Agresive beagle - bad behaviour

karenliew
Novice

Jul 26, 2007, 6:21 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2208 views)
Shortcut
Agresive beagle - bad behaviour Can't Post

In Reply To

Crazy help ..... my beagle too aggressive , it make me surfer in teaching her way to pee poo . Frown i put newspaper for her for pee poo , she will just make her business all around the floor and step on it . when bathing her , she run away , i have to catch her for whole process . guys .... plz give me advice !! i almost Frown .....
thx ......

zen
Enthusiast

Jul 31, 2007, 10:46 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2160 views)
Shortcut
Re: [karenliew] Agresive beagle - bad behaviour [In reply to] Can't Post

Take it slowly, you have to repeat & repeat. They are like small baby/kid, playful espeacilly Beagle. Thats what I heard from others.

What I did was I put my boy in the playpen. Put the newspaper on the floor, praise him when he peepoo on it, then try to minmise the newspaper slowly..it can takes months until I only left a small area of newspaper for him to peepoo. Eventually he will do his business on it. Normally they will peepoo after their meal or after woke up. Thats what I did, repeat & repeat then I transfer the newspaper to the toilet, he will go to the toilet when he wanna peepoo. Regarding the bath pro, I cannot help much coz my boy dont like to take bath too eventhough he is 1+yrs old.

FrownBen@Benjamin, my baby boy.Frown

The cross breed with the most amazing eyes.
http://www.colliebenjamin.blogspot.com

karenliew
Novice

Aug 27, 2007, 5:35 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1912 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zen] Agresive beagle - bad behaviour [In reply to] Can't Post

Frown hello zen ,
thx for reply me . well , my litter princess with me already 1 month , but she still cant make peepoo on newspaper . at first , she will keep away from newspaper , but now she very naugthy , will bit newspaper and shoes . so newspaper totally doenst work at all . when i go to work , i'll keep her at my car park basement . i couldnt keep her inside house otherwise my mum will Mad . atless she do peepoo outside house , i able to clean it after work .
she still dont like to take bath . i bath her once a week . she no more runing aways but jump to my body and make me get wet Crazy , conclusion , i bath with her .
my princess poo 5-6 times per day , is it normal ?? Frown

potter

Sep 26, 2007, 2:24 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1848 views)
Shortcut

Hi Karen,

I am so sorry to hear that you have some problems with your beagle. About her pooing, may I ask what brand/type of food you feed her with? Sometimes, if the dog food has a lot of fillers that cannot be digested, it will be pooed out and hence the more poop. Sometimes, some good brands that are fully digestible may help.

As for the toilet training, does she understand the fact that you want her to poo/pee on the newspaper? Maybe try changing your method of training or try getting housetraining sprays that you can find in petstores? Just spray the toilet training on the newspaper that you want her to go so that there is a scent that she can pick up on the newspaper. OR you can use a piece of newspaper and swab on her pee when she does pee and put it under the fresh pieces of newspapers that you want her to pee on. 1 month is not a short time but its not a long time either. Some dogs learn fast and some dogs learn slow just like a human. Also, if you have the time during weekend, try to stay out with her and try to catch her do the right thing and when she does it, praise her and give treats and make a big deal out of it. Some positive reinforcement may help a long way.

About bathing, my yorkie until now also don't like it. He is not scared of it but he hates it and its been a year since I bath him weekly. I don't even rinse his head. I just stop at his neck and clean his head with a damp towel so I also don't understand-maybe it takes a longer time.

Best of luck to you. Pick a good & humane training method that focus on positive reinforcement and be constant and patience with it, hopefully things will turn out good for you and your furbabe.

In Reply To
hello zen ,
thx for reply me . well , my litter princess with me already 1 month , but she still cant make peepoo on newspaper . at first , she will keep away from newspaper , but now she very naugthy , will bit newspaper and shoes . so newspaper totally doenst work at all . when i go to work , i'll keep her at my car park basement . i couldnt keep her inside house otherwise my mum will Mad . atless she do peepoo outside house , i able to clean it after work .
she still dont like to take bath . i bath her once a week . she no more runing aways but jump to my body and make me get wet Crazy , conclusion , i bath with her .
my princess poo 5-6 times per day , is it normal ??

potter

www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=410379

zephyros
Canine Addict

Oct 24, 2007, 10:57 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1784 views)
Shortcut

then u can do what i do. i use a plastic tray without anything in it. my maltese used to pull newspaper around too so i took it out.he's been using that tray alone ever since. now i've tried putting weepad in it so he won't step all over his own urine, and still works. he's used to using the tray.

as for bathing, think u just need to be more firm. hold her down till she sits quietly. then continue, as long as she continues to wiggle/jump "NO" and make her sit or something. try to go gentle on the water too. if you are spraying avoid the head. if ur using tub, try to keep water lvls below the knee lvl at first. go slow.

dog will poop as much as they eat. if he doesnt' finish pooping then yes he'll go again later. if he eats too much he'll poop a lot too. another reason is her food. some food will actually reduce the poop.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my