Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
I NEED HELP!

min69jie
Dog Kichi

Jul 13, 2007, 9:22 PM

Post #1 of 7 (1330 views)
Shortcut
I NEED HELP! Can't Post

im adopting an english bulldog from victoria,cameroon. i duno wer is the place. the owner is asking for US$75 for the shipping. i never done any deal juz via online, anytg i can do to make it more reliable or at least i hav some evidence in case things go wrong.
anyone can help on details for shipping dogs oversea?? i need to know whether the procedures are right or it might be a fraud.
please help...

damutznutz
Dog Kichi

Jul 14, 2007, 10:51 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1320 views)
Shortcut
Re: [min69jie] I NEED HELP! [In reply to] Can't Post

Cameroon? As in the continent of Africa? You sure this isn't just some email scam?

Sorry to sound pessimistic, but considering it is already significantly expensive to bring in a dog from say, Hong Kong or Australia, I'm thinking it's very unlikely. US$75 sounds like freight charges - and animals umm don't ship well as freight :) They have specific needs which are better catered for via flights.

I would get a lot more information before sending any money. And wouldn't it be just as easy to adopt an English Bulldog locally or from closer countries?

min69jie
Dog Kichi

Jul 14, 2007, 10:57 AM

Post #3 of 7 (1318 views)
Shortcut
Re: [damutznutz] I NEED HELP! [In reply to] Can't Post

im stil considering.n seeking for opinions from my frens.
i got it from those adoption website,initiali i tot it was local.but the puppy is too adorable to own.if its true,i mig juz lose it.some of my fren said should get a try since not-so much to pay.coz i negotiate to pay half before receiving,he said i can pay $50.

(This post was edited by min69jie on Jul 14, 2007, 11:04 AM)

damutznutz
Dog Kichi

Jul 14, 2007, 6:49 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1308 views)
Shortcut

Please do a search for the location in google, e.g. "scam dog adoption cameroon"

I noticed in the other thread someone else thought it was a scam as well. Good luck though.

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jul 14, 2007, 9:29 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1302 views)
Shortcut

to hv more opinion, why don't u just share the website with us??

where do u get the site from? email?

lotsa scam stuff from africa, website doesn't prove a thing.

u know there are fake paypal websites as well,
it looks just like the real one.

if u log in, they'll have all ur infos.

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

min69jie
Dog Kichi

Jul 15, 2007, 2:37 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1299 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] I NEED HELP! [In reply to] Can't Post

pls check this
www.yello.com.my/viewad.php?cat1=mechandise&id=22887&catid=319

i got it from here.

damutznutz
Dog Kichi

Jul 15, 2007, 10:00 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1294 views)
Shortcut

I honestly can't say one way or another looking at that posting. Now if this was EBay we could look up his transaction history and customer satisfaction rating.

Have you tried asking him for references? Perhaps other people that he has sold or adopted out his puppies to?

Judging from the listing, it's supposed to be local (as in within Malaysia) so how did the puppies end up coming from Cameroon? Or is it Cameron Highlands? So bizarre....

(This post was edited by damutznutz on Jul 15, 2007, 10:04 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my