HUSKY PUPPY Wanted

lsstwttw
New User

May 9, 2007, 9:23 AM

Post #1 of 5 (879 views)
Shortcut
HUSKY PUPPY Wanted Can't Post

Hi all,

Good morning. I wish to buy husky puppy for my new double storey house. However, there are few things i need to know prior making the decision to get one.

a. Is Siberian Husky (SH) a good guard dog?

b. Does SH have odour like St. Bernard or Bull mastiff? I cannot stand with odour.. Tongue

c. Does SH need a lot of attention and suit to keep in double storey front car park?

Please advise.

Thank you.

TW

(This post was edited by lsstwttw on May 9, 2007, 9:43 AM)

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

May 9, 2007, 8:41 PM

Post #2 of 5 (867 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lsstwttw] HUSKY PUPPY Wanted [In reply to] Can't Post

AIYAYAYAYA Pirate..... with our horribly hot weather, I personally is an extremely strong believer in NOT PUTTING a SH out there in the outdoors. Unless you have an outdoor portion of the house which is air-conditioned. Angelic

First of all, Huskies like Malamutes are SNOW DOGS....which means they are born and bred to be in a cool place like Alaska and Siberia and not Malaysia or Mexico or Africa. Given me, why would I want a husky, it's because it's beautiful, the coat is fantastic and they have such piercing and yet charming look on them. They are basically gentle giants. To get such fantastic coat, you have to avoid the sun at all cost. Put them in rooms with temperature as cold as your air-con can go and viola....you get huskies with coats as beautiful as their long distance siblings in cold countries. I have friends with beautiful huskies in US and they are all kept indoors especially during Summer even though their summer is nothing like the weather in Malaysia. When I get back here, I see ppl putting their beautiful huskies out there in the sun. That really saddens me. If you cant afford to keep a husky in-door (I'm not even talking bout air-conditioned ur house 24/7, but just keeping them away from the sun), then reconsider getting one. Then again, the universal argument applies lor. DOGS WILL ADAPT. True...i totally agree, you can put a husky directly under the sun and they will adapt. But they wont look like a husky anymore lah. Laugh

Guard dogs..........hahahahaha you better reconsider getting something else. They are sledge dogs and was never bred to jaga rumah or any property. Their sole purpose was bred to tarik orang and goods in Winter Wonderland. Well you can always be the first to send your husky for some guard dog training. Hahahahaah see whether the trainer will take u in or not lor.

Odour ah.......well if you keep ur dog indoor, then sure smell less lor but if you put it outside, with our heat and humidity, the poor fella also will sweat mah. Mai got smell lor.

Well it's just my personal opinion ok. Poor fella lah if you wanna put him outside........aiyoo my ACS also wont even step out of the house when it's freaking hot out there. And my ACS was never bred to be in winter wonderland somemore.

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

PangurBan
Old Kaki

May 9, 2007, 11:37 PM

Post #3 of 5 (864 views)
Shortcut

c. Wah lau you keep husky at the front of the house people sure come and curi wan.

lsstwttw
New User

May 10, 2007, 9:09 PM

Post #4 of 5 (847 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] HUSKY PUPPY Wanted [In reply to] Can't Post

Many thanks to sifu here.

Okay, i guess i have to stick to no dog for my new house but to put on CCTV instead.Tongue

Have a pleasant day ya!

Regards,

lsstwttw

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

May 10, 2007, 9:23 PM

Post #5 of 5 (844 views)
Shortcut

LOL....u got other choice mah........dogs like GSD and Rotttie are bred to Jaga Rumah or Property. Get those lor......of even mongrels. I think 9/10 mongrels can jaga rumah better than pedigrees can. Perfect examples are my 2 pathetic house guard at home.......hahahahahahah.....they only bark at posmen, garbage collectors, salesman and those ppl putting fliers and CATS too! everyone else is BEST FRIEND. Crazy

Dogs can provide you the companionship that CCTV cant!

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my