Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Any recent experiences of flying dog from UK to Kota Kinabalu?

Georgy
New User

Jul 21, 2007, 12:37 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1287 views)
Shortcut
Any recent experiences of flying dog from UK to Kota Kinabalu? Can't Post

Hello

I am considering Kota Kinabalu as a place to live. I will be taking my pet dog with me from the UK where I am at the moment. I am hoping to fly him on the same aircraft as myself. I am just about to make enquiries with a couple of airlines. I have looked at the Dept of Veterinary Services website for the Import Regulations. I have 2 questions

1. Has anyone any recent experience of flying their pet from the UK to Kota Kinabalu?

2. Does anyone know where to send the Import Permit application form to. The site is not in English and unfortunately I cannot read it?

Any info would be gratefully received

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Jul 21, 2007, 7:28 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1275 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Georgy] Any recent experiences of flying dog from UK to Kota Kinabalu? [In reply to] Can't Post

I donnu if this will help:

http://agrolink.moa.my/...t/pet-imp/index.html

U can obtain the forms from there and it's in English.

U cant apply for it online. It's very troublemsome if u're in the UK and u have no friends here to do it for u. As there is no online application. U have to get the form printed out, filled it up and somehow either attach a RM5 note to it or purchase a bank draft/money order/postal order of RM5 and send it to the address given. Then when it's approved, SOMEBODY has to go and pick it up from them. They will not have it send to u. Well one year ago was like that, maybe now they have improved their service a little. U can always try ur luck.

So when I was in the US, I had to get my friends here to do it for me and have that approved import permit fedexed to me in 2 days. The courier fees for a small piece of A4 paper was 50times more expensive than the application fees of the import permit. Crazy

Or u can try arranging something with MasKargo. Since they provide the animal hotel service, u can try asking them. But be prepared to pay a high price.

Maskargo can be reached at the following:

http://www.maskargo.com/...ervices&p=import

Well good luck and let us know how everything goes.

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

Georgy
New User

Jul 24, 2007, 1:18 AM

Post #3 of 6 (1262 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] Any recent experiences of flying dog from UK to Kota Kinabalu? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello

Thank you for the reply. I have just received an email back from the Department of Veterinary Services regarding the Import Permit and they have said that I can send the form and documents by email/ or post and they will send the permit back to me by fax. I will probaly send everything by special registered delivery so that I can send the payment at the same time.

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Jul 24, 2007, 6:54 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1258 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Georgy] Any recent experiences of flying dog from UK to Kota Kinabalu? [In reply to] Can't Post

looks like they upgraded their service. Either that it's DOUBLE STANDARD! Cos u're a foreigner and they have to treat u better. I am Malaysian and hence they expected me to have family members around to do all the paper work for me.

It was exactly 1 year ago that I had to go thru that. Now they fax over? Last year they told me I gotta get a friend to go and pick it up.

Anyway have a safe journey here ok. Keep us updated then

Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

marco
New User

Jul 25, 2007, 12:17 AM

Post #5 of 6 (1255 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] Any recent experiences of flying dog from UK to Kota Kinabalu? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi

I don't know the reason why I just asked and thats the answer that I received. I don't see how they would know what nationality I was from sending an email message. It would be a bit difficult for me to pick it up myself and I don't have any family or friends to do it for me. I was going to pay a company to sort it out for me if I could not get it any other way.

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Jul 25, 2007, 12:40 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1254 views)
Shortcut
Re: [marco] Any recent experiences of flying dog from UK to Kota Kinabalu? [In reply to] Can't Post

hahaha from the way u word ur email, maybe u didnt sound Malaysian enough. Hahahaha

Oh well i called them. Maybe that's why.

I guess for ur case, it's better u get a local freight company to have everything settled for u once ur dog is here. At least you have that part settled while u settle into the new home.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my