First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

MarnYook
Novice

May 26, 2003, 10:42 PM

Post #1 of 84 (2434 views)
Shortcut
Love my doggie. Can't Post

Hi all,

I dont realise that this field exist even i joined in last month. I think im a bit blind or i have low impulse.

I have a MS, Marn Yook is the name. She is a female and currently 7 months old. Use to have a pair of Alsations but cant keep them, not enough hands to handle. Me and Marn Yook are living with my family but my family members dont like me to keep her so i need to move out once my house is ready so it will be me and her only.

I got her from a house breeder in JB. She is the ugliest among her siblings and noboby wanted her. So i bought her lah. ...Those that didnt want her will regret coz she is a brilliant (eventhough ugly). She pick up things very fast and very active. I do not vacine of give her heartworm but she is still very healthy (eventhough she stays outside, cold and hot) never fall sick b4. Now she understand , sit, down, stay, high 5, jump, roll-over, act dead, fetch and dont eat (if i said so). she will inform us when there is a stranger. Keng leh.....and she is only 7 moths old. But sometimes a bit too active when comes to play time.

I pity her. Wait......wait until my house is ready and she will have plenty of space to jump, run and so on.

Trivor
K9 Servant

May 26, 2003, 11:30 PM

Post #2 of 84 (2423 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MarnYook] Love my doggie. [In reply to] Can't Post

hello,
BIG welcome!!
Amazing and brilliant!! especially "act dead"? How did you train her?
Well, it is adviseable to have vaccine and heartworm. My friend's golden just died, 2 weeks ago, suspected heartworm, very unfortunately Frown To add on: The dog had diarrhea with blood, vomit, lost appetite & strength, and died slowly in great pain.Frown

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

(This post was edited by Trivor on May 26, 2003, 11:43 PM)

elizatye
K9 Senior

May 26, 2003, 11:46 PM

Post #3 of 84 (2417 views)
Shortcut

Hai, Welcome, welcome, greeting from Penang. I owned a male MS, Yippi, he is now 1 year old. You are very "good heart". Marn Yook's life must be full of happiness to stay with you. She is really "Keng" lah, you must be spent a lot of time with her, right?? Wink How do you teach her act dead and roll over ??? My "shor" Yippi can not differentiate between these two lah Unsure.

Smile Eliza

MarnYook
Novice

May 26, 2003, 11:55 PM

Post #4 of 84 (2413 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trivor] Love my doggie. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Sorry that to hear that ur fren is no more around. The reason that i do not wanna vacine her coz i have 2 dogs died bcos of vacine. They died 2 weeks after the 1st jab (distemper) I realise that vacine might be fren but also foe.

Think carefully. What is vaccine? Especially those 6 in 1. 6 in 1 = 6 types of viruses going into a weak body in 1 shot. This is like a war between the pup and viruses. Mom gave natural antibobody to protect their baby from viruses and bacterias and yet we give them more viruses. If somthing happens, what vet will usually say is, "oh....... this pup must have it b4 the jab. Sorry to say that v can tell whether they have it or not" Our intention is good but accidently killed them.

About heart worm, also think carefully. Some of the dog owner giv their dog the "medicine" every 3 months or even once a month. That is not medicine, it is poison that will kill worms. If the dog doesnt have any worm, what kinda effect will the thing do to their heart. Will u take any panadol or cough syrup when u r not sick?????? Same goes to doggies. Vets have license and we will believe them coz we are layman and the most important thing is DOGGIE DONT COMPLAINT!!!!!!!!!! They wont tell u that "hey, i dont need that coz im not sick"

Not to say that dont vacinated ur doggie but give separately. Distemper, parvo and kennel cough. Believe me, some of them cant take it. Heart worm, check b4 giving. If they dont have any, then save your money.

So do u have any doggie with u rite now??????

MarnYook
Novice

May 27, 2003, 12:16 AM

Post #5 of 84 (2407 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elizatye] Love my doggie. [In reply to] Can't Post

hi eliza,

U might wanna try this. MS is very active doggy and they wont play dead when they they r still full of energy. So.... make them run and jump first (to lose some energy). When he is a bit penat already, command him to lie down then giv treats. After that try to push his neck so that he will sleep sideway and then scratch her neck and praise. (dogs like this) Repeat few times and u will realise u wont need to push hard anymore. Once u touch his neck, he will sleep side way and u praise. Later on u just point ur finger close to her neck and say "BANG!!!" and she wil sleep side way and wait for u to scratch (u need to replace the scratch will treats).

In order to do roll-over, ask him to play dead first then lure him by using treats. Place the treats close to her face and lure him to the other side by moving your treats semi-circle, dont move left to right or he will just jump up.

Just be patient. "boh mm kiah see chor buit tiok eh, see boh"

Where did u bought ur doggie??? Petshop???? K-9, midland, puppyland, paradise, D'petxxxx or thien teik?????

MarnYook
Novice

May 27, 2003, 12:44 AM

Post #6 of 84 (2405 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trivor] Love my doggie. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi trivor,

I think your golden's death cost by either Distemper or Parvo.

Parvo: Lost of appetite, vomit blood, diarrhea with blood, weak, but drink plenty of water and can last for 3-4 days only.

I think he kena distemper. If im not mistaken he vomitted foam or blood rite???? He had hard pad also. If u vacinated him, he start to take less food the next day. On top of that, he will suffer, to be exact, for 2 weeks. Sometimes dogs with distemper will shake and 1-2 times a day act like sawan babi.

I believe it wasnt heart worm.

KEIDOU

May 27, 2003, 1:08 AM

Post #7 of 84 (2397 views)
Shortcut

HI....

NICE TO MEET U HERE..

U CAN TRAIN UR DOGGIE MANY STYLE...ENVY LAH.....

CAN U TRAIN UR DOG EAT SLOWER? MY DOG LOOK LIKE VERY HUNGRY EVERYTIME LAH...

IF HAF CHANCE,HELP ME TO TRAIN HER LITTLE BIT.....TOO NAUGHTY(PET SHOP BOSS ALSO SAY THAT"WHAT KIND OF THIS DOG")

SHE ALWAY NOW WHAT SHE DONE WRONG THEN SHE TRY TO HIDE IN CORNER. N MAKE PITY FACE....

SHE ALWIZ CHALLENGE MY BIG DOGGIE....

WELCOME UR M.S.
TongueKEIDOUTongue
ALWIZ BE NAUGHTY!
BE FUNNY
BE NAIVE

.'"'..
'
( '0' )_!)
' '
LL_ *_J

MarnYook
Novice

May 27, 2003, 1:15 AM

Post #8 of 84 (2396 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KEIDOU] Love my doggie. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Keidou,

If im not mistaken, she is still a pup, less then 8 months old.

Can u tell me more about her? ie. breed, how old, food, and so on????

elizatye
K9 Senior

May 27, 2003, 1:38 AM

Post #9 of 84 (2395 views)
Shortcut

Hi, Thanks a lot Smile. Means I have to train Yippi act died first before go to roll over, right ?? I think I'm confusing him already Tongue.

Hey, are you Penang lang also ?? I bought yippi from pets paradise, Jelutong. But I think they was moved already.

Do you have your furkid's picture?? I am sure that no matter how ugly of your furkid, "Marn Yook", he must be very cute and adorable Smile. Is her name in translated from cantonese, same as the name of the famous Hong Kong actress, Maggie Cheong Cool ???

Smile Eliza

wkser
ALPHA

May 27, 2003, 1:56 AM

Post #10 of 84 (2392 views)
Shortcut

hi ,

welcome to the forum,wah your marn yook so smart i wish my notti nous can do that also

regards
kangser and nous

MarnYook
Novice

May 27, 2003, 1:58 AM

Post #11 of 84 (2392 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Just be patient and u ll do it bcoz we r having the same type mah.....

Im a pure "KL"ian but i have visited all petshop in malaysia. Pet pardise????? The one in container petshop, rite????? U will only see the lady boss but very expensive oh!!!!!!! Better b careful coz they usually sell Thailand's dogs. How much u bought u babe????? with cert 2k and without 1.5K???? Penang's dog very expensive lah.

How ugly ah???? She is now turning to almost white already. I think less than 1% of her body is black ans the rest white and light grey.

Yup..... ur rite Maggie Cheong. Later if i get another one will neme her, Qing har. If u wanna get cheaper dog, pls tell me. Puppyland pet is my peng yu.

Yippi is a char bor or tah poh??? Marn yook no boyfren lah.......Sly

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

May 27, 2003, 3:09 AM

Post #12 of 84 (2389 views)
Shortcut

Hi marn yook

A warm welcome to the forum ! Do give us tips on how to teach our dogs the tricks and etc... really interested in learning it.

cheers,
minglmy

arthur
ALPHA

May 27, 2003, 6:31 AM

Post #13 of 84 (2380 views)
Shortcut

Hi MarnYook!

Welcome to the forum! Great name for your MS..I'm always looking out for doggie names with local or eastern flavour. Like you I am a MS owner. 3 in fact. Pepper, Lee Sha and Lee Ron.

Thks for sharing your tips on the play dead and roll over tricks. Marn Yook is plenty smart girl! Plus healthy too. She won't make noise when sleeping outdoors? BTW, is she a white schnauzer?

Again, welcome to the forum. Glad to have an experienced owner around.

Rdgs arthur

drew
ALPHA

May 27, 2003, 8:27 AM

Post #14 of 84 (2374 views)
Shortcut

hello there,

welcome and have fun here ~! Laugh

Elly
ALPHA

May 27, 2003, 8:49 AM

Post #15 of 84 (2372 views)
Shortcut

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum. Agree with u abt the vaccine/deworm...as both of my dogs got only 2 japs out of 3 (* that's what they always recommend) and never had any heartworm test before or whatsoever.

Of course I dont hope any of this diseases happen onto them (*TOUCH WOOD!), anyhow....they are real healthy now as they are in good hands. Wink

I own a dane and a basset. Join us to the coming gathering on 15th June. It will be fun! Our MS Master, Mr Arthur would be delighted if another MS join the gathering.... so please make yourself free on that day!Cool

Elly

poor_me
Enthusiast

May 27, 2003, 8:49 AM

Post #16 of 84 (2372 views)
Shortcut

Hmmm.... maybe I should try the play dead trick with my lil' Monster. Why don't you post your Marn Yook's pic into here. I don't think there are any ugly Min. Schnauzer or any ugly dogs for that matter. All breeds mutts or purebred look cute. Don't they?

BTW: Lil' Monster is a Pekingese Mix.

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

May 27, 2003, 10:57 AM

Post #17 of 84 (2370 views)
Shortcut

hi,

hello, my name is Li Ping. I have a 2 1/2 yr old GR call hunter. you're really experienced. was wondering were you a breeder before?

anyway, welcome to the forum. lookin' forward for valuable advises from you in the future :)

regards,
hunter

elizatye
K9 Senior

May 27, 2003, 6:13 PM

Post #18 of 84 (2361 views)
Shortcut

Ya, you are right Wink. Pet paradise is the one in contrainer. But now the container no longer there already. I bought Yippi at about RM 13++, no birth cert, no microchip. But fortunately, Yippi is a healthly baby, but a bit naughty lah... Tongue Is Puppyland the one in Bayan Lepas. I plan to buy another female MS, but not now, wait until Yippi a bit matual. Now is hard for me to handle 2 MS at the same time. Will get your help if is time for me to buy another MS. Thanks first Smile.

Yaloh, May be yours is a white schnauzer... Yippi is tar poh lah, but so far not much female MS in this forum. Sure Marn Yook must be very famous... ha..ha..ha... Yippi reserve first ah... Wink

Hahaha.... SlySlySly Qing Har, then, Chor Hong??

Smile Eliza

ashley
ALPHA

May 27, 2003, 7:03 PM

Post #19 of 84 (2357 views)
Shortcut

Hi Marn Yook Mummy !!
Ur Marn Yook so clever i hope my chihuahua also can understand what i order!Blush
How u teach her High 5? when i say "hand" my chihuahua will tend to bite my finger!?Crazy Pai Sei nia!! Hope can see Marn Yook pic ! A Little Marn Yook
Angelic
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

cherygan
Enthusiast

May 27, 2003, 7:24 PM

Post #20 of 84 (2358 views)
Shortcut

Welcome 1st of all.

2ndly, here is my own opinion. I really dont agree with you for not giving our kids with those jabs. I have asked few vets about give or not to give pets jab, well, off course all of them will agree to jabs the furkid but the different is pet with jabs will have more chance of living when they fall ill. At least 50% more chances than those totally without jab. And i see jabs as a prevention but not cure. Just like when we are borned ,why do our parents give use different jabs? This is prevent us from getting sick, parent really have no idea whether the vaccine will do harm or not to thier kids, but this is the best and only way to ensure them from easily getting sick.Always prevention is better than cure. Imagine as a responsible parents to our kid,will you put your kid into such kind of gamble? For me ,i will not save that hundred ringgit to gamble my kid's live.

3rdly, Vet around the world have spend billion of dollar doing research whether the vaccine given to the pet will harm them or not. The answer is the vaccine given is 100% safe when its injected into our pet whether he/she need it or not. They are just like vitamins you eat daily.

4thly, You are right 'DOGGIE DONT COMPLAINT' whether they need the vaccine or not. But they dont complaint either when they started to fall ill unless untill the illness become really bad they will only start to complaint. Heartworm doesnt really strike when only fully develop, it will be too late to kill those heartworm when you found out. To give them checkup everymonth cost even more by just giving them simple heartworm medicine/heartguard.

Lastly i will take my chance to give the best to my furkids. Whatever its good and recommanded by vet. If the heartguard really get to kill my furkid ,i think i will be the next millionaire by sueing them in court Tongue

YYY MouMou & WangWang & Byron & LiangLiang & Young & LuLu - Love 'em all YYY

MarnYook
Novice

May 28, 2003, 7:27 AM

Post #21 of 84 (2345 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherygan] Love my doggie. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Chery,

I do agree wit u that we should give them jab but my mind changed when my 1st dog died right after the first jab (within 2 weeks). I still believe that we should jab them after i bought the 2nd dog and guess what?????? Died....... also 1st jab and died within 2 weeks. From that point onward i will never jab my dogs.

I tried to understand why and what actually happened. Do u know why????? Their mom pass the defense system to them and it will decrese rite after 4 weeks and if the pup cant take it, the first will be distemper. Have u ever see u dog really suffer???? To tell u i did. not only once. not twice. I saw dog died bcos of distemper, parvo, kennel cough and even skin problem.

Dog medicine??? Do u know dog medicine is the same with human medicine??? If u dont believe me, ask your vet. Vets always claim that all kinda sickness are from either petshops or kennel but think carefully. What is the place that sick dogs visit???? CLINICS. What kinda of prevention they have in the clinic. Only DISINFECTANT that u can easily get in supermarkets. Viruses like PARVO, DISTEMPER and some skin deasea cant be killed by normal disinfectant but CLOROX.

I just wanna say that vacine can be fren and foe too. Dont give all in 1. Dogs are like human. Did our mom give us all types of jab in one shot. I believe NO. I use to sell dog food that is why i know alot of things about food and sickness.

About jabs..... do u know how much they make????? They got it for only RM10 per jab and how much they charge u????? RM30 - RM40..... so do u think they care about your dog. Try to call u vet middle of the nite and say it is a emergency and check how much they will charge u?????

Anyway, we dont authortity to say anything and how that u dont mind . Belive me.... why i act this way coz i know too much.......

(This post was edited by Khoobg on May 28, 2003, 7:35 AM)

MarnYook
Novice

May 28, 2003, 7:37 AM

Post #22 of 84 (2340 views)
Shortcut

Hi eliza,

So next time if u want my help no problem but it is kinda hard to get a female coz most of the breeder will keep them.

Buay yau kin. Eh kang lu ai chuay char bor eh MS, lu eh sai send e-mail hor gua and wa gio wah eh peng yu nah puppyland bayan lepas kah lu che je leh char bor but siang petparadise ani kuan loh, thailand eh MS.

MarnYook
Novice

May 28, 2003, 7:41 AM

Post #23 of 84 (2338 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Elly] Love my doggie. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Actually i wanted to give her jab but i have very bad experience so i dont give anymore. Me too also say, touch wood and hope that things wont go wrong coz i had enuf.

June 15 cannot la coz i need to attend a meeting in PD. Join u guys later.

Thanks

MarnYook
Novice

May 28, 2003, 7:51 AM

Post #24 of 84 (2334 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Love my doggie. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Li Ping,

How should i tell u or answer u?????? U can say that but i also own a petshop b4 and i distribute dog food. Thats why i know alot about dogs, petshop in malaysia and VETS. I also train dogs for those who come for boarding. But know i need to close the shop coz the shopowner wanna rent it to someone else and i also have no time to take care coz im working also.

sayonara.............

MarnYook
Novice

May 28, 2003, 7:58 AM

Post #25 of 84 (2332 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Love my doggie. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi arthur,

I know u r the sifu here so have to "look see look see" after me okay??

I would not say she is white. As u know she is the ugliest cos the grey part turn into light grey, very light and 50% of her body is white. I would not know whether she will turn 100% white or not?

I have no choice but to leave her outside coz my parents don allow but i need to wait until my house is ready the okay lah........Of couse she will bark lah but for 5 mins or walk her a little while like 10mins then she will shut up.

Glad to know u guys as well. Hope to see u guys later coz i believe there is a lot that i can learn from u guys......

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my