Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Need advise on Labs...

sweeeng
ALPHA

May 26, 2003, 5:02 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1007 views)
Shortcut
Need advise on Labs... Can't Post

Need some advise here. I've just got my new lab around 2 weeks ago. She seems to be scratching a lot ... I've asked the breeder ... He told me that previously the dog has some allergy to her mother's milk ... when it drips on her body.

Now I realise there's some dandruff ... just bought the selenium shampoo but hasn't use it. Besides that, I notice her elbow ... I'm not sure if it's too dry or what but it bleed.

I think previously the breeder fed science diet ... chicken & rice. So now I've changed it to Nutro Lamb & Rice for puppy.

What else should I do?

Regards,
Swee Eng

cdmoo
ALPHA

May 27, 2003, 1:50 AM

Post #2 of 6 (1002 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweeeng] Need advise on Labs... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi SweeEng,

FYI, Rex was on Nutro Choice Large Breed Puppy. ..I'm happy with his coat. Also I feed him Omega Oil as well , as supplement.

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

wkser
ALPHA

May 27, 2003, 6:48 PM

Post #3 of 6 (994 views)
Shortcut

hi swee eng,
yeap lamb and rice kibbles will help for the fur ,if your dog have skin problem ,chicken flavour kibbles is not suitable.I am feeding nous with innova adult now WinkSmile his coat is shinning and soft now,i also feed him with supplement

regards
kangser and nous

sweeeng
ALPHA

May 28, 2003, 6:12 PM

Post #4 of 6 (986 views)
Shortcut
Re: [All] Need advise on Labs... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Kangser & CD Moo,

Yup .. .I'm feeding my dogs with Nutro. Cos last time Winnie shed a lot that's when I change her food to Nutro plus supplements like Cod Liver Oil, Carrot & Garlic.

I think I've figured out the condition of my Choc Lab (Labbie's her name). Ok ... she's having dandruff, rite?! Then I did mention something got to do with bleeding, rite?! I think my maid scratch the dandruff off until she bleed, la ....!!! Silly Maid!!!

Told her not to do such thing anymore. And now I keep rubbing Johnson baby lotion on her and she looks better now. But still scratching ... hopefully not a habit cos when she scratchs, she barks...

Anyway, Thanks a lot for both your advise ...

Regards,
Swee Eng

KSLAW
Novice

May 30, 2003, 9:02 AM

Post #5 of 6 (979 views)
Shortcut

Add some majerin or butter to the food it helps he need more oil on the food,try cod liver oil if u 1 and give him nutricoat can buy in any pet store cheap and good

sweeeng
ALPHA

May 30, 2003, 6:07 PM

Post #6 of 6 (974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KSLAW] Need advise on Labs... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ....
I've been feeding de lab cod liver oil eversince I first got her... and maybe it's slowly taking action cos...it's only going to be 2 weeks since I got her.

Regards,
Swee Eng

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my