Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Dog with Enlarged Heart...a rare heart disease?

lovemybibi
Novice

May 31, 2007, 1:04 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1101 views)
Shortcut
Dog with Enlarged Heart...a rare heart disease? Can't Post

My dog x-ray shows she has an enlarged heart...and it causing her the "honking cough" and have difficulty in breathing, her tougue once turn to bluish due to lack of oxygen. Luckily she back to normal when I blow air in her mouth . Now she's on Clavamox antibiotic and cough suppression. Wondering her heart is filled with fluid, I'm still monitoring her progress...worried for my girl

Anyone experienced this rare case? Would appreciate to share anything related.
Wink

"He's your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion" ~unknown~

supermutts
K9 Senior

May 31, 2007, 5:59 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1095 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lovemybibi] Dog with Enlarged Heart...a rare heart disease? [In reply to] Can't Post

well u should ask ur vet bout this n' ask until u are satisfied by his/her explanation....

hope she'll get well soon.

a search online could reveal some results.

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

PangurBan
Old Kaki

May 31, 2007, 4:22 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1093 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lovemybibi] Dog with Enlarged Heart...a rare heart disease? [In reply to] Can't Post

Did the vet suggest what caused the enlargement of the heart? Is the antibiotic meant to treat a known secondary infection or is it just simply tembak as a prophylactic measure? Does the dog have heartworms?

Is he going to address the root cause? Unless you can ascertain what exactly is causing the enlargement, I don't see how you're going to solve this problem.

coffee

Jun 23, 2007, 11:02 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1038 views)
Shortcut

Actually heart problem is not that rare. In fact it is relatively common. The most common one being Heart worm infection. That's why pangurban ask about Heartworm test. The antibiotic given is to treat respiratory infection if any or to treat the other cause of heart problem whic is the bacteria endocarditis, infection at the heart valve. Especially common if your dog has very bad dental tartar.

Generally, blusih discoloration is not a good news. Means the body is not getting enough oxygen. Most likely need heart medication and diuretics.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my