K9 weight pulling

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

MRK
Novice

May 1, 2007, 6:31 AM

Post #1 of 30 (5542 views)
Shortcut
K9 weight pulling Can't Post

I just want to share this K9 sport that can really test the true power of our dogs. let me share some pictures..Smile

comments please..thanks..Wink
well trained pitbulls....

MRK
Novice

May 1, 2007, 6:48 AM

Post #2 of 30 (5538 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MRK] K9 weight pulling [In reply to] Can't Post

this is "LOCCO" he is a K9 weight pulling association of the Philippines champion, Philippine pitbull club weight pulling champion and National pitbull terrier club ADBA standard grand champion. He is the pound per pound record holder in weight pulling here in the philippines.

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

May 1, 2007, 9:07 AM

Post #3 of 30 (5536 views)
Shortcut

Hi Brother,

Good sharing! We are working on it in Malaysia, and we need the adviser like you to help us... most of the pit owner in Malaysia are more keen to pit performance, we hope we can do something to help this breed by telling the public that NOT all the pitbull know how to fight but they can do some other sport (weight pulling).

Keep sharing brother... Frown

pitbull
Novice

May 1, 2007, 10:56 AM

Post #4 of 30 (5535 views)
Shortcut

Bro....

Nice of u to share some sport for pitbull owners.

Can these weight pulling doggie develope "hernia" in the future due to excessive weight pulling?

Because for humans, if carry excessive weight frequently, slowly but surely will develope "hernia"

For me apbt is greater than involving into this kind of sport.

Thank you and hope you could feedback regarding the side effect or advantage of this kind of sport to me.
Frown"THE APBT is no more A HEAD BREED than any other dog"

tanjoejoe@yahoo.com

Jack_MBT
Enthusiast

May 2, 2007, 2:10 AM

Post #5 of 30 (5521 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pitbull] K9 weight pulling [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi MRK dude, which part of Phillipines you are in ? Btw, is there any possibility for you to send us one of the pulling strap ? How much does it cost ?

We need one sample to start the fabrication : )
Panda is COOl.......Jack the GREAT !!! :)

http://photos.yahoo.com/johnny_ooi

MRK
Novice

Jun 9, 2007, 12:45 AM

Post #6 of 30 (5450 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jack_MBT] K9 weight pulling [In reply to] Can't Post

there is no recorded case of a weightpuller getting hernia here in the philippines. This sport is not for all pitbulls dogs... bodyframe and drive will play a big role and you should start training at a certain age to avoid certain injuries. We are conducting seminars in different parts of the philippines so that people will learn the right weightpull training. The weightpull harness was made by my kennel mate you can send me the measurements of your dog and i will see what i can do. thanks. btw im from manila.

Jack_MBT
Enthusiast

Jun 13, 2007, 1:53 AM

Post #7 of 30 (5423 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
there is no recorded case of a weightpuller getting hernia here in the philippines. This sport is not for all pitbulls dogs... bodyframe and drive will play a big role and you should start training at a certain age to avoid certain injuries. We are conducting seminars in different parts of the philippines so that people will learn the right weightpull training. The weightpull harness was made by my kennel mate you can send me the measurements of your dog and i will see what i can do. thanks. btw im from manila.

Hi MRK, would appreciate if you can let me know type of measurement from the dog you required ...like

01. Height

02. chest broadness

03. body lenght ..etc

Btw, can you private message me your address and contact number in Manila so that my next business trip

to Makati I can pay you a visit.
Panda is COOl.......Jack the GREAT !!! :)

http://photos.yahoo.com/johnny_ooi

GAN
Dog Kichi

Jun 13, 2007, 5:19 PM

Post #8 of 30 (5416 views)
Shortcut

Bro
what is the best age can start mine is 5 month old, he got drive and strong for is age.

Any advise.

Cheers

MRK
Novice

Jul 12, 2007, 6:16 AM

Post #9 of 30 (5251 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GAN] K9 weight pulling [In reply to] Can't Post

You can start teaching your dog the proper form when pulling but use only light weights because your dog is only 5 months old. the best age to start weightpulling is 9 months. You have to be really careful when training your pup because his bones are still developing.

GAN
Dog Kichi

Jul 12, 2007, 5:48 PM

Post #10 of 30 (5246 views)
Shortcut

Bro

Thanks for your advise.

Cheers

nickchong
Dog Kichi

Nov 19, 2007, 8:34 PM

Post #11 of 30 (4801 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GAN] K9 weight pulling [In reply to] Can't Post

This thread is interesting, why stop ??? pls continue ....

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Nov 24, 2007, 7:04 PM

Post #12 of 30 (4758 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nickchong] K9 weight pulling [In reply to] Can't Post

hi bro... not that they want to stop the posting, just that no 1 is free to reply la... everybody busy with their job...

I may not be the one who start the fight, but I will not hesitate to finished it ....

"expect the un-expected".....cheers..!!

http://s246.photobucket.com/...07/wollyee/?start=40

nickchong
Dog Kichi

Nov 26, 2007, 5:13 PM

Post #13 of 30 (4741 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stanleyee] K9 weight pulling [In reply to] Can't Post

ok notedFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrown

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Dec 1, 2007, 8:12 PM

Post #14 of 30 (4698 views)
Shortcut

so have u ever think of weight pulling for u dog?

I may not be the one who start the fight, but I will not hesitate to finished it ....

nickchong
Dog Kichi

Dec 2, 2007, 3:19 AM

Post #15 of 30 (4690 views)
Shortcut

Before i own AST, i dont even know anything about weight Pulling, then kevin told me about it slowly check on the net and turn out to be very interesting.

My AST is only 6 month old and very lazy to walk, i do not understand why but very lazy. Will only active for few minute on FLIRT POLE. I guess she will be ready in 3 more month. That is the right age for weight pulling.

Anyway do you know where i can buy the right HARNES for wieght pulling and what is the cost?

thks

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Dec 3, 2007, 9:34 PM

Post #16 of 30 (4646 views)
Shortcut

the dog is actually not lazy but nothing is attractive to make him move only. Try getting his favo. toys and place on the flirt pole. (tennis ball, rubber bone or etc). when the pup still young, its not advisible to make them pull because the body structure is still growing.... running and flirt pole will do the job at this time...

nickchong
Dog Kichi

Dec 4, 2007, 1:03 AM

Post #17 of 30 (4633 views)
Shortcut

Hi Have you ever try to take your dog for walk and your dog walk for 20 meter and she laydown and refuse to walk any futher, she will not even move a bit even if you drag her to move. I TRY MANY MANY TIME UNTIL I GOT FEDUP WITH MY DOG. I even sometime stand beside her and wait for her to move, she will sniff here and there and she will made u-turn back home - she will not move forward, 100% sure. Very stubborn and ada gaya.

But i notice i thing, if i take another dog for walk she will definaly follow and will walk at any distance but just refuse to walk alone. If the front dog stop she will follow stop not even walk further. That is why i said ada gaya.

I pening kepala with my AST. Kelvin ask me to try to use longer leashes - same answer

I also try to lure her with food, but according to kelvin it will became a bad habbit in future - i stop using this as what kelvin said is correct.

I also run out of idea......................

Need HELP.....................

Any one have better idea !!!!!!

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Dec 4, 2007, 1:36 AM

Post #18 of 30 (4628 views)
Shortcut

try using a choke chain....whenever ur ast reject ur command tag hard(pull and let and don just pull all the way) as they will feel the pain. If ur ast still reject, used spike chain(works well) but control you tag as it really hurts. the cain should be in the shape of "P" when u put onto it neckTongue. Ur the master, ur dog should obey and not u obey the dog...Wink. give it a try la, at least....

nickchong
Dog Kichi

Dec 4, 2007, 6:03 AM

Post #19 of 30 (4621 views)
Shortcut

I forgot to tell you choke chain also no use. at first pull and let, then pull and let for about 6 to 7 time also same she wont move, then i pull all the way for a short distance (about 3 house distance) my AST also wont move and i almost choke her to DEAD she also wont move. The more i pull the more stubborn she is and also she wont bark, she will only stare at me with her sad face, i also pitty her.

My AST is only 6 or 7 month old, i think i should bring her to Taman Desa this sunday and see her respond. At this age if she cannot obey then i susah lah.

My AST just refuse to walk on leashe. I also bough harnes for her, same answer

MY AST WONT WALK WITH COLLAR or CHOKE CHAIN or HARNES

The next thing i want to do at Taman Desa is ask other people to walk my AST - i want to see what is the outcome ??? will she walk or not

2morow I will buy the spike chain , wait for my answer.............

I will show you the picture of my stubbon dog, just taken today
Attachments: DSC00237.jpg (162 KB)

nickchong
Dog Kichi

Dec 4, 2007, 6:18 AM

Post #20 of 30 (4618 views)
Shortcut

look at this pic
Attachments: DSC00239.jpg (156 KB)

nickchong
Dog Kichi

Dec 4, 2007, 6:27 AM

Post #21 of 30 (4617 views)
Shortcut

Look at the pic

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Dec 4, 2007, 8:16 PM

Post #22 of 30 (4591 views)
Shortcut

Hahahaha! Brother,... Really funny lar the photos... It makes me recall my beloved Dingo... she is as very stubbon AST also..., I took a longer leash and I walk her, if she don't want to walk..., i will wait til she stand up and move..., if still cannot, I will lift up and carry her for a few meters and let her walk again... and 3 or 4 days later... she follow...

nickchong
Dog Kichi

Dec 4, 2007, 9:13 PM

Post #23 of 30 (4587 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kevin Chuan] K9 weight pulling [In reply to] Can't Post

Bro - you are 1 happy man at least your DIngo walk after few day but mine still LCLY after weeks.

ha ha ha ha ha i also find the pic very funny with 4 leg open straight. I also try this ler, carry her to 50meter away and she will sniff here and there and she will find way back home but not move forward.

Bro - where to buy the right weight pulling harnes ?

nickchong
Dog Kichi

Dec 5, 2007, 1:01 AM

Post #24 of 30 (4576 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kevin Chuan] K9 weight pulling [In reply to] Can't Post

Bro

Now is 5pm time to go back to walk my dog, any reply will read at 9pm. ciao

nickchong
Dog Kichi

Dec 5, 2007, 6:33 PM

Post #25 of 30 (4566 views)
Shortcut

the answer still the same

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my