Home: Behavioral Problems: Aggresive Dogs and Puppies:
adopted rottweiler + bad temperement

mycyberfreak
New User

Sep 14, 2007, 8:15 PM

Post #1 of 4 (3875 views)
Shortcut
adopted rottweiler + bad temperement Can't Post

just adopted a rottweiler, i sitted a distance away from her with her chain up.

ohh my god, this dog got serious temperement issue, kill on spot, attack on spot, is what i find out about this rottie, i don't even got chance to go near her. bark one whole night, worry neighbour will complain.

any advise? this is a no joking dog and will not even give a chance. please advise.

Cao de Fila
Novice

Sep 24, 2007, 6:39 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3747 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mycyberfreak] adopted rottweiler + bad temperement [In reply to] Can't Post

What is the history of this dog? Was she always chained and left alone by her previous owner? How old is she?

When you said she “kill on spot, attack on spot”, what do you mean by that? Has she bitten anyone?

Sorry for asking so many questions but it would help to know more about the dog. anyway, based on your description, I would think her aggression is due to fear and lack of trust in human. It would be best if you could engage a professional dog trainer to evaluate the dog provided if you could find one in your area.

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Sep 27, 2007, 1:45 AM

Post #3 of 4 (3701 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cao de Fila] adopted rottweiler + bad temperement [In reply to] Can't Post

hey cao...,

does your Fila stubbon? M thinking of getting one to place at my warehouse... pitbulls are too small in size...Smile

Cao de Fila
Novice

Sep 27, 2007, 7:47 PM

Post #4 of 4 (3676 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kevin Chuan] adopted rottweiler + bad temperement [In reply to] Can't Post

hi kevin,

Filas can be very stubborn and definitely not the easiest breed to train. You have to keep training them and let them have constant human contacts. so leaving them to guard your warehouse is not a very good idea although they are very guard dogs. Just my opinion though.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my