Pet Esthe Charcoal Series

Lil_Gizmo
Novice

Aug 8, 2007, 8:01 AM

Post #1 of 11 (2151 views)
Shortcut
Pet Esthe Charcoal Series Can't Post

Hiyes!

Just wondering if anyone knows bout Pet Esthe Charcoal Shampoo & conditioner?? I heard this range of product is very effective in eliminating dog odour. My puppy is still very young, so i'm currently using puppy shampoo on it. Tot of switching to this product when it reaches 6 mths as my parents are complaining of his smell already Unsure

Btw, is it true that Blackwood kibbles causes smelly poo poo too??

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Aug 8, 2007, 9:18 PM

Post #2 of 11 (2136 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lil_Gizmo] Pet Esthe Charcoal Series [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes yes, at least that's the result in my dogs lah. Blackwood gives a lot of poo poo lah. Crazy Luckily tried the small bag only. Lucky never buy the 7kg bag. Crazy

Puppy got smell? Spray cologne lah . Yeah yeah, cologne is not cheap, that I agree. The Lambart and Kay Fresh 'n' Clean Floral scent cologne is quite good. It's quite a calm smell unlike some. Can pengsan mann.... Crazy I got mine from Singapore but I think I saw them selling it in 1U. I only used cologne to mask their smell when i'm lazy to bath them. hahahahaha Wink

Aiya, by the time ur puppy is 6 months old, i think ur parent's smelling sense sudah numb lah. They will get used to his body smell one. As for smelly pee and smelly poo, there's a product which I used to put in their drinking water to help reduce pee and poo smell as well as bad breath. It's called OxyFresh. Just put into their drinking water and most will see results in about 3-5 days. Almost all the big pet shops carry it now. Last time, so hard to get mannn, I like orang gila go to almost every pet shop and ask them "Do u all have a kind of solution where I can put into my dog's drinking water to help freshen his breath and also reduce the smell of his urine and poo" They all look at me as if i'm Luckily bought a big bottle from US and brought back (different brand). So have to jimat jimat use lor. Then lately I see, almost every pet shop carry it liao. U can try this out lah.

Then again puppy smell also because they get pee and poo all over themselves. When I first took Gizmo home, i think for the whole month or so, he literally smelt of pee. Here I bath him, 2 hours later, he stinks of pee again. Crazy But now no more lor. Either that, my nose is immune to it laio. Tongue

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

goofydip
Veteran

Aug 9, 2007, 12:06 AM

Post #3 of 11 (2127 views)
Shortcut

I've tried this charcoal shampoo... fresh smell.. Not those heavy fragrant smell..but fresh fresh clean smell one.. I couldn't see much for the fur coz my doggie short coat, can't see obvious result, but when my sis tried it on our family doggie (pekingese), the fur real soft soft one..

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

Lil_Gizmo
Novice

Aug 9, 2007, 5:50 AM

Post #4 of 11 (2114 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] Pet Esthe Charcoal Series [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks steffy! Think i will try to change Gizmo's kibbles gradually ...he is currently on Blackwood as recommended by our breeder. Did some research on my own... saw some excellent reviews on Innova, Canidae & California Natural brands. Have u try any of those brands for puppy?? Tot of gettin Innova bcos of its natural ingredients..but i'm still a newbie in all these...hope u guys can advise.

http://www.innovapet.com/...s/default.asp?id=502

As for the product to reduce pee n poo's smell... think tats some sort of chemical isnt it?? I'm just afraid it might hav some side effects on lil gizmo...afterall he is juz 8 weeks old. Blush

Lil_Gizmo
Novice

Aug 9, 2007, 5:52 AM

Post #5 of 11 (2113 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] Pet Esthe Charcoal Series [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey tats great... do u think i can use it on puppy? Consulted the sales assistant in pet shop...they said its fine, but i'm just worried the substance may b too harsh on puppy

joantan
Dog Kichi

Aug 9, 2007, 4:32 PM

Post #6 of 11 (2106 views)
Shortcut

It's fine to use on puppies but because of how well it cleans, it can be a bit dry. You will need to use the conditioner as well. Where are you located? I have a sample packet which you can try first. I can pass to you if you are in the Sunway area. :)

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Aug 10, 2007, 12:44 AM

Post #7 of 11 (2091 views)
Shortcut

It's definitely some form of chemical, but don be scared just by the term CHEMICAL, as not all chemical compound are hazardous.

I donnu if its bad or not but the minute I got Gizmo also bout 8 weeks old, I already let him drink it because Rascal is taking it. Rascal has been drowning himself with that thing ever since he wandered off from his original parents. The pet kennels where I picked him up from uses it for all their dogs. That's how I learned about it initially but never really bothered till my friends actually highly recommended it. So far no problem unless u wanna take into consideration situations like vomitting and a broken leg a problem lah. If not they are fine.

U better not start so high protein for ur puppy yet. Stick to brands with protein content like blackwood. Innova I think the protein content is of a category higher than blackwood. Scared too high protein will pose a skin problem to ur pup. Wait till he is older then slowly move up the ladder lor. I noticed smaller dogs cannot take kibble of too high protein. Not good for their kidneys and besides smaller dogs don need that much protein. I'm also slowly taking rascal off the Innova EVO. >40% protein i think it's too much for him now since he no longer chases wild rabbits and birds in a large football field. Most of the time just sit at home and laze around. So now I'm downgrading him. Tongue See how's the effect.

Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

Lil_Gizmo
Novice

Aug 10, 2007, 4:25 AM

Post #8 of 11 (2086 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joantan] Pet Esthe Charcoal Series [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Joan... i think i will get one for Gizmo when he is a lil older. Great to hear tat someone has actually tried the product with positive results

Lil_Gizmo
Novice

Aug 10, 2007, 4:29 AM

Post #9 of 11 (2085 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] Pet Esthe Charcoal Series [In reply to] Can't Post

wat other brands wud u recommend for puppies other than blackwood?? How bout canidae/california natural?? I'm hopin the change of kibbles will reduce his poo poo Blush

goofydip
Veteran

Aug 10, 2007, 7:56 PM

Post #10 of 11 (2069 views)
Shortcut

yah... i got the sample too...i learn this product from sample too..satisfy with this... another one is the Earthbath shampoo.. natural ingrediants and mild..

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Aug 10, 2007, 9:19 PM

Post #11 of 11 (2063 views)
Shortcut

U can try canidae or cali nat lor. I have not tried any of those. Actually different dogs take different brand differently. Some do extremely well with eukanuba, some with science plan while some with orijen or even innova. So u just have to experiment for urself and see which u think it's the best lor. But try to avoid orijen and innova EVO first. These 2 are about 40%++ in protein content. Too high for puppies. U can play around with the other brands and see which is the best lah.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my