Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Urgently need help breast cancer in Eevee?

Entwash
Novice

Jul 5, 2007, 8:22 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1200 views)
Shortcut
Urgently need help breast cancer in Eevee? Can't Post

Hi,

Please help me...

My Eevee have recently started to lactate so much that there is a lump in her breast. The vet that she was brought to in Butterworth said that she might have breast cancer and started prescribing expensive medication for her. She's also losing patches of fur but there are no real lisions on her skin. Just patches of skinless skin with slight scarb.

My mum also said she's losing a bit of her appetite but i reckoned she still looks not too bad on the webcam. I mean her size still looks healthy. The vets also said that this is unavoidable as she's old but she's just 8 which should be just a middle aged dog.

Please advice on which gov. clinic that is nearby as my mum and brothers are not too familiar with PJ or KL so I cant ask them to drive her to KL from Penang. They are currently located in Penang (mainland) while I am overseas myself. Thanks so much I really appreciate any help or suggestion from anyone.

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jul 5, 2007, 6:39 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1194 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Entwash] Urgently need help breast cancer in Eevee? [In reply to] Can't Post

First of all.

is ur dog spayed?
had any litters before?
is she nursing any puppies now?
when is her last heat?

i don't think ur dog is having breast cancer.
the vet haven't even done any test on her, biopsies etc.

a lactating bitch that hasn't been spayed, with no litter, is having a false pregnancy.
the lumps are probably milk.

stop the medication, bring her to a reputable vet,
actually there is nothing that u could do at the moment,
but to wait for the false pregnancy to end,
and with the advice of a good, vet, find a right time to spay her.

i have a female dog, spayed last year and she was 9.
ive seen a few times the false pregnancy that cause her to lactate,
and the lumps on her mammary.

remember u can't spay ur dog right now, have to wait for the right time. when she gets her cycle back to 'normal'.
and do blood test before the spay operation, just to make sure
everything is ok with her.

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

Entwash
Novice

Jul 6, 2007, 5:41 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1173 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] Urgently need help breast cancer in Eevee? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you so much for your advice.

My Eevee has never been spayed, neither have she mated before. Thus, I think your suggestion of false pregnancy is sound. I have refered her case to several vets as well and am now waiting for a confirmation of how best to deal with her diagnosis. However, I still would appreciate anyone who could email me with an idea of how much I need to send home to my mum for Eevee. My email add : entwash82@hotmail.com

Thank you so very much! You cannot imagine what relief it gives me that Eevee's cancer issue is probably misconceived.

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Jul 6, 2007, 8:37 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1160 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Entwash] Urgently need help breast cancer in Eevee? [In reply to] Can't Post

>>Please advice on which gov. clinic that is nearby as my mum and brothers are not too familiar with PJ or KL so I cant ask them to drive her to KL from Penang.<<

Ask them to call this number and enquire:

Jabatan Perkhidmatan Haiwan Pulau Pinang
Tel: 604-645 1292 /645 1296

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my