First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Raphael
Dog Kichi

Jun 19, 2007, 8:50 PM

Post #1 of 29 (6827 views)
Shortcut
dog milk for my pups Can't Post

hello all
my presa gave birth to 10 pups,but the other two presas are due any time,and im running out of milk,now im using dogOmilk,but it looks to be out of stock in all malaysia and singapore,goat milk is very ex. and out of reach,can any one recommend a good brand that comes in big tins?
mother is feeding,but not enough,they are like vampires
apreciate your help
019--7793919

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Jun 20, 2007, 1:00 AM

Post #2 of 29 (6822 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Raphael] dog milk for my pups [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Brother,

I did check with some friends around, one of my friend said he tried to feed his Mogrel pups with Nes*tle Nan 1 + honey/glucose... the formula is like this 3 spoons (the formula spoon comes with the milk powder) + 3.5 oz of luke warm water + 1 tea spoon of honey/glucose. This enough for 2 pups per feeding.

Reason he choose Nan 1 is easy to digest as its for pre-mature baby, and its cheaper. Adding honey/glucose is to make it taste sweeter.

BUT!! He said the mogrel pups is already 4 weeks old when he feed them with this formula, do you think this worth trying?

Raphael
Dog Kichi

Jun 28, 2007, 3:47 AM

Post #3 of 29 (6782 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kevin Chuan] dog milk for my pups [In reply to] Can't Post

hello brother

i did try,and tryed other brands as well,it gives them extreme watery droppings,i tryed to mix it with the dog milk im using,they got better,but,some of them are refusing to take the mixMad

they all are doing fine,were born on the 9th. and today i checked to see that the smallest is 2Kg.,but thier mother looks like a ghost,poor girl

the other female is due on the 29th.,,and i really have no idea what to do then,i ran out of the dogs milk,and im expecting her to have 12 to 15 pups,this is going to be really hard

i have checked with shops in almost all of malaysia,and NO stock of milkOdog,will take time for the suplier to get the new stock

marvinlee
Novice

Jun 28, 2007, 4:38 PM

Post #4 of 29 (6771 views)
Shortcut

Raphael,

I saw milkodog in midvalley pet shop....Where do you live?

goofydip
Veteran

Jun 28, 2007, 6:15 PM

Post #5 of 29 (6768 views)
Shortcut

HI friend,

Just a suggestion here. I did feed my doggie with milk. The vet recommended me to give him milk to build him calcium. So I've bought Animalac Plus for my doggie. My doggie has no problem with this milk and he loves it.
Before I buy him milk, I did ask the vet, will the milk make Goofy diarrhea or watery poo. The vet told me, NO. Milk is a very good calcium supplement to our doggies.
Try adjust the milk powder if you see your doggies' poo watery, put less powder and more water. Continue adjusting till u see their poo is getting better.
I did ask him can I give Goofy those human baby's milk. He said no problem at all. He gave his 2 GSD human baby milk everyday.

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

t0iT0i

Oct 8, 2007, 8:06 PM

Post #6 of 29 (6634 views)
Shortcut

can i feed my dog with dutchlady milk powder mix with my dry dog food? is it good for my dog to feed with human milk powder with dry food?

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 9, 2007, 3:55 AM

Post #7 of 29 (6620 views)
Shortcut
Re: [t0iT0i] dog milk for my pups [In reply to] Can't Post

You do not need to feed your pup with milk. Just feed your pup with normal premium adult dog keeble plus a table spoon of yoghurt each meal. You can add vit C and if you really want cottage cheese which is optional.

mickey123
Enthusiast

Oct 24, 2007, 8:15 AM

Post #8 of 29 (6561 views)
Shortcut

I feed Billion with Milkodog plus dog food.. she's 8 weeks old now.. she likes the Milkodog very much.. but, heard that goat milk is better for young puppy.. may I know where to get goat milk powder? cause I can't get it around my area's pet shop.. I'm from Ipoh.. the only milk powder that recommended from the pet shop is this "Milkodog".. by the way, which is better?? Milkodog or goat milk powder?

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 25, 2007, 4:18 AM

Post #9 of 29 (6540 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mickey123] dog milk for my pups [In reply to] Can't Post

As mentioned in my earlier posting contradictory to others, you do not need to feed your puppy with milk that is what "weaning" is all about. Just give it normal adult keeble, premium ones and you will have a lovely dog.

mickey123
Enthusiast

Oct 26, 2007, 4:55 AM

Post #10 of 29 (6511 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] dog milk for my pups [In reply to] Can't Post

but she's only 8 weeks old.. and don't really know how to bite her food

and the breeder asked us to feed her goat milk.. but, we can't find any goat milk around my place.. Unsure

that's why we're using Milkodog now..Unsure

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 26, 2007, 4:04 PM

Post #11 of 29 (6499 views)
Shortcut

What I can I say, I bred dogs too, I just soak the keeble than blend it to a paste like "yukky gunch" and they eat it. Personally, I would not have taken the pup not at least 10 weeks old.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 27, 2007, 4:04 AM

Post #12 of 29 (6474 views)
Shortcut

Hi Mickey123,

At 8 weeks, I think the pups hv teeth...imagine teeth on nipples..tht'd be painful for the mother. At around this age,the mother would not allow the pups to suckle so much anymore (she's weaning them off milk).
If you're worried that she does not know how to chew yet, maybe u can just soak the kibble till its all soft and mushy( as PSY said). That's what I do for pups too.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

mickey123
Enthusiast

Oct 27, 2007, 6:09 AM

Post #13 of 29 (6468 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
What I can I say, I bred dogs too, I just soak the keeble than blend it to a paste like "yukky gunch" and they eat it. Personally, I would not have taken the pup not at least 10 weeks old.

In Reply To
Hi Mickey123,

At 8 weeks, I think the pups hv teeth...imagine teeth on nipples..tht'd be painful for the mother. At around this age,the mother would not allow the pups to suckle so much anymore (she's weaning them off milk).
If you're worried that she does not know how to chew yet, maybe u can just soak the kibble till its all soft and mushy( as PSY said). That's what I do for pups too.

hi, PSY and Reality Dreamer,

thanks for both of your advice.. yeah.. that's what I'm doing now.. soak the dog food in the milk (I didn't blend it to paste..).. the puppy mother is not with me.. I bought this puppy when she's 6 weeks old. At first, we asked the breeder whether we could get the doggie when she's 8 weeks old.. but, the breeder refused to do so.. so, we had to take her when she's 6 weeks old..

she grows really fast.. gain 3 kg in one week !!! do'nt know whether it's too fat or not?? she's 8 kg now !!!
Attachments: 6 weeks old.jpg (52.5 KB)

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 28, 2007, 4:11 AM

Post #14 of 29 (6416 views)
Shortcut

Mickey 123, it is very difficult to say how heavy a pup should be and yes they grow very fast. I go by logic and I am sure I shall be shot down by other forum members. I like to keep my pups lean and mean as this will be less stress on developing joints. Stop them from running on slippery surfaces, no climbing stairs and no standing on their hinds. Do note, a total amount of food consumed daily is more or equilvalent to a big dog. You will have to decide what is the right weight. In future get a pup from a proper breeder and you will be surprise to find there are breeders that are interested in finding a good home for their pups than making money.

t0iT0i

Oct 29, 2007, 4:42 AM

Post #15 of 29 (6396 views)
Shortcut

i only know that mamak stall got sell raw goat milk.. i dont think there is goat milk powder :)

mickey123
Enthusiast

Oct 31, 2007, 4:00 AM

Post #16 of 29 (6359 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Mickey 123, it is very difficult to say how heavy a pup should be and yes they grow very fast. I go by logic and I am sure I shall be shot down by other forum members. I like to keep my pups lean and mean as this will be less stress on developing joints. Stop them from running on slippery surfaces, no climbing stairs and no standing on their hinds. Do note, a total amount of food consumed daily is more or equilvalent to a big dog. You will have to decide what is the right weight. In future get a pup from a proper breeder and you will be surprise to find there are breeders that are interested in finding a good home for their pups than making money.

oh my god.. she does everything that you mentioned!!! cause I let her stay in the house but, sleeps in the crate at night. Since my house is marble floor, it's quite slippery.. how to stop her from running on the slippery surface? cause when she got excited, she'll run very fast around the house.. can't stop her at all!Unsure now she likes to jump on people's back when we sit down on the floor.. we hate this, but, don't know how to stop her?

actually, when the breeder heard that we love this puppy so much, she's very happy..

mickey123
Enthusiast

Oct 31, 2007, 4:01 AM

Post #17 of 29 (6359 views)
Shortcut
Re: [t0iT0i] dog milk for my pups [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
i only know that mamak stall got sell raw goat milk.. i dont think there is goat milk powder :)

thanks for the information.. :) but, I think I'll stick to this Milkodog, since can't get other kind of good milk powder..

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 31, 2007, 4:56 AM

Post #18 of 29 (6358 views)
Shortcut

The prancing and darting around I have no idea how to stop it but the jumping up....well you need to turn and receive it and cuddle it to calm it down. Hip is the issue here so if the breeder is happy.... well not sure how good the breeder is on the breed and slippery floors.

Anyway, it does sound you are enjoying your pup and that is the main issue.

zephyros
Canine Addict

Oct 31, 2007, 11:44 PM

Post #19 of 29 (6333 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

oh my god.. she does everything that you mentioned!!! cause I let her stay in the house but, sleeps in the crate at night. Since my house is marble floor, it's quite slippery.. how to stop her from running on the slippery surface? cause when she got excited, she'll run very fast around the house.. can't stop her at all!Unsure now she likes to jump on people's back when we sit down on the floor.. we hate this, but, don't know how to stop her?

actually, when the breeder heard that we love this puppy so much, she's very happy..

it's not really that big of a deal as long as your pup does not OVER-DO it. it's just being a pup playing. but the jumping on people's back part, yea you'll definately need to teach that is a big no-no. or else in the future your pup will love to jump on you. whether it's alright to do so at that moment, your pup will not know. to her, eveyrtime is a good time to jump. you'll need to enforce the rules for your pup not to jump. mine was jumping a ton when he got here. but he's learnt that if he jumps when he's not told to (ie. jump or up), he's not allowed to jump. Used to jump a lot when I prepared his food. So for me, that's the best time to teach, during food lol. they'll do anything for food. For me, my pup needs to learn to say please when he wants something, so, when he jumps = no food. When he sits = food. Quite a fast learner when food is in jeapordy Laugh

as for slippery surfaces there MIGHT be problems but for my mom's and sis's maltese they have not had any joint problems. think the reason PSY is trying to say, due to the slippery surfaces, your pup will need to strain the mucles/joints more to stand up or walk etc. as for the standing on hinds, well just don't over-do it. they are pups :D stopping them from doing what they want now, might emphasize to them they are NOT allowed to stand on two feets etc. so don't make a big deal out of it. just let them have fun, but control the amount of play-time and stress they put on themselves. when she wants to rest, let her, don't go poking her, or trying to move her etc. if she really wants to rest, immediately let her do it in a quiet place or somewher you know she can really rest. pups needs their sleep just as much.

psy also mentioned that keep an eye on their food in-take. not much argument there but there are owners that feels you should allow the puppy to eat all they want until they are full etc. so it's really up to you. for myself i'll let the pup eat the "recommended" amount for his/her weight of kibbles, BUT I only allow a good 15 minutes. AFter 15 minutes i'll take whatever is left in the bowl. first reason, should not leave any food in the bowl to begin with as your pup might develop a bad habit of not eating when she's supposed to cause food is ALWAYS available. Reason two, food will get stale and god knows what insects or stuff might get into the food and causing your pup to get sick.

usually joint problems can be seen in bigger breeds, and owners who feeds them food that boosts their growth. Their size grows but their bones and joints does not develop in proportion with the weight. that's when joint problems will occur. But if you really watch your pup's intake, making sure she gets all the balance nutrition she should be fine. What PSY said do have it's truth in it which I agree, but limiting what a pup does best (play) is almost just as bad as not giving them their required nutrients.

So play with the pup, but while it's young, keep the play sessions mild and short. As she grows you can increase the duration. keep food intake good and balanced. Be cautious but not overly worry-some mother. most importantly enjoy every moment with your furkid!

*rant off*

zephyros
Canine Addict

Oct 31, 2007, 11:52 PM

Post #20 of 29 (6330 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] dog milk for my pups [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi Mickey123,

*nod nod* you can try some that are soaked and some that are not. see if your pup is able to bite them. i rescued a pup about 6-7 week old. he did ok with small bite size kibbles, i just broke orijen puppy kibbles into 1/4 sizes and he'll munch on em. loves the crunching part. if you are worried you can try mixing some puppy can food. but don't mix too much or else your pup will start picking up the can food and spitting out the kibbles lol seen that before too Unsure

mickey123
Enthusiast

Nov 8, 2007, 4:59 AM

Post #21 of 29 (6190 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
The prancing and darting around I have no idea how to stop it but the jumping up....well you need to turn and receive it and cuddle it to calm it down. Hip is the issue here so if the breeder is happy.... well not sure how good the breeder is on the breed and slippery floors.

Anyway, it does sound you are enjoying your pup and that is the main issue.

thanks for the info.. after reading your message, I tried to cuddle her when shen jump on me, but she bit me when I cruddle her.. is it because of her vaccination? cause I did read a post about pups will become aggressive and bad tempered after the vaccinations.. yeah, about vaccinations, have you ever heard of "black dog" need more vaccinations than normal colour dog?? cause my vet (I don't know her, but my breeder introduced me to go to this vet for vaccinations) said that Billion need 4 vaccinations instead of 3... telling me that black dog needs more vaccinations.. then, whey pups are not allow to bath after the vaccinations?

mickey123
Enthusiast

Nov 8, 2007, 5:15 AM

Post #22 of 29 (6190 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zephyros] dog milk for my pups [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

it's not really that big of a deal as long as your pup does not OVER-DO it. it's just being a pup playing. but the jumping on people's back part, yea you'll definately need to teach that is a big no-no. or else in the future your pup will love to jump on you. whether it's alright to do so at that moment, your pup will not know. to her, eveyrtime is a good time to jump. you'll need to enforce the rules for your pup not to jump. mine was jumping a ton when he got here. but he's learnt that if he jumps when he's not told to (ie. jump or up), he's not allowed to jump. Used to jump a lot when I prepared his food. So for me, that's the best time to teach, during food lol. they'll do anything for food. For me, my pup needs to learn to say please when he wants something, so, when he jumps = no food. When he sits = food. Quite a fast learner when food is in jeapordy Laugh

as for slippery surfaces there MIGHT be problems but for my mom's and sis's maltese they have not had any joint problems. think the reason PSY is trying to say, due to the slippery surfaces, your pup will need to strain the mucles/joints more to stand up or walk etc. as for the standing on hinds, well just don't over-do it. they are pups :D stopping them from doing what they want now, might emphasize to them they are NOT allowed to stand on two feets etc. so don't make a big deal out of it. just let them have fun, but control the amount of play-time and stress they put on themselves. when she wants to rest, let her, don't go poking her, or trying to move her etc. if she really wants to rest, immediately let her do it in a quiet place or somewher you know she can really rest. pups needs their sleep just as much.

psy also mentioned that keep an eye on their food in-take. not much argument there but there are owners that feels you should allow the puppy to eat all they want until they are full etc. so it's really up to you. for myself i'll let the pup eat the "recommended" amount for his/her weight of kibbles, BUT I only allow a good 15 minutes. AFter 15 minutes i'll take whatever is left in the bowl. first reason, should not leave any food in the bowl to begin with as your pup might develop a bad habit of not eating when she's supposed to cause food is ALWAYS available. Reason two, food will get stale and god knows what insects or stuff might get into the food and causing your pup to get sick.

usually joint problems can be seen in bigger breeds, and owners who feeds them food that boosts their growth. Their size grows but their bones and joints does not develop in proportion with the weight. that's when joint problems will occur. But if you really watch your pup's intake, making sure she gets all the balance nutrition she should be fine. What PSY said do have it's truth in it which I agree, but limiting what a pup does best (play) is almost just as bad as not giving them their required nutrients.

So play with the pup, but while it's young, keep the play sessions mild and short. As she grows you can increase the duration. keep food intake good and balanced. Be cautious but not overly worry-some mother. most importantly enjoy every moment with your furkid!

*rant off*

In Reply To

In Reply To
Hi Mickey123,

*nod nod* you can try some that are soaked and some that are not. see if your pup is able to bite them. i rescued a pup about 6-7 week old. he did ok with small bite size kibbles, i just broke orijen puppy kibbles into 1/4 sizes and he'll munch on em. loves the crunching part. if you are worried you can try mixing some puppy can food. but don't mix too much or else your pup will start picking up the can food and spitting out the kibbles lol seen that before too Unsure

oh, really?? thanks.. I'll try that when the milk powder is finished..

mickey123
Enthusiast

Nov 8, 2007, 5:43 AM

Post #23 of 29 (6187 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

*rant off*

thanks for telling me in details, I learnt a lot from you.. I'll try to control her jumping during her feeding time.. ;) actually, she loves food, hahahah.. so, she won't left any food behind.. ahahhaa.. which is good.. :)

about running around: I think the only thing I can control is her weight.. hope that by doing this, will reduce her risk on getting the joints problem..

about the playing time: she'll play until she's tired and she'll get into the crate by herself to rest.. very cute.. but, if I force her in(normally is when I have work to do), she'll bark at me.. by the way, she'll stop it when she finds out that I won't let her out even if she barks at me..

zephyros
Canine Addict

Nov 8, 2007, 6:10 AM

Post #24 of 29 (6182 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

about running around: I think the only thing I can control is her weight.. hope that by doing this, will reduce her risk on getting the joints problem..

about the playing time: she'll play until she's tired and she'll get into the crate by herself to rest.. very cute.. but, if I force her in(normally is when I have work to do), she'll bark at me.. by the way, she'll stop it when she finds out that I won't let her out even if she barks at me..

sounds like my puppy too hehe. puppies will be puppies. just when they are tired let them rest and they will be ok. mine used to WHINE very loudly but now whines VERY softly cause he knows doesn't work but he wants to whine anyway, so i'll let him as long as it's soft, but he gets no attention from it that's for sure. as soon as he sits down, and keeps quiet, he'll get play time or food. as simple as that! whatever you want your puppy to do, keep the routine. Never break any rules you set for the puppy. Breaking the rule just ONCE, that's all it takes for the puppy to learn a bad habit that you'll suffer with for quite some time. whatever you do, Good Luck! and Have Fun!

mickey123
Enthusiast

Nov 8, 2007, 6:29 AM

Post #25 of 29 (6179 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

sounds like my puppy too hehe. puppies will be puppies. just when they are tired let them rest and they will be ok. mine used to WHINE very loudly but now whines VERY softly cause he knows doesn't work but he wants to whine anyway, so i'll let him as long as it's soft, but he gets no attention from it that's for sure. as soon as he sits down, and keeps quiet, he'll get play time or food. as simple as that! whatever you want your puppy to do, keep the routine. Never break any rules you set for the puppy. Breaking the rule just ONCE, that's all it takes for the puppy to learn a bad habit that you'll suffer with for quite some time. whatever you do, Good Luck! and Have Fun!

thanks.. :) I'll try my best to train her the right habbit.. hope that I won't break my own rules..

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my