Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Friendly Places:
dog park and dog friendly cafe?

bejamie
Novice

Jun 11, 2007, 10:26 PM

Post #1 of 12 (4365 views)
Shortcut
dog park and dog friendly cafe? Can't Post

Hi. I just came from Australia together with my dog. All the outdorr dining area at the cafes and restaurants, parks, jogging and walking trails, are dog friendly. Some even allowed dog off leash. I am so lost here in Sunway Damansara, I cannot find anywhere to go with my dog, friendly Labrador. He is such a poor thing here. Maybe we will go back Aus soon. Can anyone give me some info?

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jun 14, 2007, 10:27 PM

Post #2 of 12 (4321 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bejamie] dog park and dog friendly cafe? [In reply to] Can't Post

don't worry....there's alwiz place for your dogs to hang around....but ofcoz the situation here cannot be compare to australia...we are still way behind...

the 1st place that i would like to introduce you is the jungle trekking at Bukit Gasing on every Saturday morning 8.00am

the map is here...

hope your interested to join us.....v will b there this saturday...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Jun 14, 2007, 10:29 PM)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jun 14, 2007, 10:37 PM

Post #3 of 12 (4317 views)
Shortcut

another dog-friendly trial is at Taman Tun

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Jun 14, 2007, 10:38 PM)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jun 14, 2007, 10:54 PM

Post #4 of 12 (4313 views)
Shortcut

some dog friendly restaurant

1. Kiwi Express @ Sri Hartamas

2. The BullDog
31 & 31-1 Jalan Sri Hartamas 7
Taman Sri Hartamas
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03 6201 4484
Fax: 03 6201 4534
(but only allows dog on sunday, according to what i know last year)

3. Honey Bee Cafe @ SS2 PJ (same row as Coffee Bean)

4. Finnegans Irish Pub KL
corner of Jalan Berangan & Jalan Sultan Ismail (next to HSBC Bank ).

5. Wow Wow Cafe @ Hartamas

Ofcoz the dog-friendly cafe are not limited to the above listed. You can alwiz look for more. Just a note. Try to look out for cafes which provide outside seating, al fresco style. Avoid overly crowded cafes and ofcoz malay's restaurant. Preferably western or chinese restaurant. Even your dog is well-behaved, always keep him onleash, so that others non-dog-lovers will not get panic or frighten.

*p/s: Always pick up after your dog*

Pacco de Mongrel

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Jun 14, 2007, 10:56 PM)

bejamie
Novice

Jun 15, 2007, 1:42 AM

Post #5 of 12 (4304 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] dog park and dog friendly cafe? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, thank you so much for your info. I really appreciate it. I will try to see if I can make it this Saturday at Gasing. Hope to see other friendly cuties too. I brought Milky to Ikano yesterday and I asked the Starbuck if it is alright to bring my dog there. The girl was very nice and said we had to sit outside, so one new hangout place. But Milky cannot walk or run too long, he can hardly breathe, like having asthma. I felt so sorry for him, I just hope he can get use to the weather soon. I just gave him some ice cubes to cool down... Somemore I find people here afraid of big dog... Do you take your dog there often? Yours look cute too. Hope Milky wont scare your dog away hehe...

One question, the trail at Taman Tun has a specific time? it would be closer for us 1st time outing...

(This post was edited by bejamie on Jun 15, 2007, 1:48 AM)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jun 18, 2007, 6:08 PM

Post #6 of 12 (4255 views)
Shortcut

my dog been to ikano's pet safari a few time, but did not went to d starbuck cafe...

as for d taman tun trail, d time is not specific, coz i only know tat it was a dog-friendly place.....i'm not sure whether is there any gathering going on...

dun worry tat milky will scare away my dog...coz in fact, my pacco is actually a big-bully herself...Wink

Pacco de Mongrel

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jul 27, 2007, 2:46 AM

Post #7 of 12 (3895 views)
Shortcut

3. Honey Bee Cafe @ SS2 PJ (same row as Coffee Bean)

Just to update that the cafe above have closed down abt 4/5 months ago.

cheers,
minglmy

irenec
Enthusiast

Jul 27, 2007, 11:40 PM

Post #8 of 12 (3875 views)
Shortcut

Hi Amanda, where exactly in Tmn Tun? I can't figure out the exact place from the map. You are referring to the Tmn Tun Park?

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Jul 29, 2007, 2:08 PM

Post #9 of 12 (3846 views)
Shortcut

I was under the impression that dogs were not welcome at the taman tun place? I've walked there once with my dog, and there're usually lots of people there in the morning, and nobody objected, but I was told that there used to be a no doggie sign at the entrance before they took it down to construct the new guard house.

irenec
Enthusiast

Jul 30, 2007, 6:43 PM

Post #10 of 12 (3823 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] dog park and dog friendly cafe? [In reply to] Can't Post

Dogs are not allowed inside the TTDI park. I think Amanda may be referring to the small trail next to the parking lot. Went to check it out and saw some people with their dogs there. Is that the place?

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jul 30, 2007, 8:51 PM

Post #11 of 12 (3810 views)
Shortcut
Re: [irenec] dog park and dog friendly cafe? [In reply to] Can't Post

yea, i'm refering 2 d trail....i actually never been there b4...but i know a group of frenz who bring their dogs there alwiz..

Pacco de Mongrel

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Jul 30, 2007, 11:09 PM

Post #12 of 12 (3794 views)
Shortcut

Hmm didn't notice any jungle trails.

I know there's this fenced in park with a couple of ponds, some slides and see saws and stuff which is definitely no no for dogs, and then there's this asphalt track that does a loop through a secondary forest, and that one I'm told is also no no for dogs. So near the guardhouse at the start of this asphalt track there's a dirt track which is dog friendly?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my