Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
Black patches on my shih tzu skin..

wba84
Dog Kichi

May 11, 2007, 1:32 AM

Post #1 of 5 (3935 views)
Shortcut
Black patches on my shih tzu skin.. Can't Post

Hi, I notice there are some black patches (looks something like cow patch) on my shih tzu skin.. it was sum where near his private part.. i juz notice that recently.. any idea what is that?

-------------------------------------------------
Visit Bobby At www.dogster.com/?395955 ^^

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

May 11, 2007, 9:55 PM

Post #2 of 5 (3923 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wba84] Black patches on my shih tzu skin.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Most probably contact dermatitis. The area on the skin is the area where he/she when lie down touches the floor right? The black patches are flaky and can be peeled off right? Smells weird too and might have some pimple like filled pus?

My puppy also got those weird black patches near his penile area. Took him to the vet yesterday and vet says contact dermatitis. Gave some cream and told us to apply at least 2 times a day. Then Monday see how. Still no improvement only jab wor. Now my puppy only 3 months old, so vet say too young to start on anti-biotic oral or jab. But the vet used Iodine to clean the area lor. Must peel off all the black spots as that is dried blood and will cause secondary infection.

Hope this helps.

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

wba84
Dog Kichi

May 12, 2007, 1:29 AM

Post #3 of 5 (3916 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] Black patches on my shih tzu skin.. [In reply to] Can't Post

hmmm.. it is not flaky woh.. i try to use wet cloth and rub it.. it doesn't go off.. i read on internet that i could be the flea dirt so i try use wet white cloth to rub it c if it will eventually turn red.. nothing happen.. hopefully it is nothing..

Visit Bobby At www.dogster.com/?395955 ^^

Lil_Gizmo
Novice

Oct 30, 2007, 7:58 PM

Post #4 of 5 (3666 views)
Shortcut

I juz noticed some "black" pathes on Gizmo's upper body too. Noticed it a couple of weeks ago while bathing him, but i tot tats a scar resulting from the jabs/microchip implant. But recently, i noticed more around his upper body. Steffy mentioned it might be dermatitis, but its not flacky nor smells. Any idea wat it is? In fact there is one particular "black" patch with small black dots on it. Please help!! Thanks!

CEDRICSIN
Novice

Oct 31, 2007, 8:57 AM

Post #5 of 5 (3661 views)
Shortcut

mind to show us the pics of the black patches?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my