Home: Behavioral Problems: Digging, Bitting, Licking, Pulling and Chewing:
HELP !!!!

quincy1802
Novice

May 23, 2007, 1:15 AM

Post #1 of 9 (2915 views)
Shortcut
HELP !!!! Can't Post

my bf took my cash back and leave his monie at my place now. she become queen lah, running around here and there, digging here and there and licking everything that is around the house. include table, chair, tv cabinet, fridge................

and the most terrible things is, she like to bite! dun care what ever things that is on floor, on table, as long as is reachable for her (include my leg and hand) last nite when she sleep with me, she bite my cloth that i put in warbdrobe, bite my bra, bite my handphone charger, her bed and even my bed !!!!

this is the most terrible things that happen in my house since i have they both, cash is almost same ages as her also, but cash never got this kind of behaviour, just this new girl got this kind of attitude problem. even i hit her also, she do the same things.

YanYan
Enthusiast

May 23, 2007, 5:39 AM

Post #2 of 9 (2906 views)
Shortcut
Re: [quincy1802] HELP !!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Frownquincy 1802

Pups will tend to bite more when she/he is at teething

time. Digging and licking is also a common things that will

happen among puppies. Every puppies' personalities is

different so some will be naughty and some will be the

other way round. Since she will bite your bed so try to

avoid putting her to sleep on your bed unless she can

be good. Have to train her not to bite everytime she

did that,say NO loudly ya. Try not to hit her so hard oh,

she will turn to be afraid of you if she gets frequent

beating. Although her bitting attitude can be annoying

at times,train her with patience lor. Wish you luck!Frown

Amanda85
Doggyman

May 23, 2007, 5:48 PM

Post #3 of 9 (2897 views)
Shortcut

it seems like ur puppy is a little too energetic...

try not to let her roam around freely without supervision as this will only lead to more misbehaviour n destroying...

sacrifice some time n bring her out for a long walk or a jog to burn out her excessive energy...

n offer chew toys for her so that she got her own stuff to chew on n play wit...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

May 23, 2007, 10:36 PM

Post #4 of 9 (2891 views)
Shortcut

U may want to temporarily placed the puppy in the crate and give her chewtoys lor and make sure they are supervised all the time while ur at home and dun leave the things u want them to bite around, my Nana also has the tendency to bite only me and my mum's toes in the mornings, she wont dare to bite my dad or my bf one..u scold her, smack her no use..

quincy1802
Novice

May 24, 2007, 8:32 PM

Post #5 of 9 (2880 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessyca_loh] HELP !!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks jess, i've try the way u teach me, but it just turn worst, she will cry and scratch the cage if i crate her, until i cannot tahan, let her come out, and the situation turn more worst, when i sleep, she will bite my toes, bite and run away, then come and bite then run, until whole nite i cant sleep well with her behaviour.

i got put soft toys and chewable toys for her, but seems like those things all cant attract her. maybe my nails, toes and leg is more tasty and chewable for her gua

and if i shout at her say "NO", clap hand when she do mistake, or even hit her backside also useless for her. she seems like dunno and will act selamba. coz this puppy is my bf's, i think is not soo suitable for me to hit her or treat her on my way, coz not everybody can accept our way to teach their pups.

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

May 24, 2007, 8:41 PM

Post #6 of 9 (2879 views)
Shortcut

Honestly i do smack Nana's backside or close her mouth one when she bites or try ignoring her but she will still bite me lor.

maybe u try buying rawhides or greenies for her and see, when Nana is chewing this, she has no time to bite me liao..

quincy1802
Novice

May 24, 2007, 9:15 PM

Post #7 of 9 (2878 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessyca_loh] HELP !!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

try all that u mention abouve

but still same

maybe when we bring her back she almost 4 months, difficult to teach gua

YanYan
Enthusiast

May 25, 2007, 3:18 PM

Post #8 of 9 (2866 views)
Shortcut

I think 4 months old pup is not too late to be train lor.

Maybe you need more time to train her since she is so

naughty.Frown By the way,this king of bitting behaviour happened for how long d?

(This post was edited by YanYan on May 25, 2007, 3:22 PM)

quincy1802
Novice

May 26, 2007, 6:10 AM

Post #9 of 9 (2848 views)
Shortcut
Re: [YanYan] HELP !!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

her bitting behaviour start after 2 days we took her from breeder. at 1st day, she is kinda scared, coz new place, new environment and meet with our 1st kid (cash) and i'm kinda afraid that cash will bully her (monie), so she been more pampered by me.

will it cause by too pampered and she start with this kind of behaviour? and after 3 days stay at my place, my bf took her back to stay with him. when she is at his place, she is mostly been crate, that's why my bf didnt notice about her habit till i took her back at 12 may from my bf house and my bf turn to take care cash. her bitting habit getting worse and worse, and last nite, she even bite wall and tiles

i got buy lots of toys for them, but she dont like, just will play with the toys unless i was sitting there too and play with her. every nite, i will listen the sound of "krek krek krek" when she bitting thing, very scary.

is too pity for them to crate them whole day, but if i let her out at night, i cant get a nice sleep, anyone can help? actually is quit serious

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my