First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

potter

May 28, 2008, 11:47 AM

Post #51 of 67 (47401 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ihawk98] Westie Owners United [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
i'm glad you like the groomer at SS2.

anyone can recommend other groomers that can do a good westie cut?

also, my Sparky likes to lick his hind legs a lot...lick until not on discoloration happens but no hair growing on the inside of his hind legs. we've seen the vet and tested him for fungus and other things but all negative. the food he has been eating is Royal Canin and he's eaten it his whole life so it can't really be a food allergy. anyone knows what could be going on?

Sorry to chip in. I know this post has been on a long time but I don't log in often and just read it. Royal Canin really is not the best food around. It does have ingredients that is the main cause of allergy in dogs. If I am not mistaken, one of the main ingredient is corn. A lot of dogs are allergic to corn and grains even. My Yorkie has mild allergy to oatmeal and if he ate oatmeal, he licks his paw and itch. Food allergy can happen later on in life when a dog is older or when their immune system is weaker than usual due to different reasons (i.e. stress, change of environment) so you may want to try to eliminate different foods in your dog's diet to find out. Some dogs are allergic to certain proteins which makes it very hard to find out which is the culprit but I know a lot of Yorkie owners who has ditched out Royal Canin due to their dogs being allergic and the main allergen was corn so it may be an easy shot for you. I know they are different breeds and I may be wrong but no harm in trying. You may save some serious money in the long run at the vets.
potter

www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=410379

jhexx
Novice

Sep 8, 2008, 2:33 AM

Post #52 of 67 (47078 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Westie Owners United [In reply to] Can't Post

hey guys. i am looking to own a adorable westie . anyone know of any?
Dogz for LYFE!

benjac
New User

Oct 10, 2008, 6:34 AM

Post #53 of 67 (46952 views)
Shortcut
Re: Westie Owners United [In reply to] Can't Post

hi westie owners!

we (ben and jaclyn) are soon to be a westie owner too. he's currently still with the breeder, irene kang and will soon be ready to come home with us to kl this nov.

if there's any westie gathering coming up later, we would definitely love to join.

btw, how was the gathering on 1st May?

pennywise
Novice

Oct 20, 2008, 9:40 PM

Post #54 of 67 (46886 views)
Shortcut
Re: [benjac] Westie Owners United [In reply to] Can't Post

I forgot my password and finally got it back. I havent been posting here for the longest time but if any of you westie owners are interested in a friendly place to chat, let us all keep in touch.

1. via Dogster, you can add 3 of my westies following this link: www.dogster.com/family/369521

2. There's a discussion thread on westie here at: forum.lowyat.net/topic/701874

Hope to see you guys there and am glad to see the westie group of owners are growing.

Wow wee, it's been such a long time! Maybe some of you arent here anymore but some newcomers just joined. Regardless, I hope we are all able to unite and have a discussion / gathering of westies.

Time sure flies and I dont know when I'll be back here again, from 1 westies to now 3. Come join us! :)

(This post was edited by pennywise on Oct 20, 2008, 9:46 PM)

benjac
New User

Oct 21, 2008, 4:01 AM

Post #55 of 67 (46875 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pennywise] Westie Owners United [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I forgot my password and finally got it back. I havent been posting here for the longest time but if any of you westie owners are interested in a friendly place to chat, let us all keep in touch.

1. via Dogster, you can add 3 of my westies following this link: www.dogster.com/family/369521

2. There's a discussion thread on westie here at: forum.lowyat.net/topic/701874

Hope to see you guys there and am glad to see the westie group of owners are growing.

Wow wee, it's been such a long time! Maybe some of you arent here anymore but some newcomers just joined. Regardless, I hope we are all able to unite and have a discussion / gathering of westies.

Time sure flies and I dont know when I'll be back here again, from 1 westies to now 3. Come join us! :)

we're at lowyat.net now. thanks!

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 19, 2008, 8:38 AM

Post #56 of 67 (46712 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kevycc] Westie Owners United [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi all,

Do check out these 2 westies for adoption..

http://www.puppy.com.my/...i?post=329491#329491

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

teaspoon
Novice

May 14, 2009, 9:02 PM

Post #57 of 67 (46437 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Westie Owners United [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello All,

I am looking for the coconut based shampoo / organic based shampoo for my westie and matese... they have brown stain near the muzzle and paws area.... have checked with vet, no skin problems. Also dont intend to feed them the powder called WhiteShine (correct me if I am wrong) ... as I am unsure what is the contents.

I have 1 shihtzu mixed australian silky terrier, 2 malteses and a westie - all on Addiction/Origens and grooming at Pet Safari... in between touch ups by YeeLee a freelance groomer.... Vets are Dr Hasnul (Kota Damansara), Lai Chong (Hands and Paws) and Dr Wong (Small aminals clinic, Puteri Puchong). All stay at indoors and sleeps in the room with me.

Just curious how some white doggies can be so white... :P Pls advise.

[URL= img354.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1544.jpg]

(This post was edited by teaspoon on May 14, 2009, 9:36 PM)

weilinz88
Novice

Jul 22, 2009, 9:06 AM

Post #58 of 67 (46259 views)
Shortcut
Re: [teaspoon] Westie Owners United [In reply to] Can't Post

Seems that this thread is kinda dead~~~~

Hehehehe~time to revive it~Frown

I also own a westie boy named Terry~

teaspoon
Novice

Jul 22, 2009, 5:44 PM

Post #59 of 67 (46255 views)
Shortcut
Re: [weilinz88] Westie Owners United [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello!! Hello!!! Yes, it is time to revive this thread! HOw old if your terry and are you going to the Dogathon 09? Any photos of your doggie westie??

weilinz88
Novice

Jul 22, 2009, 10:19 PM

Post #60 of 67 (46244 views)
Shortcut

Terry is 18months old~~~!!!!

Dogathon ar...when is it again?i think it clashes with my finals...and i dont know how to go to UPM...Frown
Frown

Uhm...dont know how to add pictures to this forum yet ler...tried to add yesterday but rejected....might need to go to my bloggie to check his picture out though....

weilinz8 8 . blogspot . com Frown

teaspoon
Novice

Jul 22, 2009, 10:51 PM

Post #61 of 67 (46240 views)
Shortcut

Hello your doggie is very cute... are you in Pj/KL? Dogathon is in mid august.... http://www.vet.upm.edu.my/~dogathon/

DO focus on your studies and finish the paper... you will have ample of time to work.... when you work it's without semester holidays, only annual leaves (subject to your superior's approval) and looking forward to public holidays each time you get a new calendr... you will get to work until you are 55... why so kan cheong?

dont hurry... just focus on your studies and finish what you have started. : )

weilinz88
Novice

Jul 23, 2009, 9:09 AM

Post #62 of 67 (46224 views)
Shortcut

Thankz for the compliment~He is a very notty boy who thinks he is ho0o0man~!

Currently based in Cheras,KL.....

Aiyoh....cant attend the dogathon lor...17th August is my finals 1st paper~!!!!!FrownFrown

Now only semester finals,currently in 2nd year of degree...18months before graduation....

teaspoon
Novice

Jul 23, 2009, 5:37 PM

Post #63 of 67 (46217 views)
Shortcut

OK! All the best for the exams. Meanwhile time flies very quick... good luck in your exams... and come for the doggie events after your exams... I am sure there are more... we can keep in touch. I have another westie owner friend in Ampang KL.

weilinz88
Novice

Jul 23, 2009, 9:57 PM

Post #64 of 67 (46210 views)
Shortcut

Come come~we try to organize a westie outing one day~~~~Frown

arwen
New User

Sep 23, 2009, 5:49 PM

Post #65 of 67 (45753 views)
Shortcut

hi

i am tinking of getting a westie from anjfurkids.

have anyone got any puppies from them before? or do you have any realiable westie breeders you know ?

I was cheated once, bought a westie at purebreed price but end up it was not up to breed standard, so wont want to be cheated again

any advise will be great . thanks

eelin
New User

Aug 21, 2010, 6:29 PM

Post #66 of 67 (44621 views)
Shortcut
Re: [potter] Westie Owners United [In reply to] Can't Post

hihi ,i know this thread is not so active anymore but I would love to get some help here.

I have 2 westie, one male and one female, both about 4 mths old.

They weigh now about 3kg, is't too heavy or it is just nice? what is the ideal amount to feed them and how big will they grow?

Also, what's the best dog food to feed them? My friend recommended me science plan.

The male dog doesnt seem to have all white fur. The middle is a little brown and rough, is this a skin disorder?

Also, i was reading about grooming it, what do u mean by hand stripping?? sorry I am new to pets hence have loads of questions!

dprom
New User

Sep 9, 2014, 4:20 AM

Post #67 of 67 (41315 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eelin] Westie Owners United [In reply to] Can't Post

hi guys, i have a westie approx 2 yrs old but having very serious skin problem. she scratches non stop till the extend it starts to bleed.and very often she chews her paws till it becomes very red. her skins are flaky.been going in n out few vets in selangor area, especially UPM vet hospital, been prescribed anti histamine and steroids. but i was told in the long run it will not do good to my westie. i tried various diet to see whether she's allergic to any of them but that was ruled out. and also been reading a little and i was told giving her evening prime rose oil will help , been doing so for the past 2 weeks but there's little improvement. so would like to ask any owners here experiencing or experienced the same problem as mine.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my