First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

rkysoo
Dog Kichi

Jun 29, 2007, 12:19 AM

Post #1 of 53 (11811 views)
Shortcut
VET Clinic & Hospitals Recommendation Can't Post

Guys,

I think we should have a complete list of VET Clinic and Hospitals here... (address and phone number)

Even though i have yet to have any doggie in my small apartment yet, but i am fear that in Emergency cases, I cannot find a hospital to threat my doggie...

And there are also clinics that "CUT Customer Throat" giving lousy treatment and charging high price.

Please try to provide as many recommendation vet and hospitals that you feel it is good and helped you a lot in the past.

I will compile the list and make it in PDF later on...

rkysoo
Dog Kichi

Jun 29, 2007, 9:59 AM

Post #2 of 53 (11797 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rkysoo] VET Clinic & Hospitals Recommendation [In reply to] Can't Post

I had updated a list from Malaysian Small Animal Veterinary Association hope it helps new comer, and definitely it helped me a lot.

I do not know how to put it here so I put it in my server

http://kevronent.com/Vets.xls

goofydip
Veteran

Jun 29, 2007, 6:27 PM

Post #3 of 53 (11792 views)
Shortcut

My doggie's vet (Ipoh)

PetCare Animal Clinic (The Vet)
Add: 33, Laluan Ipoh Permai 1, Taman Ipoh Permai 31400 Ipoh Perak
Tel: 055451160

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

janthk
Canine Addict

Jul 10, 2007, 8:01 PM

Post #4 of 53 (11743 views)
Shortcut

Dear rkysoo,

Thank you very much for the effort which you have put it to supply the list of vets. It is very informative and useful. It will also come in very handy in cases of emergency.

Thank you once again for the hard work.

rkysoo
Dog Kichi

Jul 11, 2007, 11:14 PM

Post #5 of 53 (11705 views)
Shortcut
Re: [janthk] VET Clinic & Hospitals Recommendation [In reply to] Can't Post

not a problem, in the matter of fact also thanks to this list i manage to send my uncle doggie which is ill to the ipoh garden animal clinic.

wow the doctor there is very professional!!! and good too!!

janthk
Canine Addict

Jul 11, 2007, 11:38 PM

Post #6 of 53 (11701 views)
Shortcut

Yeah? Good for you.

The Brickfields vet in KL is very good too. I brought my dog in for spaying recently. They did a fantastic job. I have heard so many horror stories about spaying so was very afraid to send my darling dog there but I had no choice because my other dog is a male.

I asked to watch the whole spaying process and was granted permission to do so. The best part is the doctor took the initiative to explain every thing he is doing every step of the way. So I was very at ease and knew exactly what was happening. Everything is very professionally done and my dog is back home within 1 day. She is now back to her old self.

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jul 12, 2007, 5:24 AM

Post #7 of 53 (11692 views)
Shortcut

hehe.. u can see ppl from all over klang valley brought
their dogs/cats there...

but letting u be in the op room without those
op attire(yes?), im not sure if its recommended.

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

rkysoo
Dog Kichi

Jul 12, 2007, 9:02 AM

Post #8 of 53 (11691 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] VET Clinic & Hospitals Recommendation [In reply to] Can't Post

yes totally agree with supermutts.... as if without the masks and so on it is not hygiene.

I remember i send my uncle doggie to the Ipoh garden clinic, the doctor also didn't wear masks, and the helper too...

the thing i remember is, they will give saline for the dog. First Pack is RM50 follow by RM 20 every pack, then blood test is RM 100, antibiotic and so on are other charges...

don't know some how i think price are more expensive than human admitting to Subang Medical Centre sometimes...

if the doggie can recover ok, but today receive phone call... doctor say doggie refuse to eat... and suspect bone got problem cant stand properly...

but then the indonesia maid go feed the dog, the dog eat... i was wondering why...

and after so much things spend, best of all is that he told me prepare to put the dog to sleep...

aiyo. if this is the case why at first need to meditate the dog knowing there is already no hope?

should put the dog to sleep straight away la....

gosh i guess the medical bill will sum up to RM1,000. Thank god it is not my doggie...

but i still feel sad for the doggie...(though he is around 7 human years already)

some infection or virus are airborne and it is very dangerous for doggie, and human we might not know whether we can get any of those kind viruses or not...

better becareful

janthk
Canine Addict

Jul 12, 2007, 4:40 PM

Post #9 of 53 (11688 views)
Shortcut

I think because dogs have stronger immune system, it is not necessarily for all the mask and ops garment. Even the doc were not in the ops garment. Of course the doc sterialized his hands and all. I am just not allowed to touch anything but allowed to sit in and watch. They also have all the superb equipment like a machine to read the blood pressure & heart beat of the dog so that can monitor during the ops.

This is the first time I have seen so changgih equipment in a vet in Malaysia. Tongue

It is true that medical treatment for dogs are much more expensive than that of human. If human has flue it probably cost RM35 to cure. Whereas for dogs, it cost me RM250!!! Because dogs cant talk, all kind of checks needs to be done just because of a cough!! Sigh! Sigh! That is why not all owners will send their dogs to vets when the dogs are sick. Only those who really love their dogs and can afford it will do so. Come to think of it, poor doggies!!FrownFrown

I really regret for not choosing vetinary as my line of work!! Damn! If not I will be able to help lots of animals!!

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jul 12, 2007, 7:40 PM

Post #10 of 53 (11685 views)
Shortcut

eh rkysoo, wht happened to ur uncle's dog??

y need to put to sleep, so kesian...

Bfields vet the equipment still ok la,
but if u go to UVH at UPM, i think during op they all wiil wear
full op attire like wht u've seen in human op theater.
I think tht is wht they teach the vets to do, but i duno
y most vet still prefer to be in normal clothes during op, 'mafan'?
some even dun use gloves, and face mask.

Don't Lost your dogs!!

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Jul 12, 2007, 7:54 PM

Post #11 of 53 (11684 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

don't know some how i think price are more expensive than human admitting to Subang Medical Centre sometimes...

Hahahah TRUE TRUE......... my dog hairline fracture only already kena RM535....then another a bit here and there for follow-up and all, busuk busuk sure kena RM600.

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

rkysoo
Dog Kichi

Jul 13, 2007, 8:32 AM

Post #12 of 53 (11670 views)
Shortcut

the doggie still not yet put to sleep, just that i think 2 weeks back the dog got flu, my uncle thought nothing, buy can food to feed as the dog that time appetite bad...

then the a few days later my uncle call me tell me the boxer eye dirty got yellowish yellowish (shit) so he wipe it and let the dog rest. few days later my uncle tell me that the dog cannot stand properly and thin a bit...

i straight away went down to ipoh and see the doggie... immediately i call the doctor to have transport to the place and fetch the doggie to the clinic. when the doggie on the van that time, he pass urine... milky color, shit lo i tell myself sure kena infection...

then i scold my uncle non stop. reach the clinic, doctor tell me the boxer is 107 degree fever... then immediately antibiotic, this and that. best of all before they come collect the doggie already collected RM 300 deposit.

then go there, do this and that and put the doggie in so called warded caged la... then we start to see the price breakdown ... first is the Normal Saline RM 50 first pack, follow by RM 20 each... then blood test RM 100 and so on...

So the second doctor on yesterday i called him, he said blood everything seems to be ok, just that probably got joint problem cannot stand properly. ask whether he checked for distemper or not, he said nope, and ask whether got thick fever or not, he telling me antibiotic given should have cure all fever and infection... bla bla bla

i guess the bill is sum up to RM 1000 now already... and yet he tell me if cannot put to sleep... wat la...

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jul 13, 2007, 9:10 AM

Post #13 of 53 (11669 views)
Shortcut

whoa... is this so....
how old is the dog?
sounds like it has been neglected....?

but cases like these are not considered serious, i think,
unless the cause of the problem has been found.

sometimes vets don't wana recommend test cos they
know some owners will refuse, citing the price is too
expensive. so the vets will just agak agak the cause
and start the treatment.

but the suggestion from the vet to put the dog to sleep
if the owner don't want to spend all those medical bills
( is that correct? ) really saddens.....

i think tick fever can't be cured by antibiotics, it needs
another medicine which is much more expensive.

Don't Lost your dogs!!

goofydip
Veteran

Jul 13, 2007, 7:22 PM

Post #14 of 53 (11665 views)
Shortcut

mm... sorry interrupting.. the vet u mentioning in ipoh, isit the vet i put on the address here? bcoz the vet u mentioning makes me scares a bit. Crazy.... But the vet I go for Goofy is nice... He very nice explaining every details we needed. I'm working in Cameron, so, in emergency cases, I'll have to call this vet, and he's very patient to teach me what to do and explaining the details. There's a time when my Goofy skin problem... I told him I heard my uncle said, this can be cure by only one jab... But this vet said, "don't always use medication on doggies. If small matter, try other ways 1st."... So he only taught us to 1st change shampoo and cut all his treats 1st. Use fruits as treats for the moment. Then if still cannot, then change kibbles, still cannot, only medication.

I'm not really sure bout other vets, coz this is the 1st vet we visited and we find him good, so we stick to him lor... Both Goofy and our family doggie go to this same vet for anything doing with health. And we also see he is very friendly to doggies... He greet every doggies who went in his clinic with hugs and he plays with them....

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

rkysoo
Dog Kichi

Jul 13, 2007, 9:53 PM

Post #15 of 53 (11656 views)
Shortcut

supermutts,

fyi, not that my uncle want to put the doggie to sleep, my uncle actually said he don have a limit on curing the dog as long as the dog cure, it is the doc that keep on halfway say the dog seems to be ok and another doc in the same clinic said the doc might need to put to sleep...

there is 4 doctor and 4 doctor rotate to take turns to see the doggie and doctor works on schedule so sometimes you need to talk to this doctor he not around, you get to talk to another doctor and another doctor giving her explanation... argh... that makes me nuts...

rkysoo
Dog Kichi

Jul 13, 2007, 9:55 PM

Post #16 of 53 (11655 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] VET Clinic & Hospitals Recommendation [In reply to] Can't Post

goofydip,

fyi this clinic is in ipoh garden quite a big one with 4 doctor all with different opinion, definitely not your vet clinic.

think back i think when i go ipoh next week i should bring the doggie for second opinion and get warded in another clinic

instead of 4 opinion at same time... that really cracks my head

goofydip
Veteran

Jul 13, 2007, 10:06 PM

Post #17 of 53 (11654 views)
Shortcut

Wow...Shocked... 4 vets in the SAME clinis giving different opinions sure cracked up ur head... Oh no.. Really hope your uncle's doggie would get well soon.

damutznutz
Dog Kichi

Jul 14, 2007, 11:28 AM

Post #18 of 53 (11639 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Yeah? Good for you.

The Brickfields vet in KL is very good too. I brought my dog in for spaying recently. They did a fantastic job. I have heard so many horror stories about spaying so was very afraid to send my darling dog there but I had no choice because my other dog is a male.

I completely agree on that assessment of Dr. Prem in Brickfields. He's brilliant. I have sent around 11 cats to him for neutering/spaying, and he takes care of my 3 dogs. I have nothing but praise for him. My friends' pets are mostly tended to by him too. Even remember waking him up at 3am once when my friend's dog was doing poorly and we suspected poisoning. He met us at his office not 15 mins later.

I so much prefer this Brickfields place to the 24 hour hospital in KL - 2 cats of mine have died there and I've since sworn I would never go back there again. Even if they didn't demand money upfront for afterhours consultation, I would have serious concerns about their attitude. Strangely enough, the security guard at this hospital was kinder than the vets I had to fork money over too for 'professional' attention. After the vets refused my cat treatment, the guard asked me to wait, and handed me some syringes and glucose syrup and wished me luck. Interesting huh?

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jul 14, 2007, 5:54 PM

Post #19 of 53 (11638 views)
Shortcut
Re: [damutznutz] VET Clinic & Hospitals Recommendation [In reply to] Can't Post

hi damutz may i know wht happened to ur cat?
y do they refuse treatment? cos they think is hopeless?

Dr Prem was from tht hospital before
he set up his own practice...

Don't Lost your dogs!!

(This post was edited by supermutts on Jul 14, 2007, 6:19 PM)

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jul 14, 2007, 6:12 PM

Post #20 of 53 (11637 views)
Shortcut

hi rkysoo,

ah so 4 vets u mean. i got it.
usually, even if there is a few vets working in a clinic,
only the vet who is handling the case will stick to it and
the client only consults him regarding the case,
and the vet will only be off in 1 day in a week.

Don't Lost your dogs!!

damutznutz
Dog Kichi

Jul 14, 2007, 7:13 PM

Post #21 of 53 (11632 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
hi damutz may i know wht happened to ur cat?
y do they refuse treatment? cos they think is hopeless?

Dr Prem was from tht hospital before
he set up his own practice...

1st cat - got home from work around 2am and found cat looking very sickly (otherwise had not shown any signs of illness when I left for work around 6pm). Desperately looked online for any vet that would be open, and only saw that hospital as an option. Called them, with no one picking up the phone the first 4 attempts at calling. Finally on the 5th attempt I spoke to someone who was obviously not very interested in listening to me describe my cat's symptoms. In fact I recall him being rather rude but being desperate I rushed down to them with my cat anyway.

So I arrived with my cat wrapped in blankets, filled out some forms. Vet on duty didn't bother doing any diagnosis, but was more interested in telling me the cat would need blood tests, Xrays, IV drip, etc. So fine, I agreed to it all and left my cat with them after paying a non-refundable RM800 deposit.

Next evening, I received a call saying my cat had died. I asked them for details, and EVERYTHING was vague. I asked for results of the blood tests they said they had done, yet they couldn't produce the documentation. I apparently owed them another RM700 for the rest of the tests/medication (again, I asked to see the file but they wouldn't give it to me) and another RM500 if I wanted them to cremate my cat's remains. I ended up storming out of the place after having had enough of the rubbish they were trying to spew.

That's what I remember from my experience of them. To be fair, I can't comment on them as this was my own experience of them (around 4 years ago too I might add). Having spoken to my friends at the time though, the majority of whom had less than positive things to say about them, I was never going to be motivated to giving them my custom again.

I should make it clear though that my issue over the costs incurred have close to nothing to do with my objection to them. I have since spent much more than that at Dr. Prems with my numerous cats and dogs (LOL) at any given time. My issue was their lack of transparency, and (what I perceived) to be blatant attempts at ripping people off.

That much was confirmed to me when (prior to finding Dr. Prem) I found an injured kitten at my workplace and I called to see if they could help it. This time, I was told by the person answering their number that if I wasn't prepared to show up with cash to pay the deposit, he wasn't even going to wake the vet on duty at that hour. (I ran my own restaurant/bar, so both experiences with them were late night ones)

So anyway, if anyone has had good experiences with them, great. Hopefully they've changed for the better.

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jul 14, 2007, 7:26 PM

Post #22 of 53 (11630 views)
Shortcut
Re: [damutznutz] VET Clinic & Hospitals Recommendation [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for sharing. Frown

even tho its 4 years ago, any business will have to
improve with clients feedback.
Hope their Dr Siva has done something since then, as
i do have read a few -ve comments on AMC from this forum.

jz recently steffy brought her gizmo there afterhours for
some fracture treatment. so far so good, which is wht we
need to hear.

Don't Lost your dogs!!

rkysoo
Dog Kichi

Jul 14, 2007, 8:07 PM

Post #23 of 53 (11626 views)
Shortcut

supermutts,

yesterday got a call from my uncle, the poor Blackie (the black color boxer)

the doctor told him that it is advised that to put blackie to sleep forever and from the medical treatment to the bury ceremony it cost my uncle RM 800 and a full stop.

when my uncle told me he had to put Blackie to sleep, my heart suddenly fall and feeling so sad, wanted to cry but cannot...

i ask my uncle why doctor say need to put Blackie to sleep, he replied, one of the doctor said must cause Blackie cant stand properly... asking why do not take x-ray for the legs and see what happen...

He then said, he ask doctor the same question, and it seems that the doctor said, AIYO still want to waste money meh on checking... Just put him to sleep...

GOSH..... i do not really know whether this really comes out from the doctor mouth or somehow human relaying message tends to be adding a little "vinegar and salt"

if I were at that place and the doctor tell me so, I would have GORENG the vet Kao Kao already....

After paying so much, might as well try to at least take another x-ray to see whether it is really necessary to put Blackie to sleep or not mah, just because the doggie cannot stand properly then you need to put them to sleep where he is completely ok (recover from fever) that seems to be ridiculous right?

I still can recall when i am in hospital, when one doctor attend to me for an operation, other doctor come by did not give much so called "personal experience" be it they are relative or not because they are not my attending doctor.

and i wonder why the vet there have so many different opinion where 1 pet got so many attending doctor at the same time.

It like that i do suggest the straight at beginning tell me "OH YOUR DOGGIE, NO HOPE LIAO LA... PUT TO SLEEP LA"

rather than

"YOUR DOGGIE SEEMS TO BE FINE, EVERYTHING OK, NORMAL BLOOD TEST NO PROBLEM VERY GOOD, NO MORE FEVER, CANNOT STAND AFTER TREATMENT, NEVER DO DISTEMPER TEST, NEVER DO X-TRAY, WE CALCULATED THE BILL, EVERYTHING INCLUDING PUT TO SLEEP AND BURY IS RM 800 (RM80 IS PUT TO SLEEP AND BURY MONEY)"

:( ronald

rkysoo
Dog Kichi

Jul 14, 2007, 8:15 PM

Post #24 of 53 (11626 views)
Shortcut

I had updated Dr Prem Contact in Wilayah and added goofydip's Vet clinic in Perak Zone

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jul 14, 2007, 9:08 PM

Post #25 of 53 (11625 views)
Shortcut

is the dog very old?

it sounds like it is,
then those vet would have seen it
as old oredi, no need to waste time la....
since old dogs will have lotsa problems and they
also dun wana spend time on it.

but those are not the way to explain to the owner
that the dog is better to be put down.

which means, yea u should GORENG them KAU KAU!!

Don't Lost your dogs!!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my