in each group. So u do all the math and see how many mice was used in the first run of testing. After injecting, the mice are observed closely. Taking blood samples, measuring this and that and this that. Out of 50 groups of mice, only 3 groups survived past the first 24hours! ONLY 3! The rest of them, all died within 24 hours! Out of the 3, 2 made it. The last one died within 48hours. So the 2 groups that made it, that will be the 2 vials that will proceed to the next level.

And my dear friends, that is how all ur medications have got little side notes of overdosing and side effects. It is sad I have to admit. Seeing them drop dead one by one, and no...they don just stop breathing and die. Some goes into seizures, some frothing, some going crazy and some just acting weird. But we cant kill them there and then. If everyone does that, there wont be clauses of overdosing in all ur medications in the market today.

Ok...that's a little insight as to why I'm not totally against it. Ppl tell me, use this and don use that cos it's not being tested on animals, it just goes into my left ear and out the right. Whatever I use or eat or apply to hair or skin or nails, if it has been tested on animals, I'll be thankful to them. I'll pray they will get a better rebirth and not be born into the research world again. Without them sacrificing, we the human race definitely will not have a lifespan today of 70yrs++. We probably would not even survive out first week of life if not for vaccinations and bla bla bla.

So before you take a stand, think about it properly. That's why sometimes I feel PETA is just being a little too extreme.

I'm just giving my POV in terms of medical science. It will be too long for me to elaborate into food industry and toiletries. That I believe, most ppl can spend some time thinking as to why it's necessary for testing. Why FDA will never approve something for human consumption if its not tested? So do u think it's really sinful to put that bunch of rats thru the whole process earlier? As long as it's organic, then it's most likely it's safe.

Think about it.

No offense to anyone ok!

Mutt: The bad thing about being human, is that we know what is going to cause us PAIN. And because of that, we learn to be selfish...hahahahaa thats why we subject others to go thru the pain for us so that we will not suffer. As a species, we're definitely a sly bunch. Hahahahahaha Tongue

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

supermutts
K9 Senior

Sep 18, 2007, 7:42 PM

Post #4 of 6 (638 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] They Test On Animals... [In reply to] Can't Post

wah lau.... u r writing thesis man... hahaha....

sigh.... because we want to live other beings have to suffer...

well, i did some search, and they mentioned there are alternative to
animal testing, but i think these alternatives might not work on some drug research or diseases that is y animal testing is still required.

really i think being a human is already cruel enough...
and i support and volunteer to cease human breeding....

Don't Lost your dogs!!

simweiken
Novice

Sep 18, 2007, 7:54 PM

Post #5 of 6 (632 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] They Test On Animals... [In reply to] Can't Post

Human are selfish...Nature want us to die..But because of our selfishness..We create medicine to make ourselves live longer and continue using natural resources..Animal don't do that...It may be a invention to us...However, its a way of killing our human races day by day...Frown

supermutts
K9 Senior

Sep 18, 2007, 8:03 PM

Post #6 of 6 (631 views)
Shortcut
Re: [simweiken] They Test On Animals... [In reply to] Can't Post

yea its true, but humans are getting more and more each day leh...
the death rate it not high enough....

Don't Lost your dogs!!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my