Used Grooming Table and Air Force Dryer wanted

irenekang
Novice

May 6, 2007, 7:46 AM

Post #1 of 18 (3603 views)
Shortcut
Used Grooming Table and Air Force Dryer wanted Can't Post

Hi,

Anybody has a used grooming table or used airforce dryer for sale in Penang?..... Makes it easier for me to groom my dogs.

princes
Novice

May 7, 2007, 4:30 PM

Post #2 of 18 (3588 views)
Shortcut
Re: [irenekang] Used Grooming Table and Air Force Dryer wanted [In reply to] Can't Post

i know there is a grooming salon in Penang selling grooming table and dryer but i think they onlly sell brand new.

jessicaohh
ALPHA

May 7, 2007, 8:51 PM

Post #3 of 18 (3586 views)
Shortcut
Re: [princes] Used Grooming Table and Air Force Dryer wanted [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

may i know which grooming centre that sell this? any idea how much?

thanks!

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

May 7, 2007, 10:51 PM

Post #4 of 18 (3577 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Used Grooming Table and Air Force Dryer wanted [In reply to] Can't Post

hmmm i saw some of these stuff at the pet supplies sea park in ss2 before. if i'm not wrong, the drier itself was 500++, less than 1k for sure and the set, table and drier was a few thousands. Crazy

maybe that was professional range lor, thats why so expensive. Dont know got amateur range or not. Hahaha....for ppl like us.

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

princes
Novice

May 8, 2007, 4:21 PM

Post #5 of 18 (3568 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Used Grooming Table and Air Force Dryer wanted [In reply to] Can't Post

i saw it at the new grooming centre @ Prima Tanjung the one opposite Sun City Cafe. Forgot how much it cost but there are many type of blower/dryer, so must be pricing different lor...

jessicaohh
ALPHA

May 8, 2007, 5:01 PM

Post #6 of 18 (3567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811 & princes] Used Grooming Table and Air Force Dryer wanted [In reply to] Can't Post

wah......so expensive ah? aiyoyo....if like dat, then mayb i'l stick to my old way of bathing n grooming them la....hahahahahahah....

hi princes, hv u tried the grooming at the new shop at prima tanjung? how;s it? any idea on the price range?

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

princes
Novice

May 8, 2007, 6:32 PM

Post #7 of 18 (3564 views)
Shortcut

Emmmmm..... i sticked to this saloon for my poodle grooming since i owned my poodle. They were homebased previously. Noticed their kang hu is different with others as they are Japanese trained. In fact, you can jz drop by and have a look at their before and after grooming photos display in their shop. I prefer their grooming as my poodle looks not that thin and long after groomed. Price range are RM60-RM70. Off course if fully hand scissoring will be something like RM70 lor.

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

May 8, 2007, 7:39 PM

Post #8 of 18 (3561 views)
Shortcut

Eh yeah lah...i also got a shock when I saw the price. But sure look pretty cool though......hahahahah Sly

I got some help from some of my mechanical/robotics engineer friends and ask them if there is any way to make the cute colored Panasonic Vacuum cleaner softer. Those are about RM200 and I also asked them if its possible to create a 2 way switch to it. You know like how car air-conditioner and heater works. Shift left and it's heating, shift right and u get cool air. So I asked them if there is any way to change the polarity or whatever technical term the use so that instead of sucking in air, change it to blow out air. Hahahah they say they will get back to me after they take a look at the vacuum cleaner. Theoretically, it can be done, just reverse the mechanism but whether its feasible or not, they have to look into the vacuum first. Hahahah if can ah, wohoooooo I can get a silent blower for RM200 only worrr............hahahahahah

As for the table, just get a narrow slightly higher table and go to hardware shop, get like a rubberised piece, cut to the table top size and glue it to the top lah. Settled. LOL....i'm just dreaming big time here. Who knows might be feasible.

Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

jessicaohh
ALPHA

May 9, 2007, 12:48 AM

Post #9 of 18 (3548 views)
Shortcut
Re: [princes] Used Grooming Table and Air Force Dryer wanted [In reply to] Can't Post

oh icic....ok...will go n hv a look..mayb let my girls try the grooming there...so far, i hv been bringing them to tanjung pet salon...

so far so good there la....but since the place oso somewhere there, no harm trying...heheheheWink

thanks!

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

jessicaohh
ALPHA

May 9, 2007, 1:08 AM

Post #10 of 18 (3547 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] Used Grooming Table and Air Force Dryer wanted [In reply to] Can't Post

wah...cool idea if it really works, i think we can really save a lot of money!!!

true oso...perhaps i will go n look at the grooming table n diy myself..heheheeheheh!!!

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

irenekang
Novice

May 9, 2007, 9:20 AM

Post #11 of 18 (3528 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] Used Grooming Table and Air Force Dryer wanted [In reply to] Can't Post

What a creative idea, making your own blower and grooming table! The blower and grooming table sure is expensive......... can't afford them that's why looking for second hand ones, lor. Maybe someone should make cheaper ones for sale to amateur home groomers, like us ...ha, ha!

PangurBan
Old Kaki

May 9, 2007, 2:39 PM

Post #12 of 18 (3525 views)
Shortcut

no need to go to all that trouble. I have a panasonic vacuum thingy. I just need to stick the nozzle into some hole round the back, and that one blows instead of suck.

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

May 9, 2007, 7:10 PM

Post #13 of 18 (3520 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] Used Grooming Table and Air Force Dryer wanted [In reply to] Can't Post

Round the back?? Where where?

I thought only got one outlet mah......i'll go back and have a look at it. If you stick it into the other back hole, then the front one how? Cover with what? At the back of my vacuum cleaner if not mistaken only the wires come out from there and there's a slot to put the tiny accessories lor. Where got another hole?

Eh give some insight, I'll go back and have a try before my friends come up with a permenant plan that might not actually work. Hahahaha.....

But if we do that, isnt it a little too loud. The whole reason I asked my friends to take a look at it and see if they can soften the vacuum cleaner or not.

PangurBan
Old Kaki

May 9, 2007, 10:58 PM

Post #14 of 18 (3512 views)
Shortcut

Mine's the Panasonic Bagless Vac Cleanear MC-4620 1400 Watts.

It's got a round thing with a flap marked 'Blower' at the back just above the niche where the plug sits.

It is a bit loud and it would be good if you can fit a rheostat to reduce the power when you want to blow. Not a problem for my dog because she attacks the vacuum cleaner when I use it, but my cat is frightened to death of the noise. Let me know if you find a solution to the noise.

kelwts
Dog Kichi

May 10, 2007, 3:42 AM

Post #15 of 18 (3500 views)
Shortcut

Wink Hi ,

Don't have to worry about modifying yr vacumn cleaner . Just try to get one of those WET/DRY vacumn cleaners at Tesco or Carrefour / Makro. They cost less than RM150.00 . Those vacumn cleaners can either suck or blow .

As for the grooming table , go to Makro and get a BANQUET TABLE ( Foldable ) . Then get two rubber car mats and you've got a grooming table . This would cost you about RM80 - 90.

Good Luck

Regards

Kelwts

irenekang
Novice

May 10, 2007, 6:57 AM

Post #16 of 18 (3497 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelwts] Used Grooming Table and Air Force Dryer wanted [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi

Thanks for info. For the grooming table, where can I get a clamp? One of my doggies will not stand up while grooming......need to tie her leash to a clamp to make her stand. She's so cute but very lazy.

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

May 10, 2007, 9:15 PM

Post #17 of 18 (3484 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelwts] Used Grooming Table and Air Force Dryer wanted [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow....kewl kewl....so i need those wet/dry vacuum lah. Will go to tesco and take a look this weekend. Hahahahaha

Yeah will bear Banquet table in mind. Or any small narrow table enough that is high enough lor. Thanks for idea mannn....

Pangur, yeah will update if can find a solution to soften the 'blower'. hahahahahahaha there we go, we have out very own set of DIY Grooming Equipments.

irenekang
Novice

May 14, 2007, 6:55 PM

Post #18 of 18 (3455 views)
Shortcut

Hi Kelwts,

Will the WET/DRY vacuum cleaners from Tesco or Carrefour/Makro blow out cold or hot air? If cold air, wouldn't our doggies catch a cold? Then it may not be suitable. ....pity them only, they will be shivering.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my