Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
My very first time on buying puppies*Maltese or shih tzu* need advices here :)

nazreem
New User

Jul 25, 2007, 1:52 PM

Post #1 of 6 (2287 views)
Shortcut
My very first time on buying puppies*Maltese or shih tzu* need advices here :) Can't Post

hey everyone...its been years since im attracted to a puppy called the Maltese and shih tzu's...and this year has been such a bad year for me..its been sucha lonely time so right now i need a new company i need help and tips about buying it.

*ive checked out from the forum on puppies for sale..and ive seen some that im interested..but where else can i get it*maltese or shih tzu's*
any recommendations?

*is it high-maintenance?im living in an apartment soo how do i possibly take care of it?from feeding it?to its comfortable habitat?and to his business doings *pooing and peeing*

*can i bring it around in kl?is it suitable?

MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION*

*do they bite?are they dangerious

nazreem
New User

Jul 25, 2007, 2:23 PM

Post #2 of 6 (2284 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nazreem] My very first time on buying puppies*Maltese or shih tzu* need advices here :) [In reply to] Can't Post

and im also attracted to bichon frise soo if anyone could tell me abt it,itll be great too thank you

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Jul 25, 2007, 8:00 PM

Post #3 of 6 (2281 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nazreem] My very first time on buying puppies*Maltese or shih tzu* need advices here :) [In reply to] Can't Post

of cos all dogs bite lah sayang. See how u train them lah. If u train them properly,they can be ur next best buddy mann....

Both Shi-tzu and Maltese to me are considered high-maintance like my ACS. Every month or so, have to bring go groomer to get their hair cut. Every other day have to comb if not wait whole body tangle up. Malas to comb like me, then gotta spend money buy conditioner for them. So if tangle also not so cialat. Tongue

U better check with ur management first before getting the dog. Some management are ok with it and some strictly NO. And u cant blame them because it's by law that no pets allowed in buildings higher than 2 levels. So better check with them first before landing ur ass in hot fire later on.

if everything goes well, u get the dog, management ok with it, then everything set already lah. Then it's up to u to train the fella. Where to pee/poo, where to sleep, where to play, where to eat and definitely NO BARKING! Since u stay in apt, u better don encourage the fella to bark at all. Pee/Poo can train to do it in the toilet if u want or on newspaper. U can read more on that in the toilet training section of this forum.

As for feed, feed at ur convenience lah. Set a schedule and follow that. If u leave for work at 8 and get back at 7, then u set a schedule maybe 7something AM feed once and 8 something PM feed another time lah. That one no worries lah. Easy only.

Both the malteses and shih-tzus are cute cos u can accessories them. hahahaha like put ribbons on them and get them clothes cos its easier to find a pet tee-shirt size 3 than a size 6.

As for getting them, call MKA up and ask them for a list of breeders lor. Get from a reputable breeder at least u're guaranteed its health. If u simply simply buy and got no experience in puppy picking, u might end up with a very poor health ones. Whichever source u get it from, ask to view it's parents lor. Not encourage to buy a pup if its alone. Better if u can pick from a litter.

Well keep us updated on ur decision. I'm sure u can find out more information from the other threads. Just surf around lah. Maybe u'll fall in love with one that is up for adoption in the Adoption thread. Who knows?

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

nazreem
New User

Jul 31, 2007, 3:23 AM

Post #4 of 6 (2237 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] My very first time on buying puppies*Maltese or shih tzu* need advices here :) [In reply to] Can't Post

hey steffy..thanks for the feedback...apparently ive gotten the pup already....its a mix bred of shitzu and maltese..and im lovin him every single day...the only annoying part is when he poops and pees everywhere...i dunt know how to train him....ive gotten the drops and ive dropped it on the newspaper...but he still insists in peeing everywhere else....having a hard time...hehe...im plannin on gettin a puppy house and buyng 2-3 mores...im lovin it..and the puppy thta ive got is lovin me....ehheh...thanks for the feedback...

Lil_Gizmo
Novice

Aug 9, 2007, 8:23 AM

Post #5 of 6 (2151 views)
Shortcut

hiyes nazreem..

If u r interested to get more shih tzus..i can recommend my breeder to u. He is a real doggie lover and he took such good care of my baby Gizmo. He has toy poodle, snzr and GR too. Not sure if i can post his details here, but if u r reli interested u can drop me a note.

U can check out Gizmo here .. community.webshots.com/user/Lil_Gizmo

arv
New User

Aug 27, 2007, 10:29 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1997 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lil_Gizmo] My very first time on buying puppies*Maltese or shih tzu* need advices here :) [In reply to] Can't Post

hey m looking for a breeder to buy a dog... can gimme details??

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my