Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
Hello from Anna in Malacca!

anna13
Dog Kichi

May 3, 2007, 8:42 PM

Post #1 of 20 (823 views)
Shortcut
Hello from Anna in Malacca! Can't Post

Hello everyone! Heard about this site for quite sometime and now I am here!!

I am dog lover and own two dogs at this moment ( it use top be 11 at one time!!Crazy)Cool

Hope to learn alot from all of you dog lover!!
Treat the animals the way YOU wanted to be treated!!

loolick

May 3, 2007, 9:09 PM

Post #2 of 20 (816 views)
Shortcut
Re: [anna13] Hello from Anna in Malacca! [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome...............

goofydip
Veteran

May 3, 2007, 11:23 PM

Post #3 of 20 (811 views)
Shortcut

hi hi & welcome

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

anna13
Dog Kichi

May 4, 2007, 8:42 PM

Post #4 of 20 (792 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] Hello from Anna in Malacca! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you Novice and K9 Maniac!!Sly I like your nick..K9 Maniac..cool!!

loolick

May 5, 2007, 12:29 AM

Post #5 of 20 (786 views)
Shortcut

anna13,

Novice and K9 Maniac not our nick, our nick is "loolick" and "goofydip" Wink

anna13
Dog Kichi

May 5, 2007, 5:32 AM

Post #6 of 20 (783 views)
Shortcut
Re: [loolick] Hello from Anna in Malacca! [In reply to] Can't Post

My god!! I just realize that!! Soo sorry!! silly me!! I am a are those some kind of title?? Sorry, I am new here!!Blush

loolick

May 5, 2007, 6:36 PM

Post #7 of 20 (766 views)
Shortcut

Wink...not to worry....

vinoviruz
ALPHA

May 8, 2007, 7:32 PM

Post #8 of 20 (735 views)
Shortcut

hi thr & welcome

ezekiel 25:17

jessicaohh
ALPHA

May 8, 2007, 9:49 PM

Post #9 of 20 (727 views)
Shortcut

hello anna welcome

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

anna13
Dog Kichi

May 8, 2007, 11:23 PM

Post #10 of 20 (717 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Hello from Anna in Malacca! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you vina and jessica!!! Cute dog you got there!!

kaychia

May 9, 2007, 7:41 PM

Post #11 of 20 (707 views)
Shortcut

Hi there, Anna!Frown

Wat doggies have you got with you now?

anna13
Dog Kichi

May 9, 2007, 9:55 PM

Post #12 of 20 (693 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kaychia] Hello from Anna in Malacca! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, I have a male English and American male cocker spaniel name Gubben and a stray super guard dog name Lisa!Cool

wanttoliveinmy
Novice

May 17, 2007, 11:01 AM

Post #13 of 20 (650 views)
Shortcut

Hi Anna and everyone here,

Iīm new here too! Iīve just joined today. Itīs a miracle I found this forum and website, I wasnīt even looking for it, I was just doing a search on 'dog teething' for a friend, and I never even put the word Malaysia in.. and this Malaysian dog forum came up and I am totally amazed, because Iīm crazy about dogs and Iīm ALSO thinking about moving to Malaysia!! So I think this is fate! I joined immediately.. So youīre in Malacca.. Iīve heard itīs a beautiful area..

Do many people have dogs out there? I think Iīd have to look for a place thatīs in the countryside somewhere, with no close neighbours.. because Iīm afraid Iīd get complaints from neighbours about my dogs barking.. Do you know if there are very inexpensive little houses with a bit of fenced or walled garden/land? All I find on the net is bungalows for rich business people that I canīt possibly afford. Iīm on my own and I donīt have much money. All Iīm looking for is a simple life in a warm climate. Does anyone have any info on that kind of thing, ie cheap places to live? I think a lot of the property on the net is aimed at 'rich foreigners' and unfortunately Iīm not one of them.. well, I īm foreign, but Iīm not rich at all..Unimpressed I thought maybe one of those wooden houses with a bit of land thatīs safely fenced or walled, I donīt mind something a bit unconventional.. it just has to be cheap.. or I canīt come Unsure

Right now Iīm in the countryside in the Spanish mountains and I live off the grid with solar power and delivered water. So Iīm not looking for a luxury lifestyle, but I AM looking for a cheap place where I can have some space, some nice natural views, and where my dogs wonīt be heard barking by anyone so I wonīt worry about any complaints!

Specially somewhere that I can keep my dogs, and let them out safely in a garden or courtyard to run around.. and with an internet connection!

Let me know what kinds of places exist if you hear of any! Or just to give me an idea of whatīs possible..

Woofs and hugs to you all

Louisa
I have several dogs and want to live in Malaysia!
Iīd love to meet other dog owners in Malaysia
Iīd like to live in the countryside not far from a village or town

katzai
Dog Kichi

May 18, 2007, 5:14 PM

Post #14 of 20 (640 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wanttoliveinmy] Hello from Anna in Malacca! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Anna & Louisa,

Welcome on board!!!

SupaMolly
ALPHA

May 19, 2007, 10:44 PM

Post #15 of 20 (619 views)
Shortcut

hi anna... welcome to this forum where all dog lovers gather-together ! hope u hav fun n learn much from members here..

wow how u deal with 11 dogs last time ?

n u r rite... treat them how u wan to b treated !

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

SupaMolly
ALPHA

May 19, 2007, 10:59 PM

Post #16 of 20 (618 views)
Shortcut

helo nice to meet you here ! another dog lover entering the loving dog community of Malaysia !

first of all, yes there are many dog lovers here in Malaysia, where you can see nearly 500 dogs and 500++ dog lovers during dog events.. and the coming up on is Dog Olympic Day 2007 held by puppy.com.my next sunday 27 May 2007 !

well, for your information, Malaysia, especially KL, is very popular with packed housing estates. You can see less and less bangalows with a big residential compound as well as gardens around it... not to even mention houses with large space in between each other. green grounds are getting less and less.. thats why msia is getting hotter and hotter each day with a temperature at night of nearly 31oC..

secondly, if your neighbors can tolerate barkings at night or even the day, then its your luck. this is because not every community likes dogs.. for those races that dislike dogs, they can make a fuss out of everything just to make your dog leave.. so u might need to consider training your dogs not to bark excessively.\

cheap places you cant possibly look for a big fencing and a big garden. its the real world in msia... sad to say so..

even worse, you cant really find a 'countryyard' in KL.. KL is full of hustles and bustles with long traffic jams whcih might cost you hours waiting in cars...

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

wanttoliveinmy
Novice

May 20, 2007, 12:36 AM

Post #17 of 20 (612 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] Hello from Anna in Malacca! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi SupaMolly, thanks for writing back. Iīm not considering living in KL, Iīm looking for something in the countryside away from people. My dogs donīt bark excessively but at the same time I donīt want to worry each time they do bark - dogs DO bark sometimes as we all know and I wouldnīt want to have to worry about neighbours getting irritated. There are many different ways of living apart from city life.. for example in Spain I found a place thatīs a renovated animal house, where, long ago, horses or sheep used to live.. it has been made into a small human home. Itīs very small inside, but very pretty, it also has a lot of land around it including a big walled courtyard where the horses or sheep used to live when outside, a big fenced garden, and then more land! My dogs can make all the noise they like without upsetting anyone at all, and I have complete privacy. Iīm just looking for something equally private and rural in Malaysia. There must be places out there outside the big cities and towns! City life isnīt for me. I lived in London most of my life and thatīs enough for me.. Iīm now a country person, and thatīs the ideal place for dogs to run around and enjoy themselves too (within safe walls or fencing).

Your night time temps in KL do sound pretty high.. but they are still not as extreme as Spain. In Spain it can dip to below freezing in the winter, and go as high as 50C at night which is very unpleasant. Itīs regularly in the 40C+ temps in July and August and then itīs too hot to go outside. You have to lock the shutters and doors and make sure no hot air or sunshine enters the house and can only go out at night.

So Malaysia sounds pretty good to me!

Itīs fun looking into all the possibilities.

Thank you all for your help and informative replies!

Louisa

benben
Novice

May 20, 2007, 4:04 AM

Post #18 of 20 (605 views)
Shortcut

hi,

I hav read your post lately. If you want to find a suitable place in malaysia, to be honest malaysia is a place that have many different cultures and rules. Not all over malaysia are the same, some parts have more malays and for sure you and your dogs cannot have much freedom there and its quite troublesome if your neighbours hates dogs. The best is to find a place where there are more chinese for example penang, melaka, kl, seremban or ipoh. But if u want a big yarn and a nice house, then penang and kl won be a good place for u to stay cos thier space there a limited and even there is 1 it won't be cheap.

wanttoliveinmy
Novice

May 20, 2007, 10:38 AM

Post #19 of 20 (586 views)
Shortcut
Re: [benben] Hello from Anna in Malacca! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Benben,

Thanks for your kind and informative reply. Yes Iīm sure thereīs a place somewhere thatīs right for me over there... thanks for pointing out some possibilities, itīs very helpful and positive. Thatīs exactly the type of information Iīm looking for!

Whereabouts are you out of interest? KL? What kind of live do you lead over there in Malaysia? Iīm very interested in meeting different people over there and finding out more about the lifestyles.. which must be many and varied!

I wonder if most people on this forum are based in KL? Is there anyone based in a rural or small town setting I wonder..

Itīs certainly a very exciting and interesting project for me..

Thanks again Smile

Louisa

anna13
Dog Kichi

May 20, 2007, 6:23 PM

Post #20 of 20 (576 views)
Shortcut

Thank you every one for such warm welcome and welcome Loisa!!

Err...supamolly! That was time when I have my 7 cocker spaniel puppies delivered. I am a grandmother of 7 puppies!!! Yaahoo!! They are all in good family now, I have adopted them(given them away ) to loving family.

Now I have only two adult dog left but two days ago, I adopted the third one and I name her Sheena, a four year old female golden labrador whose owner could not take care of her any more due to her fungers skin condition and decided to put her down. The vet kept her for about a week and told me about Sheena when I was searching a dog for a friend. I went and meet her the same evening ( saturday 18 may 07 ) and fall in love with her. She does not look pretty tought as she has quite a sevare condition on her face as well as other part of her body but her inner beauty has won my heard. She need constant care on her skin and should not be in a wet area. I decided to give her second change of living a normal life as I think she deserve it!! No one has the right to take her life just because she got skin condition. Is not her fauth!!

Is the third day today and she is doing just find. She is having her sun bath moment ( good for her to generate ad vitamin for skin ) now in my garden as I wrote. She is hunger for attention and companionship. This morning, she just want me sitting near her and talk to her for a while before she rest in the garden. She wont let me leave her side for half hourWink

My avatar is my superguard dog - Lisa. She is a stray I found from the wet market three years ago. No one enter my house before she do the "checking"Cool She kills monitor lizard, snakes( oh yes, many many snakes including vipers and spit cobra, no joke!! ) She may looks fears but deep inside, she is such a gentle and sweet little girl. I am so happy that I found her. She has contribute so much more then what I expected her to be!! She is the best example of Mongrels dogs!! Her favourate toys - tennis ball!!

Loisa, I think Malacca will be quite an ideal place for you to find a place for you and your pets!!Wink

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my