Gizmo is WARDED

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Jul 12, 2007, 7:47 PM

Post #26 of 41 (2266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] Gizmo is WARDED [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks everyone for the concern. Will be taking him in for a review this saturday. See if the cast can come off or not.

nothing gets in his way when it comes to bullying rascal.

Btw, rascal is in my ID picture. Hahahaha must be dreaming that he is in the land of fried chicken!!

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jul 13, 2007, 9:15 AM

Post #27 of 41 (2258 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] Gizmo is WARDED [In reply to] Can't Post

ur vet ask u to limit his movement ler wei....
if u tell the vet that he has been climbing stairs , bullying
the big dog, scurrying around... .. SlyLaughFrown

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Jul 15, 2007, 1:31 AM

Post #28 of 41 (2249 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] Gizmo is WARDED [In reply to] Can't Post

just came back from the vet. Yea lah the vet also tell me to limit his movement. How lah? 5 months old pup lei....if i can make him sit still for even 3 mins, i should nominate myself for nobel prize mannn.....Crazy

He move so much that the cast dropped a little. So they had to push it up again and this time put a bandage around it and around his torso. So it's hooked up to his body now and hopefully wont fall off again. Now he looks half paralysed. hahahahah Laugh

Now 3 more weeks only remove cast. that's cause i asked for saturday's appointment. Like govn clinic mann....if change appointment have to push even later. Reminds me of the days when i was on orthodontic treatment. Cannot make for next appointment, suddenly kena push until next month. Crazy

Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jul 15, 2007, 1:47 AM

Post #29 of 41 (2248 views)
Shortcut

put him in a crate lei..... Sly
or just tambat him at one corner 23H aday.. Unimpressed

Don't Lost your dogs!!

(This post was edited by supermutts on Jul 15, 2007, 1:48 AM)

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Jul 15, 2007, 2:02 AM

Post #30 of 41 (2245 views)
Shortcut

aiyoo if one go into crate, the other also must kurung together. Then they wont make noise. If not, sure bising bising as if he is getting rape in the ass. Crazy in case u havent know, Gizmo nickname is DRAMA KING!

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jul 15, 2007, 2:30 AM

Post #31 of 41 (2244 views)
Shortcut

what if u drape a black cloth on the crate.... LaughSly

Don't Lost your dogs!!

zen
Enthusiast

Jul 31, 2007, 11:38 PM

Post #32 of 41 (2222 views)
Shortcut

Oh poor baby. I guess Gizmo is fully recover by now huh??

He is really cute and poor baby, Im sure Gizmo wanna bite it off huh with the thiny on the leg.

FrownBen@Benjamin, my baby boy.Frown

The cross breed with the most amazing eyes.
http://www.colliebenjamin.blogspot.com

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Aug 2, 2007, 8:58 PM

Post #33 of 41 (2206 views)
Shortcut

Gizmo's cast will be coming off this saturday. Wonder how small is that leg gonna look like since muscle atrophy mah.

Then gotta schedule for grooming next week. Maybe they will shave gizmo down cos very ugly lah, some parts of the body got fur and some botak. Thanks to the sticky bandage that they use to hold his cast to the body.

Thanks everyone for the concern!

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Aug 5, 2007, 3:44 PM

Post #34 of 41 (2183 views)
Shortcut

guys...the cast was taken off yesterday evening and they took another Xray. It's not too good of a news.

Somehow while the leg was in the cast for the last 5 weeks, the hairline fracture became a total fracture. So when they xrayed him yesterday, the bones was not aligned when it joined. Now resulting the leg to be about 0.5cm shorter than the other. The 2 broken bones kinda overlapped instead of it being in a straight line.

They claim that they cant put pins on it because it was too close to the join. I havent got the chance to take a picture of the xray and post it up yet.

Will be taking him to my usual vet later today and seek second opinion. One of the doctors at my workplace (i mean real human doctor) who happens to have a couple of dogs at home advised to just leave the bone as it is since he is only 6 months old. Put him on some special diet to encourage bone growth and if we're lucky, the bone might actually get back its 0.5cm. Just that the broken leg will have an extra bulge close to the joint.

ok more updates later after we've seen my usual vet and if i can take a picture of the xray today and post it all up.

Oh well, I hope my doctor's theory is right. He is still a pup and will continue to have massive bone growth. Give him the right diet, enough exercise and he'll probably get back the lost length and will eventually walk without a limb. See what the real dog's doc says lah later today. Unsure

kien29
Enthusiast

Aug 6, 2007, 6:18 PM

Post #35 of 41 (2178 views)
Shortcut

Oh no... I hope Gizmo will gain back his 0.5cm difference... is he in pain?... I heard from the vet too that when a pup broke or fracture their legs.. it will grow and heal back themselves.. so, i think you shouldn't worry too much ... we will pray for his recovery...

Love smoochies and hugs to Gizmo..

** kien **

Frown Welcome to Rossi's blog Frown

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Aug 6, 2007, 8:21 PM

Post #36 of 41 (2175 views)
Shortcut
Re: [all] Gizmo is WARDED [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks Kien. Didnt manage to see the vet yesterday as he was off. So didnt want to just see his partner because not familiar.

I'm waiting for the surgeon who handled Gizmo's case to call me back. And will be seeing my usual vet today.

Since we brought him home, he hasnt been using that leg at all. He doesnt put the leg down, he is basically jumping, running and playing all on 3 legs! That's a pretty worrisome sight because if he doesnt use that leg anytime soon and start to get it exercised, muscle mass may never grow and he'll lose it. Pirate

Also noticed yesterday that one of his toes is a little black. The nail color is fine, but the base of the nail is black. I do not know if it's just superficial blood clot or something worst like gangrene. Crazy It doesnt stink but he just seems to love biting his broken leg. Kinda like scratching it.

Too bad the surgeon that handled Gizmo's case wasnt around when I went to pick him up. This other vet that released him to me wasnt too people friendly. Then again i wouldnt blame him lah, since it's not his case, therefore I guess he didnt want to intrude into his colleague's work lah. Wait 2 different opinion pulak. I give him that. But because of that, I got so little info as to what I should do now. He just said "Exercise is important, but don over do it". Crazy

We let him run in the garden but dont allow him to climb stairs anymore. The thing is, he is exercising his 3 other good legs and totally not giving the bad leg a chance. Crazy Aiyooo pening lah!!!

Anyway thanks everyone for the concern!

supermutts
K9 Senior

Aug 7, 2007, 8:40 AM

Post #37 of 41 (2170 views)
Shortcut

u should in the beginning totally 90% immobilize him.
this is very very important.
no matter what. just put him inside a small crate, where he can only lie
down, can't even turn around.
only let him out to poo n' pee.

my cat had a total fracture when he is a kitten, they put him in cast,
i put him inside a small cage, in 2 weeks, the cast is off, in the xray u can't see the bone at the gap, cos its still growing, but the bone cells are
already there. now he is not cripple wht so ever, can jump run etc.

so hope ur case has not gone very complicated.
still don't try to opt for surgery yet.

Don't Lost your dogs!!

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Aug 7, 2007, 4:49 PM

Post #38 of 41 (2167 views)
Shortcut

yah dont think i'll opt for surgery. My usual vet say to just let him be. Cos still puppy and he'll be fine. Just have to make sure the bone dont calcify at the joints. apart of that, every day do a little massage and physio on him, then he'll be able to use the leg and hence get it stronger in no time.

Right now, the fella is experiencing phantom pain. But yesterday i think got better. At least, he is putting his leg on the floor and try to use it to scratch himself. We'll see how till saturday cos appointment with them on saturday.

Showed the xray to an orthopeadic surgeon at my work place Wink and he says it's very minor only. Yeah its not align but then again the difference is very minimal. He says it could have been worst if not for the cast. He is not an animal doctor, but from his POV he is not recommending pins also. He also say just let him be cos still puppy and still got a lot of time to grow like kids. He also say must move the joints to loosen it up as all the tendons sudah kaku. Some more can scold me "Eh, u try lah put one of ur finger in a POP for 5 weeks, then when I remove it, u see how long it takes for u to have full function of ur finger again. See u can bend it like u used to or not. How? Wanna try?" Pirate

Thanks anyway.

As for Gizmo's reaction, he is perfectly fine. Probably misses his leg so he sniffs every now and then. When we stretch the leg and push it back, he doesnt show any signs of pain. I guess that's good for now.

pix
Dog Kichi

Aug 20, 2007, 8:58 PM

Post #39 of 41 (2095 views)
Shortcut

Hey, good to hear Gizmo is recovering :) Give him a belly rub for me, hehe.

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Aug 21, 2007, 9:55 PM

Post #40 of 41 (2075 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pix] Gizmo is WARDED [In reply to] Can't Post

yes yes I will. Thanks a lot.

He is definitely getting much better. Can use the leg more now and it's getting stronger. At least he can use that leg to scratch himself hahahahahah......

pix
Dog Kichi

Aug 25, 2007, 1:03 AM

Post #41 of 41 (2046 views)
Shortcut

Hehe so cute... put up some pictures la. Can I sign his cast..heh...

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my