Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
Chi Dropping Hair

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Aug 14, 2007, 4:55 PM

Post #1 of 2 (878 views)
Shortcut
Chi Dropping Hair Can't Post

Need some advise from anyone on Chi. My Chi is about 3.5 months old but I have noticed since 3 days ago that she is dropping quite a lot of hair. Some fur on her body is thinning and it looks like patches. Is it normal? Can someone please advise me on these questions :

1. I believe my pup Chi is shedding her fur to grow new ones. Can anyone confirm this? Not sure if it is too young to change her fur.

2. I read that dogs shed to change fur at least twice a year. How long does each period last? How fast does the fur grows back?

3. Do I need to give anything or administer anything on the dog when they are shedding fur?

4. Though the apartment is messy a bit with fur flying around, is there any remedy for this?

5. Normally at what period do they shed fur?

Hope someone would be kind enough to explain and advise. Thank you.

janthk
Canine Addict

Aug 14, 2007, 5:58 PM

Post #2 of 2 (876 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dowk2301] Chi Dropping Hair [In reply to] Can't Post

A good remedy to stop fextensive fur shedding is Salmon Oil. I too had the same problem where my dog's fur was shedding non stop. I tried giving her salmon oil and two weeks after that it stopped shedding. The fur also become very soft and the colour intensify. I give my dogs the salmon oil in capsules. The kind that they sell in the pharmacy for human. I give them on alternate days cause the dossage per capsule might be too much if I give them everyday.

Good luck!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my