jay

supermutts
K9 Senior

Aug 26, 2007, 9:11 AM

Post #2 of 14 (15718 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pandorabox] any good vets in the cheras area??? [In reply to] Can't Post

i tot ur vet is dr prem??

y looking for vet in cheras, too far to go brickfields?

ppl came all the way from seremban, and even fly him
to kuching to treat their dogs....

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

bulldog07
Novice

Aug 30, 2007, 2:59 AM

Post #3 of 14 (15689 views)
Shortcut

Hi There!

There are lots of vets in Cheras but whether they are good or not, cannot guarentee. If I were you, I would stick with Dr. Prem because he knows your dog's health history and yes, from what I heard, he is quite a good vet. He is an Australian Vet so he is more qualified than most vets here because he can even go to Singapore and practice with his veterinnary degree. So, I would say that he is a safe bet.

A bit of travelling never hurt anyoneWink

Cheers!

natasha_fernz

Sep 3, 2007, 8:34 PM

Post #4 of 14 (15644 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I have not sent any of my dogs to this vet personally, but my vet Dr John Singham of Hayward Animal Clinic has recommended them, so they must be pretty decent. I have also been there a few times to drop of poo samples etc cause they have their own lab, and they seem pretty nice to humans and doggies... so you might want to try them

SEGAR ANIMAL HOSPITAL
CHERAS
TEL: 03 9130 4641
03 9133 4192
03 9131 7839 (EMERGENCIES)
012 381 7003 (EMERGENCIES)
Natasha Fernz
Frown

CLEOPATRA'S Blog:MAD ABOUT LABRADOR RETRIEVERS

myzanordin
ALPHA

Sep 3, 2007, 9:20 PM

Post #5 of 14 (15641 views)
Shortcut
Re: [natasha_fernz] any good vets in the cheras area??? [In reply to] Can't Post

I have personally send like 4-5 tabbys to Segar Animal Hosp. I think Dr. John is the owner. They many vets there, that will personally assigned to a case. When you call, you will speak to the specific Dr.that treat your pet.

One of my cat was boarded there for almost 3 weeks for broken leg. He is fine now but limping a bit. The rest is for sterilizing. The fees is quite on the high side, but the service is satisfactory..I think Dr. John have another clinic in Hartamas, but, they do not have the full facilities like the one in Cheras. However, its better to go to Cheras though, as the Hartamas fee is higher ..cos its in HARTAMAS...Smile

But now, since I moved to the other side of KL ( PJ). I have since got a new vet...

supermutts
K9 Senior

Sep 3, 2007, 9:39 PM

Post #6 of 14 (15640 views)
Shortcut
Re: [natasha_fernz] any good vets in the cheras area??? [In reply to] Can't Post

yea i used to buy stuff from segar pets. ....

do they use gas now? or still drip as anaesthesia ??

they can do dental scaling as well.

Don't Lost your dogs!!

pandorabox
Novice

Sep 3, 2007, 10:56 PM

Post #7 of 14 (15634 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] any good vets in the cheras area??? [In reply to] Can't Post

I paid a visit to segar pets last week bout my 13 year old for scaling. They seem to be well equipped. definately have got gas anaesthetic. i wouldnt settle for any less. it seems they have opened another branch in jalan ampang.

cheers,

jay

supermutts
K9 Senior

Sep 3, 2007, 11:17 PM

Post #8 of 14 (15630 views)
Shortcut

2 years ago i asked them they said not using gas..... now not sure, just asking.
looks like there are many young vets there.

Don't Lost your dogs!!

pandorabox
Novice

Sep 4, 2007, 10:24 PM

Post #9 of 14 (15608 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] any good vets in the cheras area??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmm... anyways.... it seems that they have 4 senior doctors la....2 in taman segar, 1 in hartamas and the other in ampang. others i think still new lor.

cheers,

jay

mystar25
New User

Dec 2, 2008, 1:04 AM

Post #10 of 14 (14580 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I have not sent any of my dogs to this vet personally, but my vet Dr John Singham of Hayward Animal Clinic has recommended them, so they must be pretty decent. I have also been there a few times to drop of poo samples etc cause they have their own lab, and they seem pretty nice to humans and doggies... so you might want to try them

SEGAR ANIMAL HOSPITAL
CHERAS
TEL: 03 9130 4641
03 9133 4192
03 9131 7839 (EMERGENCIES)
012 381 7003 (EMERGENCIES)

Few weeks ago my puppy had a few cough and I was so worried, so I brought him to this Segar Pets which my puppy took his vaccine. Anyhow the first time there was this vet, a male who is young and looks like a fresh grad who take this case, (I dont want to mention his name here) He said my pup had sore throat, which is not a serious case and gave him some antibiotics. I feel relieved, fed my pup medicine the vet gave but 1 day later it got even worst, as my pup keep coughing, cant stay or lie down due it aches when theres pressure on the chest.

So I brought my pup back to the vet, but this time its another vet who take this case since that 1st vet is not around. And we only found out that my pup actually had water in his lungs, quite serious, and its not like what the 1st vet mentioned just sore throat. I was so mad about the 1st vet on being not professional, he didnt even run any test, or x-ray kind of stuff. But still I let this clinic to continue cure my pup since the 2nd vet said it can be cured, but need time.

After the 2nd day hospitalized the vet said my pup is not eating, not sleeping and dont even pee at the hospital, so she suggest I bring him back, and continue feed him medicine. Just after 1 day I brought my pup back, he passed away. I called the vet and ask why does this happened? The 2nd vet apologized and said she also didnt expect this would happen, maybe some other causes ex virus. If I want to know what actually the cause of death of my pup ill have to send my pup for dissection. Hello? I already buried my pup, you want me to dig him out just to know what mistake you guys made?

From my pup begin feeling ill till he passed away its not even 1 week time. No offense to this hospital, maybe there are other good vets there but those who had no experienced and no responsibility at this place killed my puppy. I had few dogs, cats and even rabbits whom I brought them to this Segar Pets for vaccination in total 10 years time, I trusted their skill and professional as a good vet but this time they dissapoint me.

Just would like to share this to all pet lovers, be careful while choosing a vet to cure ur pet. Even it is a trusted clinic or hospital, choose a professional, experienced and responsible vet to do it.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 2, 2008, 1:42 AM

Post #11 of 14 (14577 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mystar25] any good vets in the cheras area??? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, i'm sorry for wat happened to ur puppy... hv u brought this up to the senior vet (owner?) at segar hospital? his name is Dr Jon...

i used to send my dog there for vacc and other treatments too, but recently, have decided to change to another vet clinic... i'm much happier with this new vet in terms of service, charges, etc...

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Dec 2, 2008, 8:08 PM

Post #12 of 14 (14548 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mystar25] any good vets in the cheras area??? [In reply to] Can't Post

So sorry to hear about this......

I've experienced about the same thing with a vet (in Puchong). My dog was sick and the vet took it very lightly. He didn't check thoroughly and just simply prescribed some medicine. 2 days later, my dog's condition didn't improve so I brought him back. Again, the vet assured me nothing serious. That time I had no experience as he's the first vet I met and was recommended by a friend. I told him that something not right with the dog but he kept telling me it's "normal". My dog died the next day after the second visit. I called the vet and told them the incident, then only he "suspected" it could due to this lah and that lah..........I asked him, why didn't he check thoroughly before that? All the suspected diseases he mentioned are cureable if the right treatment was given. He told me the same thing, if I really want to know the cause of the death, I can send my dog's body for them to perform an autopsy........ I was very mad with him because of his not-so-professional attitude.

Since then, every time I send my dogs to a vet, I will ask a lot of questions, why, how, what-if, when..........etc. I won't take an easy answer and make sure they do their work. I don't want the same incident happen again. So far I'm quite happy with the vet I visit regularly.

tanuki
Novice

Mar 16, 2009, 8:42 AM

Post #13 of 14 (13674 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JS Lew] any good vets in the cheras area??? [In reply to] Can't Post

IMHO, I won't recommend anyone to go to Segar Vet. Why?

1. They overcharge; sometimes you do not know what you are paying for.
2. They are biased to pedigree dogs; the owners (who now have 2 vets at different locations (different name) aren't too happy to see independent rescuers because they bring in stray dogs (please note: they never give rescuers a cheaper rate; the rescuers have to pay like anyone else)

Please be careful when choosing a vet. They have so many doctors coming and leaving the vet. Some left because the management plays too much politics while some should go because of death negligence.

purgymum
Novice

Jun 1, 2009, 3:17 AM

Post #14 of 14 (12626 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tanuki] any good vets in the cheras area??? [In reply to] Can't Post

sorry to hear that. if possible, i'd recommen to go Dr.Edmund Yeoh vet clinic. located in puchong. opposite putri mart. Trustworthy and passionate!

especially emergency case during weekend and night time. price reasonable.

16, Jalan Puteri 5/8,
47100 Bandar Puteri
Puchong, Selangor

Tel : 03 - 8062 1038
Mobile : 012 - 326 3180

Clinic Hours

Monday - Friday : 9.30am - 1pm, 3pm - 8pm
Wednesday : By appointment only
Saturday : 9.30am - 6pm
Sunday : 2pm - 5pm
Public Holiday : Close by Notice

Piece of advice, don't go "poliklinik haiwan ".

(This post was edited by purgymum on Jun 1, 2009, 3:59 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my