Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
Shih tzu after grooming ...

yoko_zimi
Dog Kichi

Aug 14, 2007, 12:19 AM

Post #1 of 17 (3043 views)
Shortcut
Shih tzu after grooming ... Can't Post

help ... i just sent my bear bear for grooming .. they gave my bear bear a very neat groom...

My bear bear use to have a long hair... now become very short.. and when it returned home.. he looked very sad .. and don bother us even we offer him his favorite treats .. Frown

He keep hiding under the table , chair n bed ... when it come out also walk walk run run a bit .. then wil sit down quickly .. Mad..

Is it he feel sad with his new hair cut ???????

my_crystal929
Enthusiast

Aug 14, 2007, 2:29 AM

Post #2 of 17 (3033 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yoko_zimi] Shih tzu after grooming ... [In reply to] Can't Post

haah, ur bear bear situation just reminds me of my pomeraniam (keep in my mum house). My sister use to groom him once a mth.. and you ll realise that his sad face after his "new look", even you offer him " hotdog" also no use.. i always like to "perli" him, like " so ugly look" , he will turn his body and show you his buttock and will not look at you.. no dinner for that whole night (sad mah.. ha....)

i still remember 1 time i sent my alaskan for bathing at petsaloon (at pudu), the guy never ask my approval and trimmed up my alaskan, suddenly become "round and short", she supposed to be long hair!! since that time, i nver send her back again to tht saloon, as their skills also not that good..

yoko_zimi
Dog Kichi

Aug 14, 2007, 5:37 PM

Post #3 of 17 (3020 views)
Shortcut
Re: [my_crystal929] Shih tzu after grooming ... [In reply to] Can't Post

OH .. thats worse ..

so hows ur pomeraniam after that? how long it take to back to normal ?

my_crystal929
Enthusiast

Aug 15, 2007, 5:55 PM

Post #4 of 17 (2997 views)
Shortcut

few days only then should be fine.. so, how's ur shih tzu now? still hiding him/her self?

yoko_zimi
Dog Kichi

Aug 15, 2007, 6:57 PM

Post #5 of 17 (2994 views)
Shortcut

em.. he seem better a bit.. but stil like not get use to his new hair style la.. Wink

my_crystal929
Enthusiast

Aug 15, 2007, 11:14 PM

Post #6 of 17 (2976 views)
Shortcut

ha.. goodlah.. if he doent like it, next time just let the petshop know, maybe not too short.. normally i send roxy for bathing only each visit cost me rm50..

crystal & roxy

yoko_zimi
Dog Kichi

Aug 15, 2007, 11:25 PM

Post #7 of 17 (2974 views)
Shortcut

cannot la.. , bear bear have too much tangles.... so groom his hair short is the best solution .. Frown

how come ur roxy bathing only also cost 50 ar? bery expensive ya.. my bear bear grooming, cut nails, bathing only 65 ler .. Cool

my_crystal929
Enthusiast

Aug 16, 2007, 1:07 AM

Post #8 of 17 (2968 views)
Shortcut

different size different price mah.. futhermore, she is still a puppy, 6 mth plus oledy medium-large, another year plus to grow..easily 50kg. by that time, different price again..Crazy

found another petsaloon at Desa Sri Hartamas offer all type of grooming packages at reasonable price. large breed dog like mine (fully grown) only RM100 including Spa!! (all doggies nowadays very good life then human) so, where do you normally send him for grooming?Shocked

crystal & roxy

yoko_zimi
Dog Kichi

Aug 16, 2007, 7:29 AM

Post #9 of 17 (2957 views)
Shortcut

DOG ‚r‚o‚`Shocked1st time heard about that ler .. anyway im from penang.. so the pet shop also located at penang .. hee ..

my_crystal929
Enthusiast

Aug 21, 2007, 6:19 PM

Post #10 of 17 (2857 views)
Shortcut

oh, you are from penangShocked..my husband hometown is perlis(2 hours different), but i m local. so, where do you normally hang around with ur doggie? any dog event/show at penang?

crystal & roxy

yoko_zimi
Dog Kichi

Aug 21, 2007, 6:32 PM

Post #11 of 17 (2855 views)
Shortcut

em.. i just jointhis forum not long ago.. heard that they have events for gathering .. coming up wil b in OCT.. dono my bear bear can join o not .. coz he kinda naughty n cant tolerate with other dogs.. worry me .. Frown

shannie
Novice

Oct 29, 2007, 8:24 AM

Post #12 of 17 (2394 views)
Shortcut

hi Smile

i read your post and would like to ask your advice....i sent my shih tzu for grooming and the fur is cut very short....my puppy now refuse to do anything, walk and run abit only....he also don't dare to lie down to sleep, just sit until he fall asleep....i'm very worried about him....
how long did it take for your shih tzu to get back to normal again?

thanks

yoko_zimi
Dog Kichi

Oct 29, 2007, 6:30 PM

Post #13 of 17 (2390 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shannie] Shih tzu after grooming ... [In reply to] Can't Post

hi shannie ,

i understand ur feeling, u have to pay more attention to ur pup, this time is the shortest groom you puppy ever had ?

the 1st time , my bear bear took about 1 week, then 2nd time he took about 4-5 days.. he just refuse to eat, don dare to walk ard when people around... it's normal.. he might feel cold during this period .. when his hair grow back a bit longer .. they wil feel more confortable and he wil back to normal... the most important thing "DON LAUGH AT HIM" .. hope your puppy get back to normal soon

shannie
Novice

Oct 30, 2007, 8:58 AM

Post #14 of 17 (2370 views)
Shortcut

thank you very much for your reply.....yeah, this is his first time for such short groom....he seems a little better today that he can at least lie down to sleep BUT now there's another problem, he is not eating and has vomitted twice Frown some kind of yellow stuff....

thinking of bringing him to the vet tomorrow....hopefully he'll be alright soon like before....anyway, thanks again for your reply and nice knowing you too Frown

yoko_zimi
Dog Kichi

Oct 30, 2007, 7:48 PM

Post #15 of 17 (2343 views)
Shortcut

huh... so serious ar.. my bear bear never encounter vomitting after the short groom.. do you feed him anything wrong???? don eat is normal... as they r too sad for the new look ... if still keep on vomitting then better bring them to vets.. btw where u from ? im from penang.. nice to know you Wink

hope your baby RECOVER soon

shannie
Novice

Oct 31, 2007, 7:17 AM

Post #16 of 17 (2329 views)
Shortcut

brought my puppy to the vet today....the vet said that mika is too frighten from the grooming and therefore not sleeping....he's eating a little already....hopefully he'll be alright soon...

i'm from KL Smile

yoko_zimi
Dog Kichi

Oct 31, 2007, 6:00 PM

Post #17 of 17 (2318 views)
Shortcut

oo.. thats good to hear that ... Wink

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my