Home: Behavioral Problems: Barking & Growling Problems:
NEED ADVISE PLSSSSSSSSSSS

R&D
Novice

Aug 2, 2007, 1:30 AM

Post #1 of 3 (5725 views)
Shortcut
NEED ADVISE PLSSSSSSSSSSS Can't Post

Unimpressed My colleague and myself bought 2 Shih Tzu pups and they are now 3 months old (approx) and both brothers. Our BIGGEST problem is that they can't stop barking, especially the older brother, whenever we are out of their sight. Now it's come to a stage where the younger one is also learning to bark or cry.

Daily we send them to day care and by the time we collect them, they'll be exhausted. So for the evening/night it's fine. When middle of the night and morning comes, they will bark and bark!! When we go out to scold them, they know and are scared and will stop. Once we turn our backs and walk away, they start barking again. Have tried ignoring them for long time and they still continue to bark! Unsure

Routine is every morning abt 6am, they r let out of their cage to do their business. So after abt 15 mins, I'll either put them back in the cage of let them run around a seconded area near the cage before we go to our rooms to get ready for work. When we leave the living hall, that's when the barking starts! Even when preparing their food, they bark! Have tried keeping very quiet when preparing their food (even hiding in the room) but still nothing works!

We are staying in a condo and we don't want to have a situation where we need to be vacated from our plc coz of this prob. I'm really pulling my hair coz every morning, we are rushing to get ready for work and also have to keep going out to the living area to tell them "quiet". Can't really ignore for too long as well coz there's another housemate staying with us.

PLS HELP!!!!

I'm near to crying coz don't know what to do. Can training help??? If not, then how??
()""*() ()*"()
(, 'o')( 'o', )

Have a nice day,
RD

PSY
K9 Kaki

Sep 23, 2007, 12:19 AM

Post #2 of 3 (5626 views)
Shortcut
Re: [R&D] NEED ADVISE PLSSSSSSSSSSS [In reply to] Can't Post

The breed you have are normaly noisy breed, there is not much you can do but train it. you need to know what you are getting.

Lady Eloise
Dog Kichi

Oct 1, 2007, 5:19 PM

Post #3 of 3 (5514 views)
Shortcut
Re: [R&D] NEED ADVISE PLSSSSSSSSSSS [In reply to] Can't Post

Arent they cute?

Have you heard a term call 'separation anxiety'? It is quite common for dogs when the owner left them to work in the morning or out of their sight.

It needs training and stages to do de-bark your dogs. You might want to surf the topic in the Net. I have posted ways to debark a dog few months ago.
Dog behaviorist.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my