Home: Breed Specific: Toy Group:
Problem & FOOD for Shih Tzu

yoko_zimi
Dog Kichi

Aug 22, 2007, 10:30 PM

Post #1 of 16 (2976 views)
Shortcut
Problem & FOOD for Shih Tzu Can't Post

hey there, i would like to to asked, my bear bear (shih tzu) seem like to scratch & bite it's tight & legs .. i just get it groom and now he still keep biting, i notice the part seem getting bald.. PLS HELP~!

Btw any brand of food & shampoo is best for shit tzu ?

Pls help

JustineBiBi

Aug 23, 2007, 1:30 AM

Post #2 of 16 (2971 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yoko_zimi] Problem & FOOD for Shih Tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

hi yoko_zimi,

shih tzu scratching ... maybe he's getting bored and he'll scratch here and there. sometimes, he'll also lick his legs too. if after grooming, your groomer didnt mention to you that your bear bear got ticks... then it'll be ok. maybe you can spare sometime to play or get some toys for bear bear.

yoko_zimi
Dog Kichi

Aug 23, 2007, 1:47 AM

Post #3 of 16 (2969 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JustineBiBi] Problem & FOOD for Shih Tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi JustineBiBi, my bear bear wont be bored la, he d have 3 toys with him now.. and he alwiz run here n there for food then my sis they all keep playing with him.. i realised maybe some insect bite him as i found some small red dot on it body .. got any lotion can apply to cure the itchyness?

for his food any brand to recommend ?

Lil_Gizmo
Novice

Aug 24, 2007, 10:13 PM

Post #4 of 16 (2955 views)
Shortcut

Gizmo has tat prob too... i've changed his kibbles n shampoo lately but din notice any difference. My baby tends to scratch his ears and neck. I've been diligently cleaning his ears and checkin for fleas n ticks but to no avail. Unsure

yoko_zimi
Dog Kichi

Aug 24, 2007, 10:34 PM

Post #5 of 16 (2950 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lil_Gizmo] Problem & FOOD for Shih Tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

then how ar ..

i planning to bring bear bear to vet .. Frown

Lil_Gizmo
Novice

Aug 25, 2007, 7:29 PM

Post #6 of 16 (2942 views)
Shortcut

Brought Gizmo to the vet last nite, the vet checked and confirmed he has ear mites. Poor lil Giz, he accidentally scratched his eyes yest causing major infection (had some greenish discharge). He is feeling betta today tho...running n jumping as usual but i can still see some discharge from his right eyes Unsure. Hope he will recover soon *fingers crossed*

Anyway... betta bring your bear bear to the vet asap!

(This post was edited by Lil_Gizmo on Aug 25, 2007, 7:33 PM)

yoko_zimi
Dog Kichi

Aug 25, 2007, 7:33 PM

Post #7 of 16 (2939 views)
Shortcut

i've check thoroughly bear bear's body .. cant find any mites wor .. then how you tel the vet about your Gizmo?

Lil_Gizmo
Novice

Aug 27, 2007, 7:07 AM

Post #8 of 16 (2916 views)
Shortcut

i dont hav to say much.. Gizmo cant open his eyes and there were some greenish pus on his eyelids due to the infection. The vet suspected that Gizmo scratched his eyes, so he tested his ears for mites.. and it turn out positive Mad

Btw, Gizmo is feelin much betta now... backed to normal dy .. just have to cont with his medication n eye drops now....

yoko_zimi
Dog Kichi

Aug 27, 2007, 7:25 PM

Post #9 of 16 (2908 views)
Shortcut

oh... that great to know ur Gizmo getting better .. congrat ya

JustineBiBi

Aug 29, 2007, 7:12 PM

Post #10 of 16 (2889 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi JustineBiBi, my bear bear wont be bored la, he d have 3 toys with him now.. and he alwiz run here n there for food then my sis they all keep playing with him.. i realised maybe some insect bite him as i found some small red dot on it body .. got any lotion can apply to cure the itchyness?

sometime, shih tzu is really manja. even though they have toys, yet they still need their "papa n mummy" to spare time to play with them. just like mine. my shih tzu n m.schnauzer have boxes of toys... but, they rather don't want the toys and keep following me here and there asking to play with them. sometimes, i ignore them... there... they scratch here and there... it is usual.

red spots ... maybe caused by the hot weather. u can purchase the hot spots spray from the pet shops. spray bear bear whenever he scratches the red spots area. or... u can get wet cloth and wipe the red spots area.

is bear bear allergy to food? maybe you can observe sometime first. oh ya... are you keep changing bear bear's food? if you buy new brand food for him/ she, you can let him/ she try small amount first and observe carefully... if nothing happen and he/ she likes the food... then you can keep going with the brand. how old is bear bear?

yoko_zimi
Dog Kichi

Aug 29, 2007, 9:05 PM

Post #11 of 16 (2879 views)
Shortcut

hi.. the hot spots spray , got any brand? coz so far i didnt see this type pf spray in pet shop wor ..

My bear bear now is abt 4 yrs old .. hee

JustineBiBi

Sep 1, 2007, 8:51 PM

Post #12 of 16 (2837 views)
Shortcut

i've forgotten the brand... or u can try to ask the pet shop assistant, any spray for the red spot? i think it costs RM 33/-... try to check it out. previously, i got 1, but get stollen....

yoko_zimi
Dog Kichi

Sep 3, 2007, 9:31 PM

Post #13 of 16 (2827 views)
Shortcut

get stollen ... Wah .. so serious ... so bad to stole your baby thingy ..

JustineBiBi

Sep 5, 2007, 12:45 AM

Post #14 of 16 (2809 views)
Shortcut

i left my furkids 'make up' box somewhere outside. when i realised, couldn't find the box forever.... rugi oh....

yoko_zimi
Dog Kichi

Sep 5, 2007, 2:27 AM

Post #15 of 16 (2804 views)
Shortcut

oh.. really sim tia ya... im going to get some flea spray for my bear bear .. he seems keep sracthing himself lately.. then my dad found a black color insect, it move very very fast .. my dad said it's a cat flea.. so disgusting .. MadCrazy

JustineBiBi

Sep 7, 2007, 12:02 AM

Post #16 of 16 (2781 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

BiBi n Austin eat Califonia Natural...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my