Help! Red spot on skin Urgent!!!

Peekaboo
Novice

Jul 15, 2007, 6:18 AM

Post #1 of 6 (4783 views)
Shortcut
Help! Red spot on skin Urgent!!! Can't Post

hi,

can anyone help me?... I have a Pekingese that is 9 month old.. He is a gift from my sister friend who have to return to China and cannot take him with her. I only have him for 3 weeks only and he recently develop some red spots near its private part skin and the red spot seem to be getting from 2 3 spots to 5 6 spots. Is it hot spot or what as it got a very thick fur. Serious or just minors?. How do I treat it or should I just take it to a vet? It also seem to be itchy as I kept seeing him scatching himself there.

JustineBiBi

Sep 2, 2007, 6:38 AM

Post #2 of 6 (4638 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Peekaboo] Help! Red spot on skin Urgent!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

i hav a shih tzu... previously got long n thick coat also. as u've mentioned, ur dog got the red spot near the private part... from wat i've experienced, that is the hot spot caused by the weather or dirt of urine. u can use the wet, clean cloth to clean the area. u also can purchase the hot spots spray from the pet shop.

how is ur dog now?

Peekaboo
Novice

Sep 20, 2007, 7:01 AM

Post #3 of 6 (4526 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JustineBiBi] Help! Red spot on skin Urgent!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi.... thank you for your reply,...as you say... it hotspot. couldn't get use to the new environment as his previous owner always put him in an air con room which i don't. I bought an oilment from the pet shop and after a few days, all gone.

JustineBiBi

Sep 20, 2007, 10:57 PM

Post #4 of 6 (4503 views)
Shortcut

great to hear that... congratulations!!

nicteh
New User

Feb 19, 2008, 7:02 PM

Post #5 of 6 (4030 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi.... thank you for your reply,...as you say... it hotspot. couldn't get use to the new environment as his previous owner always put him in an air con room which i don't. I bought an oilment from the pet shop and after a few days, all gone.

May i know what oilment is that? thanks....

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 28, 2008, 7:42 AM

Post #6 of 6 (3855 views)
Shortcut

I think the reason why he's having hot spots there is becoz of the heat & sweat. Some more he's long hair so ofcourse, these problems always occur. Not to worry too much, just go to the vet, the doctor will give you some special cream & all you need is to apply it everyday on that part & it will clear. Another thing you can also do is to apply tea tree oil there or bathe him with diluted aloe vera plant/gel mixed with warm water. It should soothe him down...

(This post was edited by Amber.Faith on Feb 28, 2008, 7:51 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my