Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Skin color

lisachew

Apr 4, 2002, 10:04 PM

Post #1 of 9 (2329 views)
Shortcut
Skin color Can't Post

Hello Wink
Does anyone know what skin color should a shih tzu have in order to identify that its has healthy skin?

Well, recently I went to a pet shop to get Teddy trimmed and one of the staff there told me that Teddy have unhealthy skin based on the pink color.

I am just wondering what color should breed like Teddy have? If pink(light) is consider unhealthy issit that pale white should be the right one?

Teddy have less fur if compare to a normal shih tzu. Plus he has dry fur too. Any idea how to help Teddy?

Pls advice.

Thanks!
Regards
Lisa

"A dash of lion, several teaspoons of rabbit, a couple ounces of old Chinese men, a bit of a beggar, a tablespoon of monkey, one part baby seal, and a dash of teddy bear." - shih tzu

Andrew

Apr 5, 2002, 5:17 AM

Post #2 of 9 (2322 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lisachew] Skin color [In reply to] Can't Post

If i'm right, the pink color skin is the healthy skin ... Members, correct me if i'm wrong about this....

To help your shih tzu hair to have a nice hair, you might try to give some supplements food to him. You can give him some vitamins like multi vitamins and others that may come in a tube form or even in tablets form. Fish oil also recommended for a healthy skin and coats.

Andrew Wong
Miniature Pinscher, Born 22.12.2000

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Apr 5, 2002, 7:34 AM

Post #3 of 9 (2317 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andrew] Skin color [In reply to] Can't Post

Besides fish oil, you could probably try another brand of dog food..what are you feeding your dog now?? Also, when you bath your dog, try using conditioner..it really helps.

¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Rainbow -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Andrew

Apr 5, 2002, 9:57 AM

Post #4 of 9 (2315 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rainbow] Skin color [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah..conditioner do helps....

And while you are grooming Teddy, you might damp the coat with a sprayer which you can mix a bit conditioner into the water. This will makes the coat feel soft too after your grooming session.

Andrew Wong

lisachew

Apr 5, 2002, 4:04 PM

Post #5 of 9 (2312 views)
Shortcut

Hello guys Laugh

Thanks for the information though.

Thanks Rainbow for teaching me how to groom Teddy by damping the coat with some conditioner in the water. Well, I need to know what type of conditioner that is in the market which is good for him?

Currently I am giving him EUKUBANA lamb and rice. I am note sure whether this brand suits him or not. But of course he loves it.

SO meaning that pink skin color is actually fine for shih tzu?

Thanks Cool
Regards
Lisa

"A dash of lion, several teaspoons of rabbit, a couple ounces of old Chinese men, a bit of a beggar, a tablespoon of monkey, one part baby seal, and a dash of teddy bear." - shih tzu

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Apr 6, 2002, 7:54 AM

Post #6 of 9 (2305 views)
Shortcut

It wasn't me lisa, it was Andrew. Please email me privately and I will answer your questions..as I do not wish to post on the forum..Yes I am being selfish..I have gotten a bug

Email: rainbow@puppy.com.my

Tongue

¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Rainbow -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

(This post was edited by Rainbow on Apr 6, 2002, 7:55 AM)

lisachew

Apr 8, 2002, 4:12 PM

Post #7 of 9 (2293 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rainbow] Skin color [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Rainbow,

SOrry for the mistakes....guess while relplying to the post....my eyes was @@ form reading too much coding from my sideUnsure. Heheh Tongue

Sorry Andrew!

Will send u email privately! Thanks! Wink
Regards
Lisa

Andrew

Apr 8, 2002, 7:07 PM

Post #8 of 9 (2287 views)
Shortcut

It's OK.....

If you still free u r sorry, just belanja me makan lor..heheheCool

Andrew Wong

lisachew

Apr 8, 2002, 9:17 PM

Post #9 of 9 (2282 views)
Shortcut

Hello Andrew

Thank you for forgiving me. Tongue Hhehe.....wa....so fast want ppl to belanja eh? hehe....well ok ..when we have the chance... Sly

Thanks!
Regards
Lisa

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my