Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
feet getting wet after peeing... help!!!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

JustineBiBi

Aug 22, 2007, 3:44 AM

Post #1 of 38 (8028 views)
Shortcut
feet getting wet after peeing... help!!! Can't Post

hi all dog lovers...

currently, i'm having 2 dogs with me.. shih tzu n m.schnauzer. they r toilet trained. but, the problem is after peeing... they'll have wet n smelly feet especially my ms. i've trained them to pee n poo on the newspaper. they follow what they've taught. they didnt do wrong things when come to pee n poo. they'll on pee n poo at the wrong place if the newspaper is dirty.

that's why i need to observe very carefully when they pee. even under observation, they'll still get their feet wet. how to avoid this? anyone can give suggestions?

besides, i'm going to move to new house soon. so, i need to retrain them. any idea i can prepare a "new idea" and train them to pee n poo in the new place????

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Aug 23, 2007, 11:21 PM

Post #2 of 38 (8002 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JustineBiBi] feet getting wet after peeing... help!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hie, i got the exact problems with my poodle, she is very well toilet trained, only pee on the newspaper but the thing is that newspaper cannot soak up water so i placed 2 newspaper area for her, one in the toilet and another one in my room but whenever the newspaper is soiled, she wont go do her business there already and if u forgot to change the sheets then she will do her business on the floor.

So now, i bought these Wee Wee Pads from Jusco, i believe its 102 pcs for Rm49.90. it can soak their pee lor and it wont be so messy liao..either that or u can try to use cloth lor..just wash the cloth nia lor..

i find that newspaper very messy cos cant soak water and once they step on their pee right, it will stain my floor also making it sticky but im very happy using the wee wee pads now..

JustineBiBi

Aug 29, 2007, 6:44 PM

Post #3 of 38 (7937 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessyca_loh] feet getting wet after peeing... help!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi jessyca,

wee wee pads... from Jusco? i'll try to look out for that. thanks for sharing your experience...

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Aug 30, 2007, 6:48 PM

Post #4 of 38 (7922 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JustineBiBi] feet getting wet after peeing... help!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

HI, i attached the package image for you so u can easily identify it when u go shopping in Jusco. Tongue
Attachments: DSC00704.JPG (135 KB)

JustineBiBi

Sep 1, 2007, 8:20 PM

Post #5 of 38 (7868 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessyca_loh] feet getting wet after peeing... help!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks... i get it. by the way, how long u use for a packet? r u using it with the pee n poo tray? or we can just use it independently?

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Sep 2, 2007, 6:59 AM

Post #6 of 38 (7855 views)
Shortcut

Erm i bought it few mths back kua, normally hor i changed it like few days only or wait till its almost full / smelly. Cos i got bring Nana out for walks and she will relieve herself then also..so she seldom pee at home di..

I bought this cat litter and placed the wee wee pad in the litter lor but u can actually use it independently so that ur furkid dun have to jump into the tray lor..Nana is quite small size so still can squat n poo in the tray...i think bigger dogs that have bigger ass may not pee or poo properly on the tray liao..hehe.

lu
Novice

Sep 3, 2007, 9:08 AM

Post #7 of 38 (7819 views)
Shortcut

Hi, I have the same problem with my pup, she wets her feet after peeing, and making mess on the floor...

how do you actually attract the pup to the pad?? Unsure

Is it available at every Jusco? Wchich particular Jusco did you buy it from?

JustineBiBi

Sep 3, 2007, 8:10 PM

Post #8 of 38 (7798 views)
Shortcut

oic... u bring ur dog to walk walk everyday...

as for my 2 dogs, BiBi (shih tzu) n Austin (m.schnauzer) will only stay at home... seldom bring them out as i m pregnant now.

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Sep 4, 2007, 5:43 AM

Post #9 of 38 (7775 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lu] feet getting wet after peeing... help!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm from Penang so there is only 1 Jusco here which is Queensbay Mall. Not sure about KL lor..erm what i did previously was Nana was used to newspaper, so i dab a bit of her wee on the wee wee pads for her to smell and placed it on her usual weeing spot, she knows how to go wee there, no need to use oher method to attract her one, just use her own pee. Wink

lu
Novice

Sep 4, 2007, 7:50 AM

Post #10 of 38 (7770 views)
Shortcut

haha.. because I just get my puppy and she isnt newspaper train. I think I can skip the newspaper and just introduce the pad? More hygene rite Blush

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Sep 4, 2007, 8:51 PM

Post #11 of 38 (7747 views)
Shortcut

hey hey...long time no chat ah.

Wahh use their own wee and place on where u want them to do it can work kah? The only time I remember using that method and worked is when my friend first brought back her Persian queen lah......morning brought back the queen, by nightfall already know where to do her business liao.

I've tried using that method on both my dogs and neither worked! I've got this whole pack of wee wee pads brought back from US and till now only 5 out of 100 pieces is used. Hahahahahaha 2 was used to place in Rascal's cage while flying him home, 1 was used in Malaysia cos I wanted to train him to do it indoor which ended being his chew toy and the last piece was used trying to train Gizmo which ended becoming his bed! Crazy

Now, both of them do their business outdoor. When gizmo betul betul tak boleh tahan, he will sendiri go to the bathroom with a sitting bowl to do his business.

The balance 95 pieces of wee wee pads, just sitting in a box. Donnu what to do with it. Since I got it free with Rascal's adoption, wonder if PAWS needs it. Smile

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

JustineBiBi

Sep 4, 2007, 8:56 PM

Post #12 of 38 (7747 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
HI, i attached the package image for you so u can easily identify it when u go shopping in Jusco. Tongue

thanks, i got the image. i just went to a few pet shops nearby in jb... but none of them got the wee wee pads / pet pads like the packet u bought from jusco. the pack that selling is on 10 pads or above... not till 100 over. and the price also a bit expensive compare to what u bought. don't know whether the wee wee pads available in jb jusco?? by the way, jessyca, where u from?

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Sep 4, 2007, 11:54 PM

Post #13 of 38 (7740 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] feet getting wet after peeing... help!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wah lau ..... since you got so many pads and you intend to give it away, can i get it from you ah? I stay at PJU 1A/41 near Ara Damansara, near PAWS lah. I no shy to ask since you got so many and intending to give away.

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Sep 5, 2007, 1:03 AM

Post #14 of 38 (7735 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] feet getting wet after peeing... help!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Hi, yalor been a bit low key liao in pp.com these days..kinda busy at work..

I guess Nana was trained on newspaper before that's y it was kinda easy to train her to use the wee wee pads lor, i just dab her wee from the newspaper to the wee wee pads nia and she knows how to do her business there liao..

I dare not allow Nana to go outdoors, afraid of those ppl who likes to kidnap dogs and go sell them..i only bring them for walks if i go back early lor..if i take Nana out for walks, she will do her business less at home one..thats y her wee wee pads can last me days without changing...or i wait until her pads are damn smelly then only i throw them away..hehe

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Sep 5, 2007, 1:06 AM

Post #15 of 38 (7734 views)
Shortcut

Im from Penang...u can try to ask this person, Yang from http://www.homeapet.com/viewtopic.php?t=3114

he sells wee wee pads..

JustineBiBi

Sep 11, 2007, 10:55 PM

Post #16 of 38 (7547 views)
Shortcut

thanks...! i'll check with him. hopefully the wee wee pad can help me to solve the problems....

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Sep 12, 2007, 1:48 AM

Post #17 of 38 (7546 views)
Shortcut

My Chi also faces the same problem. When she wee in the cat litter, she won't go in to poo anymore until we change the newspaper. And also, if she pee on newspaper, she always get her feet wet and we will get mad cause she will leave a dirty trail behind after she wee. So, i bought the last 2 packets of wee wee pad from Jusco that should last me for at least 6 months and place it in a cat litter. Now, her feet is dry after peeing but still need to wipe the access from her private part after she wee. Still got some left behind - a drop or two la. Most of the wee wee pad sold in pet shop is very expensive but the one in Jusco is cheap - 102 pcs for RM49.90. About RM0.50 each. Petshop sells about RM50 and above for 30 pcs. Very expensive.

zephyros
Canine Addict

Sep 13, 2007, 9:00 PM

Post #18 of 38 (7504 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dowk2301] feet getting wet after peeing... help!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

if you can train the doggy to not sniff to hard on the litter and "dig" it, cat litter works wonders.

mine has this issue too, so what we do is give it a good towel wipe everytime before coming back into the house (his toilet is in the wash area)

JustineBiBi

Sep 14, 2007, 8:19 PM

Post #19 of 38 (7482 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dowk2301] feet getting wet after peeing... help!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
My Chi also faces the same problem. When she wee in the cat litter, she won't go in to poo anymore until we change the newspaper. And also, if she pee on newspaper, she always get her feet wet and we will get mad cause she will leave a dirty trail behind after she wee. So, i bought the last 2 packets of wee wee pad from Jusco that should last me for at least 6 months and place it in a cat litter. Now, her feet is dry after peeing but still need to wipe the access from her private part after she wee. Still got some left behind - a drop or two la. Most of the wee wee pad sold in pet shop is very expensive but the one in Jusco is cheap - 102 pcs for RM49.90. About RM0.50 each. Petshop sells about RM50 and above for 30 pcs. Very expensive.

is every jusco in malaysia got sell this wee wee pad? i not yet go to check the jusco nearby. hopefully got... i agree, the pad that the pet shop sell is quite expensive if compare to the one u bought.

oh ya... how often u change the wee wee pad everytime after use?

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Sep 14, 2007, 9:54 PM

Post #20 of 38 (7476 views)
Shortcut

I assume so that all Jusco sells it. But for 1-U, sorry .... I bought the last 2 packs. They may replenish the stocks. I change the wee wee pad about 2 days once. Don't want to waste and change everyday. Ranging from 1.5 days to 2 days 1 pad. Quite cheap to use and maintain compared to the ones from pet shop. Also very convenient cause when I use newspaper, once the wee wee sips thru, all is wet and soggy. But for wee wee pad, it is dry underneath and to clean is easier. You should try it and it is worth it too. RM0.50 a day or RM0.25 for 2 days is worth it. Pup paws are dry and easier to manage.

JustineBiBi

Sep 21, 2007, 9:54 PM

Post #21 of 38 (7322 views)
Shortcut

dowk2301 & jessyca,

i went to search the wee wee pads in jusco here in jb... not available. what do u think ig using the pee tray? but, using the pee tray, i m afraid they will not go there to pee...

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Sep 21, 2007, 10:00 PM

Post #22 of 38 (7320 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I think u can try the tray but u need to put like old cloth or something to absorb it lor, even if ur puppy knows how to pee on the tray, her feet would still be wet if there is nothing to absorb it..its either u want to place a newspaper, old cloth or those cheap kitchen towels..as long as there is something to absorb the wee..

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Sep 21, 2007, 10:15 PM

Post #23 of 38 (7318 views)
Shortcut

My Chi is trained to wee in the cat litter box and I used to place newspaper in it. The frustration is that newspaper cannot absorb the wee fast and my furkid always comes out of it with wet feet and stain the floor. So, I bought the cat litter tray with plastic mesh. Under the mesh, i place the wee wee pad. So, when my Chi goes to wee, the wee will sip thru the plastic mesh onto the wee pad. So, the feet are dry BUT the private part sometimes have excess. We still need to wipe the excess off so that there are no wee drop on the floor. Feet are dry now.

JustineBiBi

Sep 21, 2007, 10:36 PM

Post #24 of 38 (7314 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
ok... i'll try this. thanks...

J-J
Dog Kichi

Sep 24, 2007, 11:52 PM

Post #25 of 38 (7190 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I assume so that all Jusco sells it. But for 1-U, sorry .... I bought the last 2 packs. They may replenish the stocks.

dowk: ask u ah... which part of 1U jusco didcha find d wee wee pads? d home improvement section downstairs ka - near d car assessories section (what used to be ikea)? i was looking around d main section, where dey hv electrical items and oth household stuff... can't find it anywhere. Blush mayb sumting wrong wif my eyes! ShockedLaugh

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my