Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Green-eye Monster

ginl
ALPHA

Apr 5, 2002, 5:03 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2072 views)
Shortcut
Green-eye Monster Can't Post

Recently, I've noticed something weird about my dog's eye....he has dark eyes but one of his eyes seems to hv a uumm how do u say it....highlights? I've always thought it was the reflection of the light but last night i was looking at it again and it seems to hv this glow in it, sort of like greenish highlights....it doesn't seem like it's frm the outer layer of the eye....more like inside.....anyone ever seen this or hv any idea what it cud be? Crazy

Derrickok
Novice

Apr 5, 2002, 7:13 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2068 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Green-eye Monster [In reply to] Can't Post

It is a blemish from birth. As we all know or don't we know that any dog that carries a predominant white coat also carries albino genes. It is only a matter of time when the animal is developing, that such blemishes will surface. Sometimes they will be fully developed and at times they stopped at their tracks.
The reflection that you noticed is definitely not a growth. It is bluish-green in colour that is only visible at certain light angle. It is behind the iris or inside the pupil that when light as we know has various spectrum strikes on it will emphasis certain colours.
I doubt very much that it will develop further, and there is no cause for alarm.
However, we you refuse to accept above explanation, perhaps an alternative explanation in lighter vein might help!
I was happy and contented with a 3 course meal, but you proposed on an 8 course with 'freshly' selected items from the wet market. It is of little wonder that Biscuit got jealous eyeSly
OR
When I was young and innocent I also heard old wife,s tale that when children turn peeping toms, they also suffered a lower eye lid boil. The evidence is apparent and you are found guilty without further ado. As for Biscuit, you know what to do.Unimpressed

Well, your consultant has given his views, let's see who else can contribute.

ginl
ALPHA

Apr 5, 2002, 8:52 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2065 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Green-eye Monster [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you Mr. C for your advice. I am relieved phew.... Just for info purpose, this sort of blemish, is it considered a fault if the dog was to enter into a show? Say the breed calls for dark eyes and the judge got blinded with the sudden ray of light when he tries to inspect the eyes at certain angle Pirate

If the old wife's tale is true then i am not guilty....it is Biscuit who is the guilty one for being a peeping tom

Derrickok
Novice

Apr 5, 2002, 9:50 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2059 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Green-eye Monster [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear g i n l,Mad tried and tried, can never pronounce itCrazy
Who is Mr.C? Dikshunnary says under alphabet 'C' can also mean cabbage, cactus, calamity, captain,cassanova............... until it comes to cute and then followed by cu Ssstop! Behrenti! sudah full tank.Unimpressed
If it is not very noticable, the judge may also not notice it. No judge will inspect the eyes, although they will inspect the teeth for correct bite
If you are really interested to known the true definition of albino, please go to a pet shop look for a pure white wabbit. Red eyes, pink nose, white nails, pink skin, and pink testis. In fact everything about this wabbit is pink.
I have no further comment on this subject except your Mr.C.Shocked

ginl
ALPHA

Apr 5, 2002, 10:05 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2057 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Green-eye Monster [In reply to] Can't Post

It is a tongue twister....takes practice Laugh

Mr. C mah Mr. Consultant lor.....i lazy to type C....o....n...s....u....l.....t.....a......n.....t mah.....

U do know what the word Consultant actually means, don't u? According to Dilbert Book of Management, a Consultant means to "Con + Insult" his/her client Cool

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my