Home: Behavioral Problems: Barking & Growling Problems:
Control doggie's barking

comet
Dog Kichi

May 23, 2003, 12:31 AM

Post #1 of 16 (3540 views)
Shortcut
Control doggie's barking Can't Post

My dog a GR is always very excited and over hyperactive when he sees me or my hubby come home up to the extend that even after a good play time and long walk..The minute I close the door..that's it.. he'll bark non-stop for an hr or more. I dare not see whether he bark for more than an hour cus by that time I would've lost my patience hahah! Besides I don't want my neighbours to have sleepless nights like me as well. I live in shah alam.. so you know it's more difficult...

I was reading this article on Bark Free Humane Training System (http://shop.store.yahoo.com/...tv/bbarfredogtr.html). Anyone used this before? Is it a guarantee work?

Please let me know..

Trivor
K9 Servant

May 23, 2003, 11:51 PM

Post #2 of 16 (3525 views)
Shortcut
Re: [comet] Control doggie's barking [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,
This is a bit strange as my Trivor seldom barks. Unless I suka-suka pat her hinquarter (yes, she will protest). I hardly hear her barking, even bitten by cat.
Guess different GR has different temparement?

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

Augustmoon
Dog Kichi

May 25, 2003, 5:21 AM

Post #3 of 16 (3510 views)
Shortcut

Hello comet,

Try this web site, www.greatpets.com ask the expert for happy. I used to post my doggie problem and the expert never fail to reply. They have a long list.......about dog and cat problem for your to choose from. Hope that your doggie barking problem can be solve.Smile Cheers!

Regards.

comet
Dog Kichi

May 25, 2003, 7:29 AM

Post #4 of 16 (3504 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Augustmoon] Control doggie's barking [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Augustmoon. thanks for the link. something new i learnt..but doesnt say much about the "Bark Free" device. I will try to email and ask for some advice.

Trivor, you are so lucky to have such a quiet dog. Mine's is so vocal it drives me nuts. He could bark for an hr non stop. I think anyways he's probably just lonely so I don;t blame him at all. Now is to find the right training kit.

evonne
Novice

May 25, 2003, 8:38 AM

Post #5 of 16 (3503 views)
Shortcut

Well, my little Bobbie barks a lot too. She'll bark in a "manja" way whenever she wants to poo / pee (usually in the evening n in the wee hours). She'll never stop barking until my father comes out n bring her out for a walk to do her business. She even barks loudly whenever my father goes out / comes back on his bike - maybe thats a way to say bye bye / hello in a dog's way? But she nevers barks whenever I go out.

Is there anyway to control this problem?

comet
Dog Kichi

May 26, 2003, 5:42 AM

Post #6 of 16 (3496 views)
Shortcut
Re: [evonne] Control doggie's barking [In reply to] Can't Post

comet is barking at this moment. doesn't matter whether you take im out for walks or play with him like for a couple of hours. the minute he doesnt see me or my hubyy ( he knows we're inside the house) then he'll bark like mad till we go out.

Thank god the neighbours are nice.. They never did complain but I don't think I want to test their patience..it's not nice... :)

Yeah I think he just miss us and feel lonely..don't blame him but itcan really drive u nut when you're tired :(A friend of mine is coming bak from the states and buying the "Bark Free" for me. Hope that'll work :) But he won't be back till Aug so meantime.. sufferrrrr

bubble
Novice

Sep 18, 2003, 10:05 PM

Post #7 of 16 (3406 views)
Shortcut

hi comet, it's Sept oredi so i tot ... is de 'Bark Free' good? Blush i have de same problem wif my pup too. de minute he knows i'm up in de morning ( i swear he's got THE sharpest hearing coz i might just be shifting position in bed ) he'll start barking for he's breakfast.

yeah, i'm kinda luck too my neighbours not yet complain but i dont wan it to come to dat especially since both my immediate neighbours r malays.

Bubble

comet
Dog Kichi

Sep 19, 2003, 12:49 AM

Post #8 of 16 (3396 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bubble] Control doggie's barking [In reply to] Can't Post

i bought the thing but i havent tested it cos it's still with a friend of mine. he moved back here (KL) from the states and all his stuffs in the crate are still somewhere floating in the sea (on a ship). hahaha! once it arrives I'll give it some good testing and let you know.. :)

meantime.. good luck with your furball... human's are always 1 step smarter than doggies. i'm sure you'll find a loophole somewhere you can trick your doggie with ehhehe* for me I'll just walk out the front door out the gate say bye bye and come in from the back. hahaha he thinks i went out... so he'll keep quiet...it works!!

mackmack
Doggyman

Sep 20, 2003, 4:55 PM

Post #9 of 16 (3378 views)
Shortcut

I just bought the Bark-Free Device too. Once you've tested on it, could you pls let me know the result too?

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

chansaire
Dog Kichi

Sep 21, 2003, 4:02 AM

Post #10 of 16 (3367 views)
Shortcut

hahaha this may sound stupid, but i wish my GR would bark MORE......... she doesnt' bark at anything but cats.....
"some friends come, some friends go- others leave a paw print in your heart, and you're never the same again."

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 21, 2003, 7:02 AM

Post #11 of 16 (3365 views)
Shortcut

Hi Smile ... Read your posts ...

*hmmm* ... Your dog barks when you leave him outside and you & hubby go into the house ...

Maybe a good solution is to let your dog into the house ... I realise, a lot of people don't like dogs indoors ... but you have a Golden - and they are real people dogs ... they need to connect with their owners and be with their owners ...

You don't need to let him have the run of the whole house - maybe just let him into the kitchen area or some other convenient area ... and your GR will be much happier ... and the barking will stop ...

Cheers

nathalie
Doggyman

Sep 21, 2003, 7:46 AM

Post #12 of 16 (3364 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi,

I agree with Surchimny. Generally every dog loves to be with their master especially if u r working n he hardly sees u in a day.....Golden r very attached dogs, so it's very normal that he barks to either ask u to b with him or let him in. My lab behaves the same too...they just wanna be closer to u..that's allSmile

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 21, 2003, 8:20 AM

Post #13 of 16 (3363 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nathalie] Control doggie's barking [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ... Smile ...

And always get a little concerned when using electronic devices to stop dog barking ... or electronic devices of any sort really to control dogs ... We never know what they really do ... Unimpressed ...

Have seen those electric collars used to train dogs .., they are quite horrid ...

Cheers ... Smile

nathalie
Doggyman

Sep 24, 2003, 7:52 AM

Post #14 of 16 (3349 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Control doggie's barking [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileHi,

I've never agreed on those collars..they r so crueall....what actually keeps the dog quiet is that when they bark, the collar'll electrocute them. that's why they'll keep quite...dogs r born to bark...if not why have dogs? the collar is a torture to dogs i believeFrownUnsure...so sad but ppl still uses itMad

comet
Dog Kichi

Sep 24, 2003, 6:33 PM

Post #15 of 16 (3341 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nathalie] Control doggie's barking [In reply to] Can't Post

cant let him in at the mo. cos its not my own place n he sheds too much n my mom will freak. definitely letting him in when i move. btw its not an electronic zap collar. its a bark free device. check it out (do a search on google).

nathalie
Doggyman

Sep 26, 2003, 5:40 AM

Post #16 of 16 (3326 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi,

OIC...i thought it's ur place n wondering why u r insisting on letting Comet in....Bark free device...there's an electronic device too heard of it?Crazy

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my