Hi I´m new and hope to move to Malaysia with my dogs

wanttoliveinmy
Novice

May 17, 2007, 10:43 AM

Post #1 of 11 (491 views)
Shortcut
Hi I´m new and hope to move to Malaysia with my dogs Can't Post

Hi everyone,

I´m so glad I found this forum, it looks brilliant!

I´m a dog lover and breed Maltese (on a small scale at home) - I have three, and I also have two larger dogs, a poodly mix and a Retriever I rescued.

I´m also thinking of moving to Malaysia as I find the winters very difficult and can´t bear the cold winters in Europe.

I´ve got lots of questions about Malaysia and one of them´s already been answered by finding this forum - and that is, it´s a dog friendly place!

I´m living in Spain at the moment, though I´m half French and half British. I long for year round warmth and I´m sure Malaysia is the place for me, I´ve heard nothing but good things about it from friends I have who have lived there. I can´t wait to find out more!

I´m really looking forward to meeting you all. If any of you want to know anything about Spain or UK or France, just ask. Meanwhile I can´t wait to get to Malaysia!

Louisa
I have several dogs and want to live in Malaysia!
I´d love to meet other dog owners in Malaysia
I´d like to live in the countryside not far from a village or town

loolick

May 17, 2007, 5:49 PM

Post #2 of 11 (483 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wanttoliveinmy] Hi I´m new and hope to move to Malaysia with my dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey,

Welcome to puppy.com.my! Glad to know that you love Malaysia so much! Have you been to Malaysia? I would advise you to take a visit on your own before moving over. Listening is different from your own experience. I do know that it is quite normal for people in Europe to relocate, but Malaysia is a different country from those in Europe. Culture is different too!

jessicaohh
ALPHA

May 17, 2007, 7:14 PM

Post #3 of 11 (481 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wanttoliveinmy] Hi I´m new and hope to move to Malaysia with my dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

welcome glad to hear that u love malaysia....

well, i agree with you...weather wise, malaysia is a nice place....but if you wan to talk about dog friendly place, well....i'm not quite sure.....

dogs are allowed here and i wouldn't say it is a very friendly place....for instance, you cant bring dogs to shopping, and there are only a handful of place where dogs are allowed. i'm not trying to scare you off but would like you to know the culture here....

but of course, although malaysia is not considered a real 'dog friendly' country, but there are dog lovers around who would have gatherings and some events occasionally...and this forum is one of them!!!

anyway, nice to know youWink

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

wanttoliveinmy
Novice

May 17, 2007, 11:08 PM

Post #4 of 11 (473 views)
Shortcut
Re: [loolick] Hi I´m new and hope to move to Malaysia with my dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes I´ll definitely be taking a trip out there on my own before I decide to finally move out there, to find out if I really like it.. it´d be crazy not to.. so all my plans are still very flexible and I´m trying to find out as much as I can before I even go out there on a long visit to see how I feel when I´m there.. but I think I probably will like it a lot. I´ve already been to a country which has a similar culture - Turkey.. I went there four times because I liked it so much and I´d be living there if it wasn´t for the cold winters there. I felt very much at home there. People were a lot kinder and more open and friendly generally than in Europe. I come from an unusual background and don´t really slot into a western frame - my mother was French and she was brought up in Morrocco as a child for example.. I really like the Islamic culture from what I know of it in Turkey, and I don´t drink alcohol, unlike most Westerners who can´t seem to live without it. In fact I´m not really like most Westerners at all.. which is why I think I´d really like it in Malaysia..

Yes I´m sure Malaysia has it´s down sides like everywhere else in the world but I think it sounds more like my kind of place generally. Of course I won´t know till I visit and see for myself, but meanwhile, before I visit, coming to this forum and sharing common interests about dogs seems like a great way to find out more and meet real Malaysians! So thank for replying to my posts and telling me a bit about life over there, I really appreciate it! Smile

Louisa

winy
Novice

May 18, 2007, 7:33 AM

Post #5 of 11 (465 views)
Shortcut

hi,

i really think you should think twice before you move here.Malaysia is a nice place to visit for the food and stuff but relocating here mmmmm........i m not so sure.And if you like i*****c culture did you know that they dont touch dog? well malaysia is a good place if you like it.

wanttoliveinmy
Novice

May 18, 2007, 9:14 AM

Post #6 of 11 (462 views)
Shortcut
Re: [winy] Hi I´m new and hope to move to Malaysia with my dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Well of course.. I´m thinking more than twice Crazy Winy.. I´m thinking a trillion times.. and it is indeed a very personal decision.. I´m finding out as much as possible in terms of hard facts and getting to know people already out there.. before even coming to visit.. and what is right for one person most definitely isn´t right for another.. The path each one of us takes in life is ours uniquely..

Louisa

vinoviruz
ALPHA

May 19, 2007, 7:31 PM

Post #7 of 11 (445 views)
Shortcut

hi thr & welcome,

if ur lookin for a more subtle environment to live, i would suggest penang.

muahahha BOL

cheers

ezekiel 25:17

benben
Novice

May 20, 2007, 8:59 PM

Post #8 of 11 (430 views)
Shortcut

For me, i have stayed in kl for quite some time and then i moved to ipoh. Due to work now i am staying in johor 'just next to singapore'. it's not that i don't prefere kl, but kl is a big city with many busy working ppl. Lots of traffic going on but lots of k9 lovers too. As for the place i am staying now is actually quite a boring place i must say. Here has lots of muslim resident, so not much of freedom for my doggie here. Penang is a very nice place, you should try and visit penang and i am sure you will like it there. Its an island, so it is surrounded by sea and not to mention the food there. i should say the food there is the best in malaysia hehehe. but 1 thing that the houses there won't be cheap.

maspoms
Dog Kichi

May 27, 2007, 9:30 PM

Post #9 of 11 (398 views)
Shortcut

HI LOUISA

THIS IS PETER LEE FROM KUALA LUMPUR THAT I'M A BREEDER AND A HOW HANDLER I BREED POMERANIAN , ON MARCH MY DOG JUST WIN BEST JUNIOR IN SHOW AND BEST IN GROUP , NEXT MONTH ON JUN 16 WE HAVE A FCI SHOW AND MALAYSIA SHOW IF U REALLY INTERESTED TO SEE SOME OF MY DOG DO E-MAIL ME AT plkm22@hotmail.com or maspoms@hotmail.com or maspoms@yahoo.com my kennel name is call maspoms that means malaysia pomeranian

thanks

see you soon

regards
peterWink

In Reply To

Code

wanttoliveinmy
Novice

May 27, 2007, 10:56 PM

Post #10 of 11 (393 views)
Shortcut
Re: [maspoms] Hi I´m new and hope to move to Malaysia with my dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Peter, Thanks for replying to my post here! It´s good to meet you!

I love Pomeranians. Right now I´ve got a tiny blind Pomeranian that I´m looking after, he is 7 years old and was used for breeding, the breeder doesn´t want him any more and I´m trying to give him a better quality of life... but I´m looking for an even better home for him where he can be an only dog, or with just one other small dog for company, so he gets all the personal care and attention he really needs... and also if I´m thinking of moving to Malaysia I already have too many dogs! It´s going to be quite hard for me to make the move with so many. Not counting the Pom, I have 5.

I´m still looking out, via email, for places I could afford to live with all my dogs in peace and quiet.. no close neighbours.. not too far away from a town, but not IN a town.. If you hear of anything let me know! I really need to know places exist that I can afford, before I come out for good look round to see if I really like Malaysia enough to move there.. it will be a very expensive trip, and quite hard to organise getting my dogs looked after over here while I come over for a look, so I want to do a lot of research in advance.

How many Poms have you got, altogether?

I´ll go and look at your website..

Louisa

wanttoliveinmy
Novice

May 27, 2007, 11:06 PM

Post #11 of 11 (392 views)
Shortcut
Re: [maspoms] Hi I´m new and hope to move to Malaysia with my dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi again Peter, Sorry I mis-read your email, it wasn´t a website you wrote about!

Anyway congratulations on your success showing your Pomeranian, you must be very proud of him/her!

In your little ID photo here, it looks very similar to the one I´m fostering.. a brown one, just like a little fox!

I´d love to know how many Poms you have.. and what kind of lifestyle you lead out there in Malaysia..

I think Poms and Maltese are my favourite breeds, though I like all dogs really!

And here´s a question for everyone -

Just out of interest, how much does it cost for vets in Malaysia.. For example, to get a puppy all its vaccinations? A consultation if your puppy has, for example, ear parasites? How much does it cost to buy flea/tick treatments? If you could tell me what you pay for those things in MYR I could get a rough idea of how things are over there, price-wise, and work out if I can afford it.

Regards,

Louisa

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my