Jun 16, 2007, 12:52 AM
Post #141 of 144
Yeah woh! Scruffy drank and he got drunk. Actually it wasn't so simple. You see I have a bar at home. When I am at work Scruffy has full run of the house meaning he is not caged up or tied up. One day when I came back to work, I found a broken bottle of Vodka at home. Scruffy loves to eat oranges and so happenned the vodka was Absolute Mandarin which was orange flavoured vodka. He must have broken the bottle and drank the vodka thinking it was orange juice. When I got home I really panicked because I didnt know if he had swallowed some glass and that was what caused him to vomit or the alcohol. He refused to eat that night and was constantly vomitting. In the morning his condition did not improve so I rush him to the vet. However, the vet could not do much for him too because there was no way to tell if he has swallowed glass by doing an Xray. So in the end, I had to admit him and the vet put him on glucose drip. That was all we could do. The vet can only monitor him and treat him as the symptoms appear. He was hospitalized for 3 days, drove me up the wall with worry, I cried constantly for the 3 days till my eyes swollen, could not eat myself, spent RM500 and all this because he got drunk!!!
Re: [sookchuen] Malaysia Dog Olympic Day 2007, May 27, Central Park, Bandar Utama
[In reply to]
So now I have learned my lesson my bar is locked all the time now.