Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
How to groom a 3 month old pup

reenee
Novice

Jun 19, 2007, 1:50 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1277 views)
Shortcut
How to groom a 3 month old pup Can't Post

May I ask, how do I groom a 3 month old Shih tzu puppy? Currently, I'm brushing him everyday but he doesn't really like it. He will also squirm when I try to comb his head. The fur on his face is really wet and smelly, it kind of stick together. How do I make it clean? I tried wiping him with cloth but he will think that I'm playing with him and starts to bite the cloth. He also won't let me anywhere near his face. By the way, the fur near his eyes are really long, what should I do about it? Help!Pirate

alicebear

Jun 19, 2007, 6:41 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1261 views)
Shortcut
Re: [reenee] How to groom a 3 month old pup [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Reenee... I also have a 6 months old shih tzu which have almost the same problem like your pup.He also dont like when I tried to comb his face. Try this... get him his favorite toy and make him concentrate bitting his toy. Slowly you can start comb one small part at a time... repeat this slowly n patience. One day comb a little more further then slowly your pup will get used to it. Maybe you can get the small comb as well... I bought one small tiny comb especially for the face n around eyes area.

Be patient & good luck in trying!!

reenee
Novice

Jun 19, 2007, 7:05 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1260 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alicebear] How to groom a 3 month old pup [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, I will try to get a smaller brush to brush him.Laugh Another problem is he's not scared of heights! I will put him on a chair but he will try to jump down, so scared he will injure himselfUnsure He will also wriggle whenever I hold him down...Pirate

alicebear

Jun 20, 2007, 3:14 AM

Post #4 of 6 (1249 views)
Shortcut

Hm... Not afaid of height Crazy This is very dangerous especially for puppies. You better say No to him when he tried to do that. My Shih Tzu is totally diff than yours... He is scare for everything... not dare to jump or afaid of loud noise ( like when something fall on the floor... Pirate) Even my house garden small drain he also take lots of time to jump over....

reenee
Novice

Jun 22, 2007, 3:09 AM

Post #5 of 6 (1231 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alicebear] How to groom a 3 month old pup [In reply to] Can't Post

yea, he's a very notty pup, not scared of anything oneLaugh currently im just brushing his fur but not on the face Unsure always bite the brush.he won't be still when I brush him too, only when I give him some treats...Pirate

alicebear

Jun 25, 2007, 4:04 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1198 views)
Shortcut

Treats definetely is a good distraction....

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my